What are the best fights in ONE history?

Mob69

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I was curious what people judge to be the best fights in the seven year history of ONE FC/ONE Championship. I'm not a regular viewer of their events, but try to keep abreast of what is going on.

The most exciting ONE fight I've watched was probably the first fight between Angela Lee and Mei Yamaguchi.

Kotetsu Boku has had good fights, specifically his fights with Zoro and Colossa.

Koji Oishi quick time as champ was fun, His 2 fights with Honario Bonario were awesome KOs.
I wish Koji did not retire shortly after, it was fun seeing him so long after the Nick Diaz loss in UFC lol.

This is the fight that got me to take notice of the promotion

it looked to me like Svirid got his arm dislocated in the sub

Was Roger Huerta soccer kick KTFO'd in ONE FC?

Vuyisile Colossa vs. Lowen Tynanes

It's a shame One's practically killed both guys careers.

This is the fight that got me to take notice of the promotion

it looked to me like Svirid got his arm dislocated in the sub

That was an awesome fight!!

IMO, the 2 best fights (at least finishes) are:

Zoro vs Huerta

Timofey vs Folayang

Reece Mclaren pretty much always delivers. The soccer kick he survived against Striegl was insane.

Kelly vs Lisita
Belingon vs Leone
Svirid vs Bigdash
Mclaren vs Striegl
Folayang vs Aoki

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Hasegawa vs. Aung La. As great as the V.V-Lee and Kelly-Lisita and Bigdash-Svirid fights were, that was probably the only legitimate Fight of the Year contender they've ever had. Even V.V-Lee had to get the quantifier "women's-" to qualify as a Fight of the Year contender. You'd be hard-pressed to find 3 better fights than Hasegawa-Aung La in the first 6 months of the year, and that's a great sign for a legitimate FOTY.

What an odd comparison.

You haven't watched enough Lowen fights. He is literally a lightweight Fitch-- he's even slightly faster and slightly weaker just to adjust for that difference.
Even Fitch finished more fights than he decisioned early in his career.

Last edited:
You haven't watched enough Lowen fights. He is literally a lightweight Fitch-- he's even slightly faster and slightly weaker just to adjust for that difference.
Even Fitch finished more fights than he decisioned early in his career.

I disagree but regardless, it was still a good fight.

I see Angela Lee vs Mei Yamaguchi hasn't been mentioned.

Other than that, there are a few guys that always deliver. Reece McLaren, Ev Ting, Kevin Belingon, Edward Folayang...

Folayang's fights vs Ev Ting and Martin Nguyen were awesome .

Folayang-Laursen was also a very good fight. It was their best fight before Kelly-Lisita and Bigdash-Svirid happened, and I can't think of an Eduard Folayang fight that was more exciting than it (or another lightweight fight in ONE).
And Doliguez-Dejdamrong was probably their most entertaining strawweight fight ever. Doliguez has been kind of written-off by a lot of people, but he was 6-1 in MMA heading into the fight and had avenged the loss, and was a top-10 strawweight at the time, and it had lotsa flying shit and wild hooks, and competitive grappling exchanges.
Jadambaa-Gafurov I was a great fight, too. People expected Jadambaa to get stormed through in a round and he instead fought tooth-and-nail and rocked Gafurov in the third.
Kadestam-Thani just the other month was the best welterweight fight they've had so far. It was a very competitive and high-level kickboxing match with lots of activity by both fighters (which nobody expected from Thani), and it had a great finish at the end.
Saadulaev-Okazaki was also a great fight that a lot of people have forgotten about. It would've been the best fight of the night by far at that event had it not been eclipsed by Kelly-Lisita. There aren't too many (if any, aside from maybe Belingon-Ueda) bantamweight fights in ONE that were better than it.

I disagree but regardless, it was still a good fight.

Watch Tynanes' fights with Yakhyaev, Kamitov and Ando and then try to disagree. It seems like he has more of a fanbase based on his record than on the actual entertainment value of his fights.

Other than the mentioned, I remember when McSweeney soccer kicked Kaminishi to death

Back