What are the chances of another super 6 tournament

the real problem with the super six was the fact that the ORGs were involved

people started to realise they didnt want to lose rankings or belts, and started dropping like flies

it still got a lot of good fights made though that probably would never have happened

i also agree...round robin fighting is for wrestling, not for boxing

i would like to see a grand plan for the top 8 HWs in the world to agree to fight in a tournament, but it just wont happen with the amount of money flying about for fights like Haye v Bellew, which isnt even a top fight yet 2 of the belt holders are now trying to secure the winner as he is a 'draw' in the UK

Rumors are it's in the works a super 6 type of format , not sure what wieghclass
FW

Frampton/LSC/Cuellar/Mares/GRJ/Selby

I guess this means Mares, LSC, GRJ and Selby are left

FW

Frampton/LSC/Cuellar/Mares/GRJ/Selby

I guess this means Mares, LSC, GRJ and Selby are left
Would be real good ! I still believe it can be done ! Didn't Oscar Hopkins Trinidad joopy participate in a super six type of tournament that was successful

Would be real good ! I still believe it can be done ! Didn't Oscar Hopkins Trinidad joopy participate in a super six type of tournament that was successful
are you talking about the 2001 tourney? It was single elimination and oscar wasnt it in. It was Keith Holmes instead

only haymon could pull this off but not even he has enough belts

It seems to already be in the making since Cuellar/Mares and LSC/Frampton I and II already happened.

Even the first tourney was full of injuries and delays and dropouts and replacement fighters.

People tend to look back on it and only remember the fun fights and how Ward was a big underdog that pulled off some nice upsets but at the time it was often incredibly frustrating waiting for the whole thing to play out.
Yeah didnt it take almost two years to finish for those reasons? All those guys lastntime were in perfect situations to be abme.to put the rest ofntheir career on hold for that toirnament because you had European/UK boxers that had no shine, a guy trying to resurface on the scene in Taylor and a virtually unknown in Ward. They all needed the Super 6 as much as it needed them. Cant see 6 guys today in 2017-2018 willing to put aside their belts and committ to a 2 yr tournament that results in nothing but bragging rights in any weight class. Like a poster said, hard enough to get two top guys to fight each other.
Short answer, probably Zero chance.

Back