What are the hand to hand fighting skills of a navy seal?

A former navy seal has been giving me shit lately and I have been tempted to punch him. Can I expect a serious ass whooping or are they just skilled with guns

You'll probably get your ass beat if you need to ask.

I have fought a few military guys(marines,air force). I am fairly comparable to OP's AV, and didn't get my ass beat despite having the size disadvantage, and hardly any training experience.
So the fact I didn't get my ass beat, I am not all that impressed with military guys fighting skills in general, obviously skills will vary great from person to person and my limited experience isn't indicative of others in the military.

I will say Marines got Zero quit in them tho, airforce not so much, again just my limited experience

The military isn't an MMA organization. They generally teach you enough fighting and grappling to make it through a close engagement and kill the enemy or get you through it until your team can support you. It's a lot different training someone to kill and fight with full kit and rifle than training to fist fight with rules.

So it's not that impressive to beat a grunt/operator in a fist fight because they aren't trained for that. They're trained to shove a bayonet into your chest instead.

Quite different dontchathink? It's the difference between peacocking (pretending to be tough) and being a killer. It's something you can't understand until you see real combat.

On another note, I've fought next to one of the teams as a supporting element in Ramadi. I watched them fuck up and I watched them hide behind cover in a firefight when they could have been more aggressive. SEALs have a lot of skills in the water, but their primary mission isn't a straight up fight.

You know before running into Mark Kerr Ranger Stott had probably touched a few cats with that stomping jab.

Ranger Stott was never my friend.
Ass hole.

Too many variables to give a definitive answer. Special Ops units do train more hand to hand combat than regular infantry. But it will always be the last option. For every hour a Seal trains unarmed combat, he'll spend fifty hours on the range. Seals aren't fighters. They are killers. There's a major difference.

Id bet the Seal against the average guy who maybe trains a couple of times a week and thinks he can Bang. A Seal would get curb stomped by a Pro Fighter.

Lots of jabs and counter hooks. Your best bet would be to clinch up and maybe throw some knees

Navy Seals do SAFTA. I hope you like your eyeballs mate. You don't stand a chance. It got banned from the early UFCs because it's techniques were so deadly.

john-hess-o.gif

Write him a strongly worded letter.

And if that doesn't work shit in his letterbox.

go get a dbl, non-fat, soy vente latte at Starbucks and imagine you have balls.
But your latte, pretend your texting while walking, run into him smashing your latte all over his balls. Apologize profusely.

If you are really going to fight a navy seal, doesn’t matter if the dude has “fighting skills”. Those dudes are mentally on a whole other level. They don’t know quit. They will die before they quit. Most SF guys are sociopaths or close to being sociopaths. Not saying they have no emotion but they don’t really give a fuck about you.

Then why do they prefer to be taken captive instead of die? lol. They’re not muslims. Those people will die, they don’t care because they believe in their religion so much. Americans, Canadians, Brits, etc, we fear death a hell of a lot more than they do. That’s why they still haven’t given up their country and keep fighting back, blowing themselves up n shit.

I'm guessing you're young if you're still letting some attention whore douchebag get under your skin.

Is there another option, like, say... Avoiding him?

If you don't train in a combat sport you're undoubtedly getting your ass kicked.

If you're trained well enough that you can kick his ass then you shouldn't be fighting anyone unless it's self-defense or in a competition.

This post is too mature for this thread, sub forum and sherdog overall. Reported.
<Deported1>

Tell him Chris Kyle was a goddamn liar and while he didn't have PTSD, it killed him all the same.

I train with some special forces guys and one on one they're nothing special at best or incompetent at worst. They don't train to fight hand to hand really. But they are in great shape.
Aren't the Israeli Special Forces really good at hand to hand combat or am I just imagining things?

a navy seal will probably be able to take a punch and be strong AF.

you would have to be a technical striker or grappler if you didn't have a size advantage to win.

most military guys have some sort of combat sports background though.

my muay thai gym had 4 marines,a few army and navy guys.

I also boxed with navy guys.

my boxing gym had a greco roman guy who was in the army and I also had wrestlers who are marines in my MT gym.

Last edited:
A former navy seal has been giving me shit lately and I have been tempted to punch him. Can I expect a serious ass whooping or are they just skilled with guns

Establish your dominance by pissing on him.

Pretty sure TS is dead.

May his autism RIP.

Too many variables to give a definitive answer. Special Ops units do train more hand to hand combat than regular infantry. But it will always be the last option. For every hour a Seal trains unarmed combat, he'll spend fifty hours on the range. Seals aren't fighters. They are killers. There's a major difference.

Id bet the Seal against the average guy who maybe trains a couple of times a week and thinks he can Bang. A Seal would get curb stomped by a Pro Fighter.
Amateur mma fighter with 2 or 3 wins>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any military soldier

Marine/SEAL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>average guy with no training. A SEAL will be able to use his cardio alone to absolutely throttle the average dude, unless you are skilled/lucky enough to land right on the button right off the bat

Huuuuullo.

The TS is not an average guy. He is an average sherdogger.

You guys are not factoring that in.

ELVR8RN.gif

Back