What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got mad addicted to Spintires for a while but got all the achievements I wanted so decided to move on. I'll play Marlow Briggs next

I also fired up the new Hitman series and played all the tutorial missions. Which were pretty fun for tutorial missions. The game feels smooth as fuck in terms of its gameplay and presentation, and I haven't even hit the big fancy levels yet. I really like that each level has it's own individual challenges laid out in front of you because in previous Hitman games, which I replayed loads of times, I'd always just stick one plan that worked but my OCD means in this I'll have to try all kinds of different shit to 100% each mission (Although whether that applies to the major levels or just the tutorial levels idk yet). I guess each level has developer made missions, but then user created missions on top of that for the longevity. My major concern is that each level has looked crowded in every screenshot I've seen, so I wonder if I can play Hitman the way I like which is turning the entire level into a graveyard (With stealth kills. Only going postal as a last resort)

Pre-ordered Dead Cells tonight. Can't wait to wake up tomorrow and play. Looks incredible.

Pre-ordered Dead Cells tonight. Can't wait to wake up tomorrow and play. Looks incredible.

I've had a few runs on ps4 its great, the combat is really satisfying.

I had been waiting for it since i seen lets plays on youtube like a year ago. It doesn't disappoint.

Just bought God of War. Incredible start to the game and only looking like getting better.

Damn, wish I could play it again without knowing what happens. You're in for a wild ride brother.

Currently I'm kicking ass on UFC 3 but might go back to Total War: Rome II or something.

Ah it just gets better by each hour!

Loads of Thor references too!

Restarted DA:I.... again...

I need to finish this fucking game.

Currently doing replays of Far Cry 2 and Spintires: Mudrunner. Gotta admit farcry 2 has a special place in my heart. God I love that game

Splitting my time between Dead Cells and Shadow Of War, both are a lot of fun.

Currently doing replays of Far Cry 2 and Spintires: Mudrunner. Gotta admit farcry 2 has a special place in my heart. God I love that game

FC2 is my fav of the series no doubt

I just did a big run on regular Spintires. Kind of tempted to buy Mudrunner

Downloaded H1Z1 the other day and played a few games of it. I've enjoyed it. All these games are more or less the same/similar to me these days.

Currently modding the shit out of Fallout NV before I embark on an adventure. I've already replaced all the textures with better high resolution ones, added in weather and lighting mods, better NPC faces. This shit is never ending with mods and I fucking love it.

Just bested Cinder Lord Aldrich of Souls 3 a couple hours ago. Took me so many defeats but loss by loss, I learnt mine enemy. Hell of a fight, that guy.

Grandest one-on-one so far IMO has been against Pontiff Sulyvahn – he stood toe to toe with me; man versus man, blade versus blade; no astral shower magic BS with a screen-swallowing AoE; just blood loss and wits.

This might be the best game I've ever played. Heading into some gaol-dungeon system now but not sure what awaits me at its end or if I will even make it out alive.

Currently modding the shit out of Fallout NV before I embark on an adventure. I've already replaced all the textures with better high resolution ones, added in weather and lighting mods, better NPC faces. This shit is never ending with mods and I fucking love it.
I haven't played NV since the first major patch that made it even more unstable for me. I should check that out again.

I haven't played NV since the first major patch that made it even more unstable for me. I should check that out again.
There is a whole bunch of mods that fix stability and crashing issues, and even extend the script to allow for mods that are more sophisticated than what the original programming can handle. It gets deep, you can damn near create a new game.

Just bested Cinder Lord Aldrich of Souls 3 a couple hours ago. Took me so many defeats but loss by loss, I learnt mine enemy. Hell of a fight, that guy.

Grandest one-on-one so far IMO has been against Pontiff Sulyvahn – he stood toe to toe with me; man versus man, blade versus blade; no astral shower magic BS with a screen-swallowing AoE; just blood loss and wits.

This might be the best game I've ever played. Heading into some gaol-dungeon system now but not sure what awaits me at its end or if I will even make it out alive.

<DCWhoa>

Better than even Bloodborne?

Glad to see youre enjoying it that much man. Have fun

Just started Rise Of The Tomb Raider this morning and loving it. Night pick up Dead Cell soon.

<DCWhoa>

Better than even Bloodborne?

Glad to see youre enjoying it that much man. Have fun
I was afraid you'd read that. :p

I think the story with Souls is more linear, or then graspable might be a better term. It's a healthy level of crypticness, all in all, especially with the obscure, easy-to-boggle questlines. Bb, dude, the mythology and 'message' is something one could write a thesis on, as you well know. I think the more granular armour and ring elements of Souls coupled with a fun difficulty level make the gameplay outshine Bb. Nothing in it is giving me the creeps though the way Bb did, know what I mean? So Bb really seems its own category to me.

What think you?

I was afraid you'd read that. :p

I think the story with Souls is more linear, or then graspable might be a better term. It's a healthy level of crypticness, all in all, especially with the obscure, easy-to-boggle questlines. Bb, dude, the mythology and 'message' is something one could write a thesis on, as you well know. I think the more granular armour and ring elements of Souls coupled with a fun difficulty level make the gameplay outshine Bb. Nothing in it is giving me the creeps though the way Bb did, know what I mean? So Bb really seems its own category to me.

What think you?
Well by the time I played DS3, I liked it way more than other games but series fatigue has kind of started to settle in, some areas are full of nostalgia etc, and when you have to rely on the past successes to make your game more enjoyable, its just not really as good. The core gameplay is great but its not the same as when I first played DS1 or BB.

I like certain stories in DS but I was never as engrossed in the lore as much as I was with BB. I think BB with level design of DS1, would be the greatest game ever but then again BB is nearly exactly that.

BUT

You played DS3 second, so youre gonna enjoy it infinitely more than I did, and thats great because the game is truly great. Great boss designs, great areas, but they never truly feel as interconnected as DS1, you never get the sense of "Oh Shit, so if I cut through I go to the start of the game?", but you get that in a smaller doses if that makes sense. Some areas have little areas that are interconnected and loop back on each other. When youve played the best the series has to offer, you kind of nitpick small things past games did better, but thats for every franchise.

If I played DS3 first, it may have been my favourite, who knows. But whats important is that youre enjoying it, having a great experience, and enjoying your time with it. Nothing else really matters besides that right? Enjoy the lore videos too man.

Still playing Sunset Overdrive. Can't wait for TWD Season 4 to come out in a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back