What are Sherdoggers' thoughts on Josh Thomson?

brockos

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Seemed to have all the tools to make it to the top of the sport - BJJ black belt, solid wrestling pedigree, creative striker, but unfortunately never made a real run. He did solid in Strikeforce, then had a great win over Nate Diaz, lost a close decision to Benson Henderson, then another to Bobby Green who is a much lower tier fighter, then got obliterated by Ferguson before heading to Bellator with mixed success. It's probably too late at this point for him to accomplish much more. Thoughts??? Never see him mentioned really.

The actual most handsome MMA fighter, imo.

I don't get this Rockhold or Sage hype when Thomson clearly destroys them.

nickpics006.jpg

He destroyed Nate.

I would say his 8 sf wins in a row; 5 by 1rd finish was pretty damn impressive

Typical sherdog. You ask what they think of a fighter, first reply is about his looks

<{hughesimpress}>

Typical sherdog. You ask what they think of a fighter, first reply is about his looks

<{hughesimpress}>

I think it’s since been deleted but worldwide mma had a “KJ Noons vs Josh Thomson: Battle of the cuties” thread for when they fought in Strikeforce. Maybe the same poster.

His whole career would have gone different had the judges not fucked up the last Melendez scores.

nickpics006.jpg
The man's got a piece on him, 100%. Unfortunately was not much of a drawl.

Very cool guy, been friends since the Strikeforce days...I had actually produced his entrance music for the second Gilbert fight but then Showtime didn't let him use it because they needed my permission/signature as the "artist"

I enjoyed most of his fights. They were generally not boring and he was definitely top 5 when in his prime and healthy. I think he's been battling a lot of injuries and such in his older years. The guy's been fighting for 16 years and has fought some good competition. He might have a couple fights left, depending on his health and friendly match ups.

Lol I'll never forget when he was fighting in Bellator around the time Nate vs Conor 2 was happening and bellator was advertising him as "THE ONLY MAN TO KNOCK OUT NATE DIAZ!!!!"

Exciting young prospect with Erik Silva like potential

Back