What are you playing now thread V-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been playing a lot of Phantom Pain. I haven't played an MGS game since MGS2, so I was a little rusty and it feels like I've missed a bit of plot (Still trying to figure out if I'm Solid Snake or not), but the game is pretty awesome. Roaming Afghanistan, gathering resources, troops and equipment for mother base is addictive as shit. And I usually find collectibles a bit of a chore. Could see myself playing this shit for 80 hours or more (20 hours in so far). PC Master Race here but I might have to buy a console to catch up with the series afterwards

Bought Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft on a whim last week.

Diablo 3 because I was on the verge of buying it several times back in the day but never got around to it. And now it has fallen into my price range.
World of Warcraft mostly for educational purposes. Seeing what all the commotion was about.

Diablo 3 seems kind of meh so far. Maybe I'm just not prepared to put the effort and attention into it any longer, but some of the stuff you're supposed to be able to do (crafting etc) seems too complicated. I can't be bothered.
Mostly though I don't like how the difficulty level is ridiculously low, even on quote unquote "expert". Unless it ramps up pretty soon as the plot unfolds, I'll probably quit it. No way I'm playing through the entire game just to unlock difficulty levels that should have been the baseline.

World of Warcraft- well, let's just say it met my expectations.

Probably won't put much more time into the above. Been thinking about getting back into Terraria and Starbound, if I can summon the energy to suss out just what the heck I was doing in them around the time I quit last time. Don't think I'll start over from the beginning.

Or maybe I'll check out Tyranny.

Been playing a lot of Phantom Pain. I haven't played an MGS game since MGS2, so I was a little rusty and it feels like I've missed a bit of plot (Still trying to figure out if I'm Solid Snake or not), but the game is pretty awesome. Roaming Afghanistan, gathering resources, troops and equipment for mother base is addictive as shit. And I usually find collectibles a bit of a chore. Could see myself playing this shit for 80 hours or more (20 hours in so far). PC Master Race here but I might have to buy a console to catch up with the series afterwards

It's a great game, my favorite in the series. The great thing about the series is that it's so incoherent that you don't really need to know the story. The main plot points fit together across the timeline but if you analyze them any further everything falls apart.

The 80s music collectibles are awesome, but you can also play them during the game which is cool.

Last edited:
Downloaded State of Decay - such an awesome game with so much potential. Wish it was online but the sequel comes next year so I'm looking forward to it.

Played about two hours of it tonight. I'm really digging it, I love the fact that each survivor is different. Really makes the world seem alive when you're out radioing for survivors on a night run for supplies to finish scavenging so you can move onto the next building. I just got the radio girls brother and I'm hoping the story opens up a bit more.

I really need to find a better home than the church though.

Also I've gotten back into the HL2 mod Zombie Panic:Source and forgot just how much fun it is.

Played about two hours of it tonight. I'm really digging it, I love the fact that each survivor is different. Really makes the world seem alive when you're out radioing for survivors on a night run for supplies to finish scavenging so you can move onto the next building. I just got the radio girls brother and I'm hoping the story opens up a bit more.

I really need to find a better home than the church though.

Also I've gotten back into the HL2 mod Zombie Panic:Source and forgot just how much fun it is.

Was playing with @TeTe last week and was up until like 3am so we could see what happens after 7 days. Was kinda disappointing. Sky turned red and a handful of fast zombies showed up. Hardly the horde I was expecting.

I finished Tyranny last night. Went with Voices of Nerat Story arch and I feel like i mssed some important side quests at the end. I will reload and finish those before doing a secondrun though with the Asheb arch.

Solid game through and through.
Graphics were clean and functional but nothing to write home about even in 2013. 7/10

The score was fitting 8/10

Voice acting was sparse but did its job when it was there. The low score was for the lack of it more than anything 6/

Gameplay was vastly improved from Pillars of Eternity. I enjoyed the party attacks and how NPCs would actually use their skills intelligently so micromanaging combat was not a hassle and didn't interrupt combat. It still required me to pay attention to placement using big attacks at the right time. 9/10

The story was well done. The Voices of Narat and his Red Chorus were chaotic retard levels of evil and came off as childish instead of menacing. Ashe was proud and hard from what i got from him in this play through. Seems like a much better character in design and execution which will be confirmed or denied in the second play through. Tunon was a great lawful neutral character his justice was unwaivering and harsh based on his master's law. The court assassin seemed like a great character that never got to be explored. The end game felt slightly rushed and wrapped up quickly but was satisfying. Story was a 8/10 because of the Voices execution and rushed end game.

Just got the platinum in Horizon Zero Dawn, i loved it. Grade A sci-fi material. Unraveling the story was fascinating. the visuals and combat were awesome too.

Also started playing Killing Floor 2, it's a lot of fun.

Just started Until Dawn as well.

FF12: The Zodiac Age

Bit different playing it with the job system, interested to see how it all works out

Overwatch and Rocket league. Really missing BF4. I couldn't get into BF1... just partial to the modern stuff.

With Rocket League, i'm at a turning point. Everyone i get matched with now are all jugglers, and i can only half ass it. i either have to get better or stick with bad teams in quick play.

still waiting for some URF LoL to come back too. i just don't sleep on those weekends.

Pillars of Eternity - but I might stop. I was about 30 hours into a game then I got bombed last Wednesday at the bar and when I got to my house a little after midnight I continued to drink and played PoE until about 8:00am. I got 7 hours deeper into the story line but when I tried playing it yesterday I just couldnt remember distinctly all that happened so its a tad frustrating as it feels like ive completely skipped a big portion of the story line (which is really the only reason I play as I have it on the easiest setting just so I can explore and go through the story while thumbing my nose at combat) so im not sure I want to continue.

My fault for sure. I have Underrail, and a few other Isometric story mode games - but the character builds in those game are too specific in order to survive and im a casual/dumb gamer when it comes to that so not sure what else to play.

I'll probably continue Subnautica since an update game out about a month ago.

Just finished Game of Thrones Season 1. Hope season 2 comes soon I dig the Forresters and I want to see the Whitehills get rekt.

Been grinding thr shit out of Magic Origins Duels. Got the Origins set finally done. Now working on Kaladesh, Aether Revolt and Oath of the Gatewatch.

On and off with GTA V and Forza Horizon 3.

Going to start Oxenfree next. Probably tomorrow.

Finished State of Decay - what an awesome game. The DLC is kinda meh so I'm moving on for now. Working on the Zelda DLC and just got Serial Cleaner this morning - looks fun.

picked up nba playgrounds. it's no nba jam, but it's pretty fun to go through the challenges and play friends or online. nice assortment of players modern and old too.

Just finished Dead Island, with 50 percent of the achievements. Most of the rest are arena and co-op cheevos and I can't be fucked to get those.

Just started Mafia III and Game of Thrones.

Started Dark Souls 2. Made a character called Monkey Harris, an old Cockney woman who runs around telling the giant knights they're going to get their fuckin heads kicked in. I don't know why, but I drink a lot so there's that.

Reluctantly slugging my way through Dragon Age: Inquisition's story mode in between brutal work shifts...this game doesn't exactly work for adults with limited free time.

Fucking twelve year hikes to every location, half of the objectives worth exploring are at the top of some cliff with no obvious route. To add insult to injury, every location your character arrives at is greeted by your "advance scouts" who have clearly done fuck-all scouting, seeing as your map is never filled in

Enemies are damage sponges in later areas, requiring 20 minutes, 70 spells and 30 heavy attacks to bring down which is adorable. If I light an archer on fire, hit him with a two handed sledgehammer, stab him in the back with twin enchanted daggers, freeze him, electrocute him, siphon his soul, shoot him with an exploding arrow and he's not even half dead, I'm calling bullshit on your entire fantasy world realism

Gone are the clever dialogues of DA: Origins, replaced with replies that range from making your character sound like an uptight square to a naive square that hasn't heard of any subject in the "investigate" dialogue tree, to a squariest square should you attempt humor dialogue options and wind up sounding like you were raised in the woods by a wild pack of Dad Jokes

The skill trees are also the lamest bullshit ever. I didn't grind my ass off in some nightmare difficulty dungeon to be rewarded with a 10% damage increase against enemies that happened to fall down. Unless I'm fighting on casual, none of those perks will affect my Veteran Demon Overlord Version 9.0 enemies whatsoever

Last edited:
Reluctantly slugging my way through Dragon Age: Inquisition's story mode in between brutal work shifts...this game doesn't exactly work for adults with limited free time.

Fucking twelve year hikes to every location, half of the objectives worth exploring are at the top of some cliff with no obvious route. To add insult to injury, every location your character arrives at is greeted by your "advance scouts" who have clearly done fuck-all scouting, seeing as your map is never filled in

Enemies are damage sponges in later areas, requiring 20 minutes, 70 spells and 30 heavy attacks to bring down which is adorable. If I light an archer on fire, hit him with a two handed sledgehammer, stab him in the back with twin enchanted daggers, freeze him, electrocute him, siphon his soul, shoot him with an exploding arrow and he's not even half dead, I'm calling bullshit on your entire fantasy world realism

Gone are the clever dialogues of DA: Origins, replaced with replies that range from making your character sound like an uptight square to a naive square that hasn't heard of any subject in the "investigate" dialogue tree, to a squariest square should you attempt humor dialogue options and wind up sounding like you were raised in the woods by a wild pack of Dad Jokes

The skill trees are also the lamest bullshit ever. I didn't grind my ass off in some nightmare difficulty dungeon to be rewarded with a 10% damage increase against enemies that happened to fall down. Unless I'm fighting on casual, none of those perks will affect my Veteran Demon Overlord Version 9.0 enemies whatsoever

Wild pack of Dad Jokes. I chuckled <Lmaoo>

I downloaded the version with all the DLC. By the time I finished the main game, I was over it. I couldn't even bring myself to start the DLC. That game was frustrating.

Just finished Dead Island, with 50 percent of the achievements. Most of the rest are arena and co-op cheevos and I can't be fucked to get those.

Just started Mafia III and Game of Thrones.

Man Game of Thrones is rough. The end slayed me. Not as bad as TWD Season 1 but I was pretty PO'ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back