what are the odds of prime Liddell beating jones?

Not on the ground, since he wouldn't keep Liddell down. Chucks chin at his best unbreakable. Jones wins on points?
The idea that Jones couldn't keep Liddell down is laughable,
Jones is at his best in the open mat with his takedowns, Liddell is at his best against the cage - which he wouldn't be
Jones is also way bigger than he is. He'd take Liddell down and beat his face in - or stand up and kick his face in
one or the other
or both
or tap him
literally whatever he wants, MMA is a fast evolving sport there's barely any comparison between this era and the era Chuck fought in. Cormier, Gus and Rumble would all beat Chuck like he stole something too

2005-2006 Chuck knocks him out cold.
I loved Chuck back in the day but he was too one dimensional to deal with JJ. He would never get pasted the kicks and would probably get caught by an elbow just like Machita.

i would give Liddell a slight puncher chance because jones is much more skilled than Liddell even on feet and Liddell game is too obvious for jones

Liddell's chances? Less then Machida, Shogun, Jackson, and Belfort, who he in his prime was LESS of a fighter....AND WAY LESS then Gus, or Cormier.

I think if we gave prime Chuck Liddell a modern MMA upbringing like Jones had, Chuck could very well be one of the greatest of all time. "Prime" Chuck could never be as good as the current MMA fighters because the sport has evolved so much.

But if you were to somehow give Chuck the same modern MMA development that Jones has had, and they both fought in their prime, I think Chuck would knock him out. Chuck had a ~79 inch reach, which isn't quite as long as Jones' 84 inch reach, but it's still very long. Chuck was also the original eye poker.

I think Jones would struggle against a guy like Chuck who would be very difficult to take down, has a similar reach, big KO power, and can eye poke Jones back.

Liddell literally has a 0% chance.

Counter-question: how does Jones beat the best Liddell? I can't we him holding Chuck down or knocking him out.

Jones standing choked Lyoto and keylocked Vitor, two legit black belts. If he can do that he can deal with Chuck in a variety of ways. Likely it woud look like the Glover fight with Bones beating Chuck 50-45.

The idea that Jones couldn't keep Liddell down is laughable,
Jones is at his best in the open mat with his takedowns, Liddell is at his best against the cage - which he wouldn't be
Jones is also way bigger than he is. He'd take Liddell down and beat his face in - or stand up and kick his face in
one or the other
or both
or tap him
literally whatever he wants, MMA is a fast evolving sport there's barely any comparison between this era and the era Chuck fought in. Cormier, Gus and Rumble would all beat Chuck like he stole something too

Pretty much, yes. Bones ends guys that find themselves on the mat.

i would give Liddell a slight puncher chance because jones is much more skilled than Liddell even on feet and Liddell game is too obvious for jones

I give him zero chance...not a chance in hell....Lidell couldn't even beat rampage...getting stopped both times...Lidel is vastly over rated, beating mostly last generations of fighters....couture and ortiz would both get murdered by today's fighters.

Zero. Jones chin cardio kicking size just everything too good. I don't even give him a punchers chance just like I don't give Conor a punchers chance with Nate. Jon's too tough. Huge Liddell fan too.

You had me till the conor part....conor has already proved he can whip nate's ass...

Chuck's not very good against black folk. See Rashad and rampage plz.

Not great. He wouldn’t get embarrassed but I don’t think he wins

Approximately zero % chance.

Back