What are Jon Jones athletic "gifts"

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Many say Jon Jones athleticism is what makes him the most complete fighter ever

but what exactly are his athletic gifts

Jon-Jones.jpg

I mean yeah he is 6f4, quite tall for the 205 division, long arms....but nothing screams genetic freak to me

like say someone like Karelin
karelin-549x668.png

a man that was 6f4, and 290lb of pure muscle

I just don't understand the supposed athletic gifts that Jones has?

Strength, reach, attitude..and.......peds

He just dumb enough to try odd shit but smart enough to know when

Not sure what "6'4 290lbs of pure muscle" is meant to mean in terms of athletic gifts.

If size is what counts - Bob Sapp was 6'5 350lbs of pure muscle.

Not sure what "6'4 290lbs of pure muscle" is meant to mean in terms of athletic gifts.

If size is what counts - Bob Sapp was 6'5 350lbs of pure muscle.
Bu Sapp was graceful underneath all that muscle.

bob-sapp-pizza-la-1.gif

Reach and upper body strength for 205. Superb wrestling and brilliant MMA iq. Jones' only weakness is his boxing and hes still pretty good at it.

ITT we wait patiently until that One Guy posts the picture of Jones sitting on a tire naked and makes a caption about his dick

Being able to snort unfathomable amounts of coke without affecting his heart-rate.

Crashing the fuck out of cars and coming out unscathed.

Partying with broads without affecting his family life.

Being all of the above, and yet still beloved by many MMA fans (myself included).

Last edited:
*sigh* athleticism isn't = "big muscles". I know many people in America are conditioned to think so because of the NFL. Athleticism is a term that covers coordination, balance, agility, speed, reflexes, timing and strength. It's a bit of a catch all word which is why many people don't seem to know what it actually means. Jon Jones is quick, coordinated, agile and strong at the very least - and those qualities rarely come together in one person.

Back