What are you playing now? V-2

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by Hyperglide, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Eazy123

Eazy123 Brown Belt

Pre-ordered Dead Cells tonight. Can't wait to wake up tomorrow and play. Looks incredible.

Fraz and TeTe like this.
  2. Fraz

Fraz The Larry

I've had a few runs on ps4 its great, the combat is really satisfying.

I had been waiting for it since i seen lets plays on youtube like a year ago. It doesn't disappoint.

Eazy123 likes this.
  3. Myprotein

Myprotein White Belt

Just bought God of War. Incredible start to the game and only looking like getting better.

4. Guard

Guard White Belt

Damn, wish I could play it again without knowing what happens. You're in for a wild ride brother.

Currently I'm kicking ass on UFC 3 but might go back to Total War: Rome II or something.

Myprotein likes this.
  5. Myprotein

Myprotein White Belt

Ah it just gets better by each hour!

Loads of Thor references too!

6. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

Restarted DA:I.... again...

I need to finish this fucking game.

7. Stalkingsquid

Stalkingsquid Orange Belt

Currently doing replays of Far Cry 2 and Spintires: Mudrunner. Gotta admit farcry 2 has a special place in my heart. God I love that game

Zer likes this.
  8. Fraz

Fraz The Larry

Splitting my time between Dead Cells and Shadow Of War, both are a lot of fun.

9. MXZT

MXZT Purple Belt Platinum Member

10. Zer

Zer Gold Belt

FC2 is my fav of the series no doubt

I just did a big run on regular Spintires. Kind of tempted to buy Mudrunner

Stalkingsquid likes this.
  11. Cozytoesflava

Cozytoesflava Silver Belt

Downloaded H1Z1 the other day and played a few games of it. I've enjoyed it. All these games are more or less the same/similar to me these days.

TeTe likes this.
  12. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

Currently modding the shit out of Fallout NV before I embark on an adventure. I've already replaced all the textures with better high resolution ones, added in weather and lighting mods, better NPC faces. This shit is never ending with mods and I fucking love it.

TeTe likes this.
  13. Valhoven

Valhoven Feather of Ma'at Staff Member Senior Moderator

Just bested Cinder Lord Aldrich of Souls 3 a couple hours ago. Took me so many defeats but loss by loss, I learnt mine enemy. Hell of a fight, that guy.

Grandest one-on-one so far IMO has been against Pontiff Sulyvahn – he stood toe to toe with me; man versus man, blade versus blade; no astral shower magic BS with a screen-swallowing AoE; just blood loss and wits.

This might be the best game I've ever played. Heading into some gaol-dungeon system now but not sure what awaits me at its end or if I will even make it out alive.

TeTe, jojoRed, Fraz and 1 other person like this.
  14. Rozko

Rozko Brown Belt

I haven't played NV since the first major patch that made it even more unstable for me. I should check that out again.

15. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

There is a whole bunch of mods that fix stability and crashing issues, and even extend the script to allow for mods that are more sophisticated than what the original programming can handle. It gets deep, you can damn near create a new game.

Rozko likes this.
  16. jojoRed

jojoRed Brown Belt

<DCWhoa>

Better than even Bloodborne?

Glad to see youre enjoying it that much man. Have fun

Valhoven likes this.
  17. Grevor

Grevor White Belt

Just started Rise Of The Tomb Raider this morning and loving it. Night pick up Dead Cell soon.

jojoRed likes this.
  18. Valhoven

Valhoven Feather of Ma'at Staff Member Senior Moderator

I was afraid you'd read that. :p

I think the story with Souls is more linear, or then graspable might be a better term. It's a healthy level of crypticness, all in all, especially with the obscure, easy-to-boggle questlines. Bb, dude, the mythology and 'message' is something one could write a thesis on, as you well know. I think the more granular armour and ring elements of Souls coupled with a fun difficulty level make the gameplay outshine Bb. Nothing in it is giving me the creeps though the way Bb did, know what I mean? So Bb really seems its own category to me.

What think you?

TeTe and jojoRed like this.
  19. jojoRed

jojoRed Brown Belt

Well by the time I played DS3, I liked it way more than other games but series fatigue has kind of started to settle in, some areas are full of nostalgia etc, and when you have to rely on the past successes to make your game more enjoyable, its just not really as good. The core gameplay is great but its not the same as when I first played DS1 or BB.

I like certain stories in DS but I was never as engrossed in the lore as much as I was with BB. I think BB with level design of DS1, would be the greatest game ever but then again BB is nearly exactly that.

BUT

You played DS3 second, so youre gonna enjoy it infinitely more than I did, and thats great because the game is truly great. Great boss designs, great areas, but they never truly feel as interconnected as DS1, you never get the sense of "Oh Shit, so if I cut through I go to the start of the game?", but you get that in a smaller doses if that makes sense. Some areas have little areas that are interconnected and loop back on each other. When youve played the best the series has to offer, you kind of nitpick small things past games did better, but thats for every franchise.

If I played DS3 first, it may have been my favourite, who knows. But whats important is that youre enjoying it, having a great experience, and enjoying your time with it. Nothing else really matters besides that right? Enjoy the lore videos too man.

Valhoven and TeTe like this.
  20. TeTe

TeTe Troll Whisperer Staff Member Senior Moderator

Still playing Sunset Overdrive. Can't wait for TWD Season 4 to come out in a few days

Hyperglide, jojoRed and Valhoven like this.