What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing through The Witcher 3 again after purchasing the Blood and Wine expansion.

Finally picked up Hellblade Senuas Sacrifice on sale via the Ultimate Game Sale.

Will hop on probably this weekend. Will I need tissues? I hear the story is really intense and melancholy exploring mental illness.

Playing new GTA After Hours update too. Nightclubs are pretty rad. The dripfeed in this game is getting ridic now though. They are dripfeeding djs wtf...

Finally picked up Hellblade Senuas Sacrifice on sale via the Ultimate Game Sale.

Will hop on probably this weekend. Will I need tissues? I hear the story is really intense and melancholy exploring mental illness.

Playing new GTA After Hours update too. Nightclubs are pretty rad. The dripfeed in this game is getting ridic now though. They are dripfeeding djs wtf...

You won't need tissues but it's a freaky game, especially if you wear headphones. Combat is repetitive but the sound and atmosphere are top notch for a small studio.

Playing through The Witcher 3 again after purchasing the Blood and Wine expansion.

I bought the GOTY edition a few months ago but didn't get to start playing it until last weekend. I have probably clocked around 20 hours so far and I have to say it's the best RPG I've played since Mass Effect 2.

I just started playing Tobal No. 1 for the first time. Very interesting grappling system which seems to be the basis for Goh's grappling in Virtua Fighter.

Back on No Man's Sky after the update. Ready to dump another 60+ hours in on a new file. Loved it the first time and there's a lot more to do now.

Weak items by baro ki teer BUT he made me buy those dual cleavers since I don't have fashion weapons yet. Gonna get me the justic blades down by the steel meridian hq.

Finished Walking Dead: A New Frontier. I never heard much about this, which is odd because no one ever shut the fuck up about the two games before it, so I assumed it was kind of rubbish. I really liked it though and shit got emotional multiple times. These kind of games always turn me into a weeping bitch.

Not sure what new game I'll play next. Maybe the new Hitman series, or Synthetik or Marlow Briggs. Probably will just focus on Trails of Cold Steel

Also fired up Spintires again because I'm in the mood for Soviet trucks getting bogged down in tons of mud

Finished Walking Dead: A New Frontier. I never heard much about this, which is odd because no one ever shut the fuck up about the two games before it, so I assumed it was kind of rubbish.

Yeah, Telltale is kind of fizzling out. I think their games are still good for the most part(for what they are), but they've been lazy in correcting glaring technical issues in all of their titles(across all platforms), and over-saturated the market with 99 flavors of the same shit. They've never taken any steps to evolve their formula, like they did with the original Walking Dead game.

They need to take some much needed time off, and come back with something fresh. Those one-note, glitchy cartoon graphic games, ain't gonna hold up forever.

Yeah, Telltale is kind of fizzling out. I think their games are still good for the most part(for what they are), but they've been lazy in correcting glaring technical issues in all of their titles(across all platforms), and over-saturated the market with 99 flavors of the same shit. They've never taken any steps to evolve their formula, like they did with the original Walking Dead game.

They need to take some much needed time off, and come back with something fresh. Those one-note, glitchy cartoon graphic games, ain't gonna hold up forever.

Yeah that all sounds pretty fair. That shit still works on me though. I haven't really paid attention to Telltale beyond buying their games. I wonder if their shit still sells like it used to.

Yeah that all sounds pretty fair. That shit still works on me though. I haven't really paid attention to Telltale beyond buying their games. I wonder if their shit still sells like it used to.

Yeah, I'm not sure about the sales, but it's been reported that they have a lot of internal problems. Their now ex-CEO was apparently a big part of what was holding them back. He just signed all these licensing deals, which forced the relatively small staff to work non-stop and churn everything out as quickly as possible, and was dead against any kind of evolution of their game engine or formula, and the schedule was so overstuffed that they never had any time to work on improving it anyways. He was also apparently some egomaniacal asshole, who was more concerned about his status than the company's, and just cared about the headlines that he had acquired so and so as a license.

He's was voted out as CEO in 2017, and they laid off a bunch of people, so maybe they'll be hitting the reset button on their products as well.

Finished AC Origins last week and as of a few hours ago, also the two DLCs that followed – Hidden Ones and Curse of the Pharaohs.

The storytelling of the base game really stands out looking back and the Hidden Ones DLC, which takes place four years after the main story, felt like a natural next chapter to it all, especially with the founding of the Bureau and such. Good stuff.

The Pharaohs' Curse add-on lost me a bit. Some of the Afterlife environments are the most beautiful in the game so there's that but all in all, I found myself too often asking what's going on or why I'm doing this and that. I got a sense this leg was dev's creativity catch-all for what didn't gel elsewhere. And the Curse's lifting was woefully unceremonial, sadly.

Odyssey is only two months away and as soon as you conclude the main story for Origins, its successor's Greco-Aegean backdrop makes sense. But they set Odyssey some half a millennium before the goings-on of Origins, so any interplay between the two rests solely on a contrivance of new addition Layla. Bayek was a BAMF and whoever voiced that dude knows how to sound genuinely upset, lol. Reckon he'd make for a good centrepiece to an Ezio-like trilogy.

Cool game. Will pick up Odyssey at some point in 2019 to satisfy my need to Find and Assassinate something.

Finished The Surge for the first time, now looking to go to NG+ just for the 1000G, I'm missing a few achievements. It's a nice game but not worth full price.

Deck13 is getting the hang of it, can't wait for The Surge 2.

I replayed through The Banner Saga 1 and 2 so I could import a new saved game into The Banner Saga 3. I like these games a lot, but I do wish the characters had a few more moves and that the battle terrain would throw height into the mix. That's not to say the battles don't have anything going for them; the highest difficulty is actually pretty challenging and this last game brings back the option of fleeing or sticking it out through another wave of enemies (for some battles). Sometimes the last wave has a boss that gives you an item if you beat it.

It also lets you rotate in fresh units for the second wave, which I like because it lets each wave be more of a challenge instead of just a slog. The devs have also introduced "hero titles" for characters that are level 11 and above. You don't get any new abilities, unfortunately, but they do allow you to add some more stats.

Just saw Jedi Knight :Jedi Acadamy is now reverse compatible on the one.

Started a new play through a few minutes ago, I didnt rember the game being as clunky as it is.

I don’t know if I have it in me to play through it or just take it out and keep my great memories of it instead lol.

Have been playing nothing but Slay the Spire for the past few months, waiting for Spiderman to come out. Fantastic game, still in early access.

Got Dragon Quest VIII on 3ds this morning. Forgot it came out over a year ago lol. I remember the day I got the PS2 version. Awesome game and I'm excited to try it without the random battles for once.

Have been playing nothing but Slay the Spire for the past few months, waiting for Spiderman to come out. Fantastic game, still in early access.

I think i may get this game, i've seen people online raving about it.

Started Forza 7 today. I like the Horizon series but I miss having more control over the car, behave like a proper pilot, and I really love the F1 and Indycar models that Horizon lacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back