What are the best PPV numbers the ufc can get without conor?

yoni22

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I say
GSP VS Habib about 1.7 mil
Brock vs jones about 1.5 mil
Brock vs DC for HW title about 1.2 mil
Dc vs jones for HW title about 1 mil
Habib vs tony about 900,000

Lucky to get a Mil without Conor or Brock

Agree, except on the last one. Khabib vs toney max 0.5 mil.

If Brock wins one and Jones beats Gus again, Brock vs. Jones will HUGE! Probably the biggest PPV in history.

Over estimating Khabib there, Khabib GSP might just crack 1 mill. GSP Bisping only did 850K, is Khabeeb that much of a bigger draw than Bisping? Also there was more initial interest in GSP after his long waited return than their will in any subsequent fights.
Any Brock fight should do 1 - 1.5m
Khabib vs tony 700K

If Brock wins one and Jones beats Gus again, Brock vs. Jones will HUGE! Probably the biggest PPV in history.

I doubt that. Would be lucky to break 1.5 million.

Im not sold on Khabib being a draw yet, much like Holly became more famous after RRR but it did not equate to PPV success. Khabib is not good at hyping fights and pulled only 300k when he headlined on a card that had massive visibility owing to the riot. I think Khabib vs GSP does maybe a milly but vs Tony we are talking 500k or so, basically 2 Milly less than Conor Khabib. Bad blood sells and Conor is the most googled athlete on the planet, totally different realm than GSP or anyone else in MMA.

I say
GSP VS Habib about 1.7 mil
Brock vs jones about 1.5 mil
Brock vs DC for HW title about 1.2 mil
Dc vs jones for HW title about 1 mil
Habib vs tony about 900,000

{<jordan}

Bitter losers hating Conor may double Sherdog traffic, but it's not doubling Khabib's ppv draw.

GSP is the biggest draw with Jones 2nd out of MMA stars. Brock brings his Pro Wrasslin' fans with him. By draw I mean on their own regardless of who they fight. A good rivalry with a person who has followers will always sell. The Queen of England vs The Pope would sell the most of all. Remember being an MMA fighter matters only when its a sport and the rest of time being famous is more important. See Paul Logan, Kimbo etc.

I don't think Khabid does remotely close to 1 million PPV unless is against Conor again

Brock vs. Jones breaks 2 mil with a solid co-main. Khabib vs. GSP and Brock vs. Jones would hit $2.5 mil or more.

I would argue that a Ronda Rousey return vs. Cyborg as co-main to one of the above could break 2 mil.

Point is, haters or not, Conor elevated the game and people who don't respect that/see that are morons.

If the card has Lesnar, GSP, or a Diaz max is 1.2 million
Without any of these max is 500 k, average of 200-300 k

Stats dive, median values:
Lesnar 1 mil
GSP 785k
Nick Diaz 525k
Jones 450k
Nate and Khabib are up to specualtion.

The rest do around 300k which is overall UFC PPV median and can hope for good matchups.

Back