What are some of the most memorable one-sided beatdowns of a champion/betting favorite in MMA?

one-sided beatdowns of a champion/betting favorite in MMA

Nunes vs Rousey and nothing even comes close to it

I wouldn't call it a straight beat down, but Diaz vs GSP was maybe the most laughably one sided 5 rounder I've ever seen in a title bout. Nick probably had about a total of 30 seconds of success in 5 rounds. And more than half of the fight was on the feet too.

What were the odds in that fight?

Silva Franklin.

I don't know how this wasn't mentioned by the second post. Not sure how Holly/Ronda has only been mentioned once, either. I'll add in a throw back; Dave Menne getting trounced by Murilo Bustamante.

That was not a one sided beat down though was it? He knocked him out but that wasn’t a beat down, unless every ko finish is a beat down

It was a beat down if you consider that Bisping was a huge underdog, had already gotten wiped out by Rockhold, took the fight on short notice and has never been known for KO power....

What were the odds in that fight?
I can't remember for sure. I think GSP was an easy -350 or -400 going in. Possibly even more. Nobody in their right mind would have touched Diaz with a 10 ft. pole. That fight was so predictable haha

I can't remember for sure. I think GSP was an easy -350 or -400 going in. Possibly even more. Nobody in their right mind would have touched Diaz with a 10 ft. pole. That fight was so predictable haha

Yes exactly, so read the thread topic next time you fool!!

<DisgustingHHH>

hendricks GSP? lol...

We get to see historically how juiced hendricks really was for that fight and why GSP fought so hard to get Hendricks to take additional testing (which he avoided).

Hendricks is literally a posterboy for post USADA career crash....
I rewatched that fight the other night. Hendricks definitely had him rocked in the 2nd and probably should have got the nod from the judges that night, but that was far from what I would call a one sided beat down. It was actually a pretty good and close fight. Based on the current MMA scoring system, it could have gone either way depending on how you view the first round.

I wouldn't call it a straight beat down, but Diaz vs GSP was maybe the most laughably one sided 5 rounder I've ever seen in a title bout. Nick probably had about a total of 30 seconds of success in 5 rounds. And more than half of the fight was on the feet too.

I’ve never seen nick look that unscathed after a fight. He usually bleeds walking into the ring.
Gsp actually was the only one who got hurt in the fight.
Was a positional dominance but far from a beat down.

I’ve never seen nick look that unscathed after a fight. He usually bleeds walking into the ring.
Gsp actually was the only one who got hurt in the fight.
Was a positional dominance but far from a beat down.

Unfortunately GSP fans just can't control themselves... he certainly won fights, but it wasn't exciting, and he rarely actually put a beat down on anybody. His last couple fights he ended up in much worse condition than his opponents... that press conference after the Hendricks fight was embarrassing for MMA. All things considered GSP got the shit beat out of him in that fight but he was somehow able to win because he could "control the octagon" better.

2nhnmzt.jpg

I lulzed at the splicing in of the wife!!

Jones was the favorite vs Shogun. Apparently Vegas had insider info on his dick pill situation

Back