What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got the Xbox set up again and bought a new controller.

Started ME3. I can already tell deciding between Miranda and Ashley is going to interesting.

I never carry over my Miranda romance. I can't break her heart. They're both self contained and canon, imo.

I bought Star Wars Battlefront 2 on discount (3000 rubles) for roughly $30. It seems like EA are being EA, sadly.

Still playing ME3. Made Miranda cry.

I'm a monster.

Mad Max. Very generic open worlder, but the setting's fun. Good that they got an actual Aussie to voice Max.

Bouncing between fortnite, path of exile, and finally finishing the DLC for Witcher 3

Pillars of Eternity 2 and the new God of War game are on my radar for next up.

Damn AC Origins is massive. I've spent 20 hours so far playing and barely touched the main quest, plus I have about only half the map discovered. So many distractions and things to discover.

Recently started back up on the Ezio collection. Forgot how much I loved Revalations.

I'm trying to replay PS1 Armored Core 1 to see if this type of game appeals to me to warrant buying a modern version, and the in ability to use the R analog stick to look up and down and stuff is troublesome.

Finally got rocket league the other day. Started playing it with the old lady today on split screen coop. So much fun.

Picked up the EA Pass to dive into the vault and downloaded some stuff. Been playing Pillars of Eternity, way more challenging than I thought it would be.

Playing The Banner Saga and Battlefield 4 right now, going to replay all of the Dead Space games and can't wait to jump into Dying Light tomorrow.

Ive been digging into Wii U games thanks to the Cemu emulator. Been investing a lot of time into Zelda BOTW, but also playing New Super Mario Bros U, Mario Kart 8, Mario Tennis, and Mario Maker.

Completed Brothers. Was a fun, short, easy puzzler which is good because I'm retarded at any kind of puzzle game. Big feels at the end

Gonna play Agents of Mayhem now

Vanquish

Always heard about this game being great, but never bought into the hype. It looked very generic, and I think Platinum Games is a tad overrated.

That said, I was wrong about this one. It's fantastic, and a breath of fresh air in the shooter genre. Even if that breath is like 7 years old or whatever. It's everything the reviews say it is, but you really have to play it to understand how it all comes together, and separates itself from the herd. It breaks a lot of boundaries in the genre, and is one of the most balanced and varied shooter experiences I've played. The freedom is allows you to tackle any scenario, is like nothing I've played before. In most shooters, it's essentially stop and pop. You get in room, and move from cover to cover, until the room is cleared. In this game, you feel like you're not playing the game right if you're cover shooting. It encourages(and requires) you to experiment, and use all the tools at your disposal. It takes the average player out of their comfort zone, and makes them get into the action. And the best thing is, is that it's not frustrating. You're gonna be forced to stick your neck out there, but the game is so well designed, that you'll enjoy every second of it, even if you do get mowed down, because it never feels cheap.

Only complaint I've got is that there are a little too many waist high walls, in a game that's not really designed around them, and they actually get in the way more often than not. There's this cool dodge move you use all the time, where you jump away, and time slows down, but half the time you land and aim, you end up stuck behind some wall, and can't take the shot you want. There's a bit too many friendlies on the battle field as well, and they get in your way all the time too. That's about it though.

Anyways, game is great, and free for Gold members right now. Check it out if you missed out on it. It's worthy of the hype.

9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back