What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I figured out that the characters are really unbalanced, so the Fighter is actually the best by a significant margin. I also learned that the Thief is useless. I learned to equip items.
No steal akin to Locke in VI?

Now it's going ok. Seems like a slog though, not sure how long I'll keep up with it.
Push through.

Well, I beat Dark Souls 3 today to include Ashes of Ariandel. Embarking on the final material of Ringed City tomorrow but am feeling a bit fatigued, with some battles over time just zapping me.

In a word though, wow. Great, great journey. Minor spoilers follow.

Solo'd every enemy, mini-boss, and boss in the game. Three of whom had me wanting to throw in the towel and came as close to digital blood, sweat, and tears as I can imagine. While I'd still rank Bloodborne ahead of DS3, this one already feels memorable for me. The three were:

Sister Friede – I find the difficulty of enemies who resurrect for many phases to be a bit cheap and hard for hard's sake but this fight nonetheless absolutely wrecked me for a couple days. Confusingly, I can't pinpoint what was so hard but man, she had my number. Took her scythe and shoved it where the sun don't shine.

Aldrich – I struggled to time, spatialise, and memorise his movesets because of the more chaotic nature of the fight. Because I play without shield or armour proper, I can't absorb many missteps; ergo, huge problem for me, this guy. The attempt which had me best him was a mishmash of strategy, luck, and balls, to be frank. One of my Achilles' heels is when a boss and I both have one hit left of HP, my brain shuts off and I jump in with some tasty steel to serve. Problem is, 9/10 times I'm the one who gets put in a box.

Nameless King – No boss took me longer than him. It took me literally days and I almost said F it and walked. So very hard for me. By the time I'd beat him, no BS, I knew what he was thinking before he was. The final fight was like a dance and I was the teacher; he, my student. Cut his throat and took a bow. Sometimes shit is personal.
Honoured to have played another masterpiece of Miyazaki. *applause

cc: @jojoRed, @HTTR21

Well, I beat Dark Souls 3 today to include Ashes of Ariandel. Embarking on the final material of Ringed City tomorrow but am feeling a bit fatigued, with some battles over time just zapping me.

Solo'd every enemy, mini-boss, and boss in the game. Three of whom had me wanting to throw in the towel and came as close to digital blood, sweat, and tears as I can imagine. While I'd still rank Bloodborne ahead of DS3, this one already feels memorable for me. The three were:

Sister Friede – I find the difficulty of enemies who resurrect for many phases to be a bit cheap and hard for hard's sake but this fight nonetheless absolutely wrecked me for a couple days. Confusingly, I can't pinpoint what was so hard but man, she had my number. Took her scythe and shoved it where the sun don't shine.

Aldrich – I struggled to time, spatialise, and memorise his movesets because of the more chaotic nature of the fight. Because I play without shield or armour proper, I can't absorb many missteps; ergo, huge problem for me, this guy. The attempt which had me best him was a mishmash of strategy, luck, and balls, to be frank. One of my Achilles' heels is when a boss and I both have one hit left of HP, my brain shuts off and I jump in with some tasty steel to serve. Problem is, 9/10 times I'm the one who gets put in a box.

Nameless King – No boss took me longer than him. It took me literally days and I almost said F it and walked. So very hard for me. By the time I'd beat him, no BS, I knew what he was thinking before he was. The final fight was like a dance and I was the teacher; he, my student. Cut his throat and took a bow. Sometimes shit is personal.

Honestly glad you enjoyed it, it is a fun game, but frustrating at times, you'll know when you play the ringed city, especially during a certain "light" portion of the game (heh).

Did you also think Sister friede felt like a copy and paste of Maria, except she felt too fast paced, almost like it was designed for BB.

Right now, imma log off and play Horizon. I can only play like 1-2 days a week for a couple hours which I hate. Which game is next for you?

Aldrich was fucking badass. The boss that made me pretty gotten to was the Twin Princes. Fuck those *******. Srs. They might honestly be the hardest boss I've ever faced in a video game.

I just started playing Final Fantasy 13-2. Its much better than 13 so far, they kept the battle system which was pretty good and changed a lot of the bad aspects of the first one. They added a monster "raising" part to the game where you capture monsters then level them up and/or combine them. I played 13 twice till the last boss and needed to grind a little to beat it but just put it down instead, let's see how far i get in this one...

Just started playing Final Fantasy (1987). It seems hard.
My favorite game of all time!

Honestly glad you enjoyed it, it is a fun game, but frustrating at times, you'll know when you play the ringed city, especially during a certain "light" portion of the game (heh).

Did you also think Sister friede felt like a copy and paste of Maria, except she felt too fast paced, almost like it was designed for BB.

Right now, imma log off and play Horizon. I can only play like 1-2 days a week for a couple hours which I hate. Which game is next for you?
Very cool comparison to draw, Maria and Friede. Yeah, thinking on movesets, I could see a re-skin argument; ironic too the piercingly beautiful Chapel attic window with dusty feel and then Maria's clocktower top-floor. Lots of similarities, in fact. Good one. Friede was a lot harder for me than Maria. Same for you or vice versa?

Enjoy HZD, mate. Any shot at your schedule opening up a bit to allow more time to game or not for the foreseeable future?

Next for me is a Souls break. I've been eager to open up God of War, which is on my desk as I write this. After that, I'm likely tackling the DS1 remaster and will be touching base with you along the way. I want to hit Nioh up and compare notes with my boy HTTR but that will be later this year.

Aldrich was fucking badass. The boss that made me pretty gotten to was the Twin Princes. Fuck those *******. Srs. They might honestly be the hardest boss I've ever faced in a video game.
I had to ember for that fight actually to ride the HP boost so I get it. Never hated a crippled, little brother so much, ha. Worst part too is being forced to endure the same minutes-long, phase-two cinematic for every showdown, not knowing if you'll even survive the opening minute after. Then doing it all over again. And again.

I really have no idea what to play. I just look at my library and shrug, then go play some MechWarrior Online.

Very cool comparison to draw, Maria and Friede. Yeah, thinking on movesets, I could see a re-skin argument; ironic too the piercingly beautiful Chapel attic window with dusty feel and then Maria's clocktower top-floor. Lots of similarities, in fact. Good one. Friede was a lot harder for me than Maria. Same for you or vice versa?

Enjoy HZD, mate. Any shot at your schedule opening up a bit to allow more time to game or not for the foreseeable future?

Next for me is a Souls break. I've been eager to open up God of War, which is on my desk as I write this. After that, I'm likely tackling the DS1 remaster and will be touching base with you along the way. I want to hit Nioh up and compare notes with my boy HTTR but that will be later this year.
Its just that with work and the commute, and then fatigue from work+commute, youre literally too tired after work, then you have 3 hours before bed and that just seems to move like a blur. Im gonna try get more gaming done, and because of the long breaks in between gaming, Im not enjoying HZD as much. Its a good game, but its really true, you need to spend more time with a game to really like it.

Just had a quick session before bed and Im gonna try play more tomorrow.

As for Frieda and Maria, I found Friede much more annoying. Didnt really like her as a boss and just felt it was cheapened by the big molten thing. I cant remember much of it. But I do recall the Maria fight, in that hunter vs hunter fights felt like something out of a movie. Its why Gehrman etc was among my favourite bosses, aswell as Maria. Just felt like something a duel. And duels are always my favourite moments in film, from westerns to samurai flicks.

As for the souls break, definitely play 1-2 other games for now. It can burn you out playing back to back, and hinder your enjoyment of the games. Enjoy GOW, it was goddamn awesome. Great fun, youre gonna like it.

I really have no idea what to play. I just look at my library and shrug, then go play some MechWarrior Online.

Lol I do the same. I was gonna buy Battlefield 1 Revolution for 12 bucks buy why bother when I will probably never play it.

Its just that with work and the commute, and then fatigue from work+commute, youre literally too tired after work, then you have 3 hours before bed and that just seems to move like a blur. Im gonna try get more gaming done, and because of the long breaks in between gaming, Im not enjoying HZD as much. Its a good game, but its really true, you need to spend more time with a game to really like it.

Just had a quick session before bed and Im gonna try play more tomorrow.

As for Frieda and Maria, I found Friede much more annoying. Didnt really like her as a boss and just felt it was cheapened by the big molten thing. I cant remember much of it. But I do recall the Maria fight, in that hunter vs hunter fights felt like something out of a movie. Its why Gehrman etc was among my favourite bosses, aswell as Maria. Just felt like something a duel. And duels are always my favourite moments in film, from westerns to samurai flicks.

As for the souls break, definitely play 1-2 other games for now. It can burn you out playing back to back, and hinder your enjoyment of the games. Enjoy GOW, it was goddamn awesome. Great fun, youre gonna like it.

From January to April I played Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne back to back. After I was done I was going to start Nioh but I felt a little burnt out and couldn’t get past the first hour. The side effect is that I literally haven’t played any games at all since May 7th. When I do go back I think I’ll forbear on Nioh for a while and maybe play something else, like Far Cry 2 or something.

From January to April I played Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne back to back. After I was done I was going to start Nioh but I felt a little burnt out and couldn’t get past the first hour. The side effect is that I literally haven’t played any games at all since May 7th. When I do go back I think I’ll forbear on Nioh for a while and maybe play something else, like Far Cry 2 or something.

Yeah, you exited "the zone". All those games can be fun, but you gotta be in a certain mindset to take them on.

Lol I do the same. I was gonna buy Battlefield 1 Revolution for 12 bucks buy why bother when I will probably never play it.
I got some mileage out of Shadow of War but I've had my fill. Might try Divinity 2 next time it's on sale. So many damn games these days.

Like others I the thread I'm on a Soulsborne run at the moment. Finished DS1 and 2 and just finishing up Bloodborne now. Have Orphan of Kos and the final 2 bosses to go. Not sure how much chalice dungeoning I'll try.

OoK is currently kicking my arse.

Like others I the thread I'm on a Soulsborne run at the moment. Finished DS1 and 2 and just finishing up Bloodborne now. Have Orphan of Kos and the final 2 bosses to go. Not sure how much chalice dungeoning I'll try.

OoK is currently kicking my arse.
Journey well, brother. Don't ever quit. Save dungeons for last unless you're hard up for a blood gem or two. Orphan was the second hardest boss for me because he doesn't discriminate between melee and mid-range – his weapon arts are too dynamic. So it's take it out onto open water, wrecked; stay close and hug, wrecked. Hell of a fight. You'll stand up when you finally do it and have a mountaintop moment.

No steal akin to Locke in VI?

Here's the description of Final Fantasy's thief (Th) class from a good guide I found. It eventually gets promoted into the ninja (Ni) class.

uLu79sQ.jpg

Th/Ni: this character has the best chance of trying to RUN away in battle.
There isn't much else to say in favor of this class until it gets
promoted to the Ni class. The Ni has an above average armor level and
an average attack power. Like the Kn, you may find that the Ni
frequently has no space to carry spare pieces of armor. The Ni can
cast FAST, which helps a little. The Ni has an average MHP level
There are no really good reasons that I can think of to include this
class in your party, but if you really want to, it doesn't hurt you

Last edited:
Here's the description of Final Fantasy's thief (Th) class from a good guide I found. It eventually gets promoted into the ninja (Ni) class.

uLu79sQ.jpg

Th/Ni: this character has the best chance of trying to RUN away in battle.
There isn't much else to say in favor of this class until it gets
promoted to the Ni class. The Ni has an above average armor level and
an average attack power. Like the Kn, you may find that the Ni
frequently has no space to carry spare pieces of armor. The Ni can
cast FAST, which helps a little. The Ni has an average MHP level
There are no really good reasons that I can think of to include this
class in your party, but if you really want to, it doesn't hurt you
Thanks. Indeed, having him tag along doesn't inspire much. Did you end up replacing him to better round out your White, Red, and Black Mage trio?

Thanks. Indeed, having him tag along doesn't inspire much. Did you end up replacing him to better round out your White, Red, and Black Mage trio?
Yeah. I just piggybacked on some of the guys who are super obsessed with the game. Knight/Red Mage/White Mage/Black Belt is a balanced group that was recommended so I went with that. At least in the early part of the game, the Knight seems waaay better than any other class.

I'm still stuck on State of Decay 2. Love that game. And my daughter just showed me how to play minecraft. It's entertaining at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back