What are Stone Temple Pilots doing?

DiegoLunes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I thought they were supposed to have a new lead singer by now? I haven't even seen much online as to what they are up to.

I don't unterstand why they are trying to start new there was only one singer that made them them and he liked his dope more. It's one thing having Chester come in after firing Scott as a fuck you Scott it's another to pull a fucking Journey and recruit someone online. Oh well hopefully they have some luck with this it's gonna be pretty hard to top a prime Weiland.

I haven't seen anything official saying they chose a replacement. Kind of weird that they got some guy from the Philippines.

I don't unterstand why they are trying to start new there was only one singer that made them them and he liked his dope more. It's one thing having Chester come in after firing Scott as a fuck you Scott it's another to pull a fucking Journey and recruit someone online. Oh well hopefully they have some luck with this it's gonna be pretty hard to top a prime Weiland.

So glad that Chester thing ended - that was horrible. It just didn't work at all.

To me it seems like the surviving members of STP are afraid to let STP die and start over.

To me it seems like the surviving members of STP are afraid to let STP die and start over.

There isn't a market for a new rock band composed of guy in their mid-40's. No record label would risk giving a deal to a band with that description. They're better off being STP with a new singer, I just don't think the Filipino guy has the pizzaz despite having the talent.

There isn't a market for a new rock band composed of guy in their mid-40's. No record label would risk giving a deal to a band with that description. They're better off being STP with a new singer, I just don't think the Filipino guy has the pizzaz despite having the talent.
They are in their 50's. Weiland was the youngest and he was 48 at the time of his death.

Whoever they recruit they won't be Weiland. His voice was a staple of that band IMO. RIP

I could see Adam Lambert taking over duties.

They were all waiting for Scott to die so they could find another singer and tour. Now that he is dead, I have to imagine they're touring.

Waiting for the Zombie Apocalypse and Scott to return.

They were all waiting for Scott to die so they could find another singer and tour. Now that he is dead, I have to imagine they're touring.
They didn't need him any more to tour using the name. They had a settlement where Weiland got paid a ton of money and they got to tour under that name with another lead singer.

I don' like it when bands replace the lead singer

I get it.. But cmon make new music with this new dude.

Scott Weiland was STP. Without him, they will just be any other band.

Scott casts a huge shadow but based on how good STP and Velvet Revolver were and how bad his solo work is, I suspect he is only as good as the guys he makes music with.

Back