What are the factors that makes male MMA superior to female MMA?

Human biology. Men are vastly to superior to women when it comes to performing athletics tasks, even in pure skill based ones like snooker or darts. So even ignoring size, strength, speed and power, men are still way ahead when it comes to things like spacial awareness, depth perception, distance control, mental rotation, problem solving, pattern spotting, abstract anticipation and so on. This is why men are also much better at things like poker, chess and video games.

If you look at any sport on the planet, even ones like athletics, tennis and soccer, that are much more developed, operate at a much higher level and have much deeper talent pools than WMMA, the very best, elite women in the World cannot even compete with 13 and 14 year-old school boys.

This why women's sports, not just WMMA, are nowhere near as popular. But sherdogs resident WMMA white knights/shills seem to have a hard time understanding this very basic fact.

Last edited:
I enjoy good fights no matter the gender. The level of skill in WMMA is however very low, but it can primarily be explained by a lot less women training MMA seriously compared to men. We see the same distribution in men's MMA - weight classes where you have most of the population is of course also where you will find the most talent (FlW and HW are extremes, that's why the divisions are so thin).

MMA is a man's sport, women can go do what they enjoy doing. Such as taking selfies, buying cloths they wear once and taking Instagram pictures of their food whilst leaching off their partners.
Not surprised when I see this retarded rant and the associated profile pic, gamers is a group with a lot of bigots.

There seems to be a lot of hatred for women's MMA on my beloved Sherdog and I must admit this is fairly warranted. Something instinctually within me prefers watching the male MMA athletes perform compared to the females, but I need your help Sherdogger's to understand why this is? Is it because the female scene hasn't fully developed yet? Is it because the women's weight-classes are lighter in weight and whether male or female, lighter weight-classes suck? Is because of there biological make-up? Is there something instinctually in me that doesn't like to see women get beat up? Is it because of the difference between male and female psychology and maybe endocrine factors in relation to their desire to fight?

Could be many of those factors for you. I get psyched up for & enjoy some men's fights & some women's fights. Others put me to sleep, lol. Generally I view it as skills versus skills for those particular opponents. I respect most anyone who steps in to fight unless they're a blatant jerk or bully. Fascinated with the ebbs & flows, wild comebacks, how they handle adversity & success.

because woman just can't...
c8bb9e10a96dff6928c3f358860bd5e6.gif

What if what they enjoy doing is fighting?

That's fine they can have own UFC events. Actually no point arguing WME-UFC has been dissapointing. I thimk it is time for me to go back to watching real sports.

Women's hockey, soccer, basketball, etc. sucks in terms of skill compared to men. Fighting is no different.

People like women's volleyball, golf, and tennis cuz those sports suck anyway. And still the women are clearly inferior.

Edit: Correction, this is why some people watch women's volleyball
KvK6J7i.jpg

Last edited:

Luckly someone doesn't tend to pee themselves in the UFC as typically happens in these youtube fights. <45>

Again though the big factor is talent base, your probably talking 10-20 times greater(or more) for the mens sport than womens MMA. Men do have physical advantages but where the talent base is strong in womens sports they tend to be as watchable or moreso than mens.

Womens tennis for example was I think more watchable than the mens game during the 90's.

I don't watch the Wnba so why would I want to watch Wmma?

I don't mind watching baseball, but I'm not gonna watch softball.

Here's how it breaks down for me:

Football - Men's
Basketball - Men's
Baseball - Men's
Hockey - Neither
Soccer - Neither
Tennis - Neither
Golf - Neither
Track & Field - Little of both
Swimming - Little of both
Gymnastics - Women
Diving - Women
Figure Skating - Women

From that you can draw your own conclusions (I guess I like women in swimsuits or equivalent?)

It's not just you. The popular women's sports tend to be the sports which focus more on grace and beauty - gymnastics, figure skating, etc. - than competitive displays of speed and/or strength.

I love some of the“equalitarianism” rolling around on some of these posts.
I bet some of then are all for body positivity and all this “cool” stuff.

Lets make it simple?

It’s genetics!

Remember some months the case of a trans girl who was wrestling on huge amounts of male hormones(because she FEELS she is a man)beating the hell of the other girls and becoming undefeated champion at collegiate level?

Remember that the athletic association denied her/him/ze/they to actually compete as she/he/ze/it/they THOUGHT she fell because competing with real boys would be dangerous for her?

That’s whats happen.

“Yeahh but i know a girl who can beat guys at the gym”

Yes its all about talent and dedication relative with who this girl competes with and off course theres is a few “aberrations” where the girl have so much inborn talent that genetics doesn’t matter.

Those are a few and between.

People usually have problems with WMMA because women fight like women.

Factors that make men's MMA superior to WMMA?

1) Deeper talent pool - more men like to fight, and more men choose to fight, than do women.

2) More athleticism - Men are generally better at the various speed and strength tasks needed to compete in MMA. Women are generally only superior to men in flexibility.

3) Men like to watch other men (but not women) fight - Other than Ronda Rousey, it's hard to make a case that any woman in MMA has been popular enough to sustain the sport.

All three factors come down to biology.

It's physical competition, same as men. The Holly and Rose wins are right up there with the mens for most exciting fights ever imo.

The human skeleton. The female skeleton is different and the way its built is not made for fighting, thats why all women are so uncoordinated and stiff in the striking, there are very rare odd exceptions like anything in life, but 98% are very uncoordinated and stiff.

Gymnastics - Women
From that you can draw your own conclusions (I guess I like women in swimsuits or equivalent?)
chris-hansen.jpg

Just kidding but no male gymnastics?

<{fry}>

There seems to be a lot of hatred for women's MMA on my beloved Sherdog and I must admit this is fairly warranted. Something instinctually within me prefers watching the male MMA athletes perform compared to the females, but I need your help Sherdogger's to understand why this is? Is it because the female scene hasn't fully developed yet? Is it because the women's weight-classes are lighter in weight and whether male or female, lighter weight-classes suck? Is because of there biological make-up? Is there something instinctually in me that doesn't like to see women get beat up? Is it because of the difference between male and female psychology and maybe endocrine factors in relation to their desire to fight?

Males are physically superior. It's not a knock, it's just fact. The most athletic females are always going to be one step behind a top guy, and the disparity between the average female and male is probably even worse.

To add to that, going into athletics is niche, but even more so for women. There just isn't a large sample size, and then you combine that with MMA being niche, even more so for women as well and it's not the cream of the crop at all.

If we had a-level women's athletes from the WNBA or bad girls club, it would at least become decent.

Talent pool is just far smaller. The amount of males/females that participate in any form of athletics is skewed. Then the number of females that train in martial arts or wrestling when young is significantly smaller. There have only been a few women who became A level fighters compared to maybe a 100 guys.

Fujii was legit, sucked the rise of WMMA didn't line up with her prime.

Back