What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he's the biggest souls "star". His videos are great and Im glad to find out he's making money. Maybe you'd like some joke video montages of the DS games too. Theyre decent for what they are, great music choices and comic relief imo.

DS1:

DS3:

Nice, a palette change is definitely needed playing souls games because too much of a good thing can feel stale.

Enjoy DS3 and get back to me on how you liked it compared to BB, etc. Some great boss designs in there but I feel after youve played DS3 and BB, when you go back to DS1, you'll marvel at how much better certain aspects are compared to the games that proceeded it, and areas where theyve definitely improved upon. Level design was perfected in DS1 imo.

As for me, thats it for today. Have a blessed week mate.

Will check the vids out later. Cheers.

I saw there’s a remastered DS1 out where some kinks and light effects were ironed out of the original. While I intend on picking the remaster up, I’m worried making the jump to DS1 from 3 will only bring to fore how slow or clunky the mechanics used to be and dampen the overall experience. Can’t bring myself not to embark on 3 though; too pumped. First-world problems, lol.

Likewise, have a good one. Gonna have a lie-down myself.

Got dat 100% on MGS5, did a run through Dawn of War 2 and it's DLC and pumped like 25 hours into 7 Days to Die

Thought I'd replay Dyling Light but couldn't get into it all

I guess now I'll do Warhammer Total War 2, Walking Dead Season 3 and Trails of Cold Steel

Finally got around to playing the Witcher 3 expansion packs. It was hilarious because my last save was in 2015 before my youngest kid was even born. In any case, Blood and Wine is great so far.

Finally got around to playing the Witcher 3 expansion packs. It was hilarious because my last save was in 2015 before my youngest kid was even born. In any case, Blood and Wine is great so far.
B&W was a game-changer. Good stuff. Enjoy.

Yep. So far the main quest has taken over my life. Excited to play hearts of stone after
I would recommend the opposite, actually. HoS is super fun but B&W is on another level and boasts a significant farewell subtext; the journey in a word blows up and branches off into new albeit concluding directions – not to mention you'll be overlevelled enough at that point to make wet toilet paper of an HoS run (which would be a disservice to you and that leg of the journey).

Do you, but I just hate to see a Rivian brother not live it up to the fullest. HoS is shorter, lastly, whereas in B&W, you can really lose and find yourself again so it's a beautiful send-off for a grizzled monster-slayer as well as retirement, if you will.

I would recommend the opposite, actually. HoS is super fun but B&W is on another level and boasts a significant farewell subtext; the journey in a word blows up and branches off into new albeit concluding directions – not to mention you'll be overlevelled enough at that point to make wet toilet paper of an HoS run (which would be a disservice to you and that leg of the journey).

Do you, but I just hate to see a Rivian brother not live it up to the fullest. HoS is shorter, lastly, whereas in B&W, you can really lose and find yourself again so it's a beautiful send-off for a grizzled monster-slayer as well as retirement, if you will.

Thanks for the advice. I almost hate to see this game go away. Don’t know what good RPGs are left until TES 6.

Got dat 100% on MGS5, did a run through Dawn of War 2 and it's DLC and pumped like 25 hours into 7 Days to Die

Thought I'd replay Dyling Light but couldn't get into it all

I guess now I'll do Warhammer Total War 2, Walking Dead Season 3 and Trails of Cold Steel

Zer id do some multiplayer with you on Dow 2

Started up enter the gungeon again. Such an awesome game.

Splinter Cell: Conviction

I remember this game being a lot more fun the first time I played it. I'm kinda bored playing it now. The stealth and action gameplay doesn't really mesh well. I like setting/triggering traps in the game, but other than that, it feels like you're just going through the motions, and the game seems limited in it's options. There doesn't seem to be much room for experimentation. Might just be me though. The game has some gadgets to mess with, but it's so focused on having you score a melee kill, followed by "mark and execute" kills, where you can clear out half the room with one move. The game seems rather baron with objectives, and extra stuff to mess with within the levels as well. It's pretty much kill everyone in the room and get to the objective marker. There doesn't seem to be much emphasis on exploration, or interactivity with the environments, other than the highlighted traps you can shoot at. It all just seems kind of bare bones.

Anyways, those are my impressions of an old ass game I'm playing right now, because it was free with GWG this month. Hope I can get into as it goes on, but right now I'm getting a 6/10 vibe from it.

FF Tactics through an Android emulator on my PC. I never bothered with a calculator when I played it back in the day, and I wanted to see what the class was like. I went with all generic characters and was going to make a dark knight, but then I saw that my mime and arithmetician could nuke practically any enemy in a single turn and just finished the game.

I was surprised by how well the story holds up, notwithstanding the clunky dialogue.

Started up enter the gungeon again. Such an awesome game.

Haven't played since the start of 2017 i believe, i love this game, i hear there's dlc out for it will need to get it.

Realized my shit-tier laptop could play Slay the Spire so have been playing nothing but that for the last couple of weeks. I really hope they come out with a mobile version, would be such a perfect mobile game.

Haven't played since the start of 2017 i believe, i love this game, i hear there's dlc out for it will need to get it.

Is it free? Might have to check back in.

Finished Human Fall Flat. Cool but frustrsting game with the clunky controls.

Is it free? Might have to check back in.

Finished Human Fall Flat. Cool but frustrsting game with the clunky controls.
HFF was fun as fuck. They're releasing a free multiplayer mode soon. Gang Beasts is another similar but fun party game that I thought was made by the same people.

Splinter Cell: Conviction

I remember this game being a lot more fun the first time I played it. I'm kinda bored playing it now. The stealth and action gameplay doesn't really mesh well. I like setting/triggering traps in the game, but other than that, it feels like you're just going through the motions, and the game seems limited in it's options. There doesn't seem to be much room for experimentation. Might just be me though. The game has some gadgets to mess with, but it's so focused on having you score a melee kill, followed by "mark and execute" kills, where you can clear out half the room with one move. The game seems rather baron with objectives, and extra stuff to mess with within the levels as well. It's pretty much kill everyone in the room and get to the objective marker. There doesn't seem to be much emphasis on exploration, or interactivity with the environments, other than the highlighted traps you can shoot at. It all just seems kind of bare bones.

Anyways, those are my impressions of an old ass game I'm playing right now, because it was free with GWG this month. Hope I can get into as it goes on, but right now I'm getting a 6/10 vibe from it.

Same. though I LOL'd when he smacked that woman up in the beginning of the game. You won't see any game hero's doing that anytime soon.

Its like hitman. Except everything is easier including tagging, executing, melee, hiding.

Downloaded Abzu since it was free on GamePass and figured I should take advantage of the summer sale on XBox and downloaded Dishonored Death of the Outsider since it was only $20.

Just F13 the game.

Nothing out that I really want to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back