What are you playing now thread V-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
After nearly 3 years I've rejoined the Master Race - sort of. I had "loaned"/gave my laptop to my wife's Dad at the tail end of 2014, finally decided to take it back. It's a five year old laptop, but it still runs.

Reinstalled and am playing for the first time since probably around 1999 to 2001 Diablo 1. Man, the nostalgia.

Trying a sorcerer for the first time. I'd only ever played the game through as a Rogue before. It's really different.

The Butcher is kicking the fucking shit out of me. I remember really struggling with him during my first play through back in 1998. Not sure how to go about trying to beat him to be honest.

Currently playing FF12:The Zodiac Age on PS4 and Persona 4 Golden on Vita

Put dark souls 2 down briefly for crash nsane trilogy

god damn its harder than i remember lol

The second one is certainly easier than the first. I gave up on collecting everything in the first but blew through the second and am nearly 90 percent done

been grinding away on the NBA 2k16 myplayer career mode.

For the longest time I just didn't get the appeal and hated the controls. I get it now, and it is addictive as fuck.

I just downloaded Playgrounds on Switch last night after debating for the last month or two. How did you like it?
It's no NBA Jam, but it's pretty fun earning packs to open in hopes of scoring some players you can dominate with. Online can get pretty wild. Especially with these power ups. You could be up 20 points and your opponent gets a power up that multiplies their baskets x2 each consecutive shot within a target range. Next thing you know 3 baskets later they're on your ass and what was once a blowout is a game again.

The two players you choose to play with is crucial in coming out with a victory. You can have 2 clutch scorers, but if you have no defense your opponent can stay in the game. I like to have a guy with good blocking and dunking paired up with a quick shooter with good stealing abilities.

So far each time I nearly collect all the players they drop an update with more players and it keeps me going.

It's no NBA Jam, but it's pretty fun earning packs to open in hopes of scoring some players you can dominate with. Online can get pretty wild. Especially with these power ups. You could be up 20 points and your opponent gets a power up that multiplies their baskets x2 each consecutive shot within a target range. Next thing you know 3 baskets later they're on your ass and what was once a blowout is a game again.

The two players you choose to play with is crucial in coming out with a victory. You can have 2 clutch scorers, but if you have no defense your opponent can stay in the game. I like to have a guy with good blocking and dunking paired up with a quick shooter with good stealing abilities.

So far each time I nearly collect all the players they drop an update with more players and it keeps me going.

I can't even make a goddamn basket in this game lol

This sorely needs better tutorials or a practice mode.

EDIT: I figured out shooting. Ok this is a little better.

Last edited:
I can't even make a goddamn basket in this game lol

This sorely needs better tutorials or a practice mode.

EDIT: I figured out shooting. Ok this is a little better.

I used the shot meter for quite some time. Even if you land it dead center it sometimes bricks.

Just finished Oxenfree. Interesting "game," but very short and low on gameplay. One or those indie games like telltale or limbo where the narrative is more important.

Going to do a 2nd playthrough to finish up the achievements.

Wouldn't recommend unless you are into existentialism games.

Playing the latest Hitman, just finished the Paris mission, second time i've did it, the replay value on the missions seems great so far.

Disgaea 5 on the Switch. Crazy depth for what looks like a confused anime spoof. Addictive gameplay, grinding is done well enough to not feel like a chore.

Final Fight: Streetwise for the PlayStation 2. I gotta say it isn't even nearly as bad as people usually say it is. It is actually surprisingly fun for what it is.

Finished Jet Set Radio this morning. Controls are absolutely terrible but I wish they'd tweak them and bring the series back - I hear most of the original devs are on the Yakuza team now though.

Bought Oh, Sir for 3 bucks for shits and giggles. Was funny for about ten minutes.

Tried The Long Dark and fuck it's a chore. Gather enough twigs to light a fire that lasts nine hours...in pitch darkness. Yeah that's fun.

Finished Pneuma and Oxenfrees achievements. Full 100%. Now on to something else. Got a huge backlog and dont know where to start.

Maybe Doom, Ori or FFXV?

Finished the Mafia 3 Sign of the Times DLC, just downloaded Stones Unturned DLC and Kings Tale FF XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back