What am I missing when it comes to Zelda?

Yeah, but he's Russian so he'll just hack it and take pictures of your O face to blackmail you.
Russians did wonders for Trump. I see nothing but benefit from dealing with those crafty pasty fucks.

Ask your friend if he'll give his to me. Tell him we are sherbros, he'll do that shit.

Been looking around more for ya and your best bet will be Toys'R'us or Target. Those two will probably be most likely to have a Switch in stock or get more.

Been looking around more for ya and your best bet will be Toys'R'us or Target. Those two will probably be most likely to have a Switch in stock or get more.
neither have one right now...I even asked my brother down in LA to look. He's an LAPD detective, surely he can track something down:)

I think the way Nintendo makes the most out of their relatively limited hardware specs and delivers very polished gaming experiences is amazing.

Yep it's one of the things that's always impressed me about the company they get a lot out of their hardware.

The witcher 3 is just different the dungeons aren't as elaborate and don't involve the puzzels that zelda includes. The closest games I can think of that come close to Zelda are the Tomb raider and Uncarted games. Even then they don't quite do it like Zelda does.
My favorite 3d Zelda game until botw was the first darksiders. That was some zelda ass stuff.

My favorite 3d Zelda game until botw was the first darksiders. That was some zelda ass stuff.

I've heard this so much about the darksiders series. Just can't get into them though. Tried twice already and both times I just gave up.

tumblr_n0f8blJWns1sbqi0vo1_400.gif

The games are awesome however I have a weird taste in which ones are the best.

My favorite ones in order are Wind Waker, A link to the Past, the Original, Ocarina Of Time, Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword. The rest aren't worth ranking or I didn't play them. (I haven't played the newest one either)

The games are awesome however I have a weird taste in which ones are the best.

My favorite ones in order are Wind Waker, A link to the Past, the Original, Ocarina Of Time, Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword. The rest aren't worth ranking or I didn't play them. (I haven't played the newest one either)

The newest one will sweep your entire list and place itself at the very top. I hope you get to play it and and I hope it's soon.

I have to say that of all of Nintendo's launch titles, including Zelda, this intrigues me the most:

I have it and it's fun, if you have people that get into it and don't act like they are too good for the game ;)

Mainly fun in spurts, kinda like a drinking game or board game.

TS probably isn't missing anything at all if he already has an opinion formed about the series. About the latest Zelda, after beating it I think it was pretty meh to be honest. The whole weapon breaking after a couple of hits has to be the most infuriating and frustrating mechanic I've ever seen in a game, I absolutely despise it.

I have it and it's fun, if you have people that get into it and don't act like they are too good for the game ;)

Mainly fun in spurts, kinda like a drinking game or board game.
Yeah, that's exactly what caught my interest. My buddies are middle-aged like me and have kids. When we get together we talk shit and drink. Most of them won't sit down in front of a TV with a controller. They all game on their phones. So this is exactly the sort of thing they would enjoy. The less skill-based the game: the better. That just means half the game time, twice the shit talk, and four times the fun.

Your user name proves you have shit taste in games TS what else is there to say.

Ocarina of Time is the only answer to your question TS.

Well, it did kind of die out as a franchise. It had a damn good run though, and is considered one of the most influential series in video game history.

Ultima III was THE killer app for CRPGs. it was a breakpoint, with fully nonlinear play, a large world to explore, tonnes of hidden goodies and a full party system. it had an actual storyline, a developed world and some basic NPC conversations.

Nearly every single CRPG since then owes it a debt. People bought a c64 just to play the game. It sold 120,000 copies back in 1983..a huge amount for what was then an extreme niche product.

Ultima V had a non linear and interactive world, with NPC schedules and dialogue and full blown Karma and morality system in place in 1988

Ultima underworld was the spiritual and technological ancestor of the Elder Scrolls games.

Ultima Online was the game that introduced the term MMORPG and was really the first mass market MMO.

I never played a Zelda but the new one looks really interesting to me, simply because it gives me that nostalgia feel of an old platforming game (Crash Bandicoot, Croc etc). There is some innocence to it that I find charming.

However, If I were to look at it objectively, the game is clearly dated by todays standards. I much prefer Mass Effect Andromeda (which I played 10 hours of) which is getting destroyed in reviews for its shitty facial animations and "bad" dialogue/voice acting. And the there's Zelda which barely has either (facial animations and dialogue) and it is a 10 out of 10. It baffles my mind how one game is completely let off to hook for its antiquated graphics (even given the artistic direction) and the superior looking game gets shit on.

I never played a Zelda but the new one looks really interesting to me, simply because it gives me that nostalgia feel of an old platforming game (Crash Bandicoot, Croc etc). There is some innocence to it that I find charming.

However, If I were to look at it objectively, the game is clearly dated by todays standards. I much prefer Mass Effect Andromeda (which I played 10 hours of) which is getting destroyed in reviews for its shitty facial animations and "bad" dialogue/voice acting. And the there's Zelda which barely has either (facial animations and dialogue) and it is a 10 out of 10. It baffles my mind how one game is completely let off to hook for its antiquated graphics (even given the artistic direction) and the superior looking game gets shit on.
It's baffling. Just Nintendo fanatics.

I think I missed the boat on Zelda much like how I missed the boat on Final Fantasy. I didn't get a game system until the last months for the N64's era so it was far removed from Ocarina of Time and Marjora's Mask. Hell, I got an N64 so late into it's life cycle that in order to get Star Fox my folks had to order it from a Gamestop that was like 150 miles away and they only had one copy in stock.

Because beauty is more than skin deep ;)

But seriously BotW can't be dated by today's standards because it's doing things that other games just don't do. It's not hard to think that future open world games will be getting inspiration directly from BotW.

Back