What are Sherdoggers' thoughts on Josh Thomson?

Very underrated. Lost a controversial decision to Benson for the LW title. Getting to a LW title fight is an impressive feat on its own much less losing a razor close decision. Very good fighter that's produced some classics.

At his best, he could beat anyone In the world on any given day. He's a few years past his peak though.

Got robbed against Benson who'd just lost the title.

Lol I'll never forget when he was fighting in Bellator around the time Nate vs Conor 2 was happening and bellator was advertising him as "THE ONLY MAN TO KNOCK OUT NATE DIAZ!!!!"
Bahaha that's hilarious.

Forgot to mention he was on the show blind date

Very underrated. Lost a controversial decision to Benson for the LW title. Getting to a LW title fight is an impressive feat on its own much less losing a razor close decision. Very good fighter that's produced some classics.

Gilbert lost a controversial decision to Bendo for the title. JT lost a controversial decision to Bendo after Pettis won the strap.

Bendo the king of controversial decisions.

Look at his smirk before yet another controversial decision
“Hey Frankie, listen to this...”
1.gif

Josh was the man. Still is I guess. He was a top tier LW for a very long time. His fights with Melendez were great. It sucks, he had that amazing win over Nate and was supposed to get a title shot until Pettis pulled out. Then he went on a tough skid losing two controversial decisions to Benson and Green before getting mauled by Ferguson. I honestly haven't seen any of his fights since then. Long live the Punk.

Gilbert lost a controversial decision to Bendo for the title. JT lost a controversial decision to Bendo after Pettis won the strap.

Bendo the king of controversial decisions.

Look at his smirk before yet another controversial decision
“Hey Frankie, listen to this...”
1.gif

I stand corrected.

He couldn't be happier

Seemed to have all the tools to make it to the top of the sport - BJJ black belt, solid wrestling pedigree, creative striker, but unfortunately never made a real run. He did solid in Strikeforce, then had a great win over Nate Diaz, lost a close decision to Benson Henderson, then another to Bobby Green who is a much lower tier fighter, then got obliterated by Ferguson before heading to Bellator with mixed success. It's probably too late at this point for him to accomplish much more. Thoughts??? Never see him mentioned really.
He beat Benson in my eyes. Extremely tough and skilled but hit his prime too late in his career.

He is elite. Still top 5 in my opinion. Bummer he got finished by pittbull. He got fucking ROCKED by a headbut and then finished with an uppercut. Shame.

Lol I'll never forget when he was fighting in Bellator around the time Nate vs Conor 2 was happening and bellator was advertising him as "THE ONLY MAN TO KNOCK OUT NATE DIAZ!!!!"

Haha I know right!
Imagine fight promoters trying to promote... crazy
<{katwhu}>

Awesome fighter.

Back