What age did u start bjj

Took my first lessons in 1995 at 15. Trained consistently without instruction in college (learned from a book), and then about a 6 year break while I was having kids, married, career, etc.

Started seriously again at 30, currently 37 and a 4 stripe purple belt.

When I was 23 (started rasslin when I was 8 tho). I'm now 35 and a poo belt.

I'm 29 and I started when I was 23. purple belt.

Started at 23, am 28 now....

still a white belt
forever-alone
When I was 23 (started rasslin when I was 8 tho). I'm now 35 and a poo belt.
lolol

Started at 40. 44 now and a blue belt. Sticking with it for life and I'm not hearing anything else about it! Haha.

I'm 26, started at 22. Still a white belt because I was inconsistent and switched gyms.

Started at age 38, now I'm 43. Purple belt. Wrestled since junior high school, has D-1 wrestling experience.

Started at 28, going to be 34 in a week. Currently a blue belt. I have no background in sports or martial arts and training BJJ is the most physical type training I have ever done.

Started 14 months ago. I'm 53.
4 stripe white currently laid up with a popped rib.
Goal is to get to purple. After that, we'll see.
53 yrs old..
14 months..
and 4 stripes.
how often do you train and who gives happy meal stripes so easily?

I'm 26, started at 22. Still a white belt because I was inconsistent and switched gyms.

Love these people who always write an excuse why they are white belts. Nothing wrong being 4 years a white belt don't shame it. Maybe your bjj just sucks not that you are inconsistent with your training.

Started no gi/Mma off and on at 24. Started bjj in the gi at 28. Currently 32 and white belt with some stripes lol

53 yrs old..
14 months..
and 4 stripes.
how often do you train and who gives happy meal stripes so easily?

Who insulted your mother?

FWIW, before getting injured, I was doing 4.5 hours per week.

Got my first two stripes at Redzovic in Chicago (mostly due to just getting through the beginner's self-dense curriculum a few times).

My other two stripes came from NoCoast BJJ in Des Moines - an Erik Paulsen affiliated gym.

I've got lineage.

I'll admit, the fourth stripe surprised the crap out of me, but what do I know?

I started just before I turned 15.

19 now.

Still white - but I moved around a lot.

Started at 34....7 months ago and now I'm 35.

Better late than never I suppose. Best thing to do starting this late is to COMPLETELY get belts out of your mind.

I know it's easier said than done when you see people you started with blow past you because they are younger, but right now I'm conditioning myself to not even look at my belt.

Who insulted your mother?

FWIW, before getting injured, I was doing 4.5 hours per week.

Got my first two stripes at Redzovic in Chicago (mostly due to just getting through the beginner's self-dense curriculum a few times).

My other two stripes came from NoCoast BJJ in Des Moines - an Erik Paulsen affiliated gym.

I've got lineage.

I'll admit, the fourth stripe surprised the crap out of me, but what do I know?
Yeah okay no offence but 4 stripes and 14 months (3 classes per week) means you have to be a predator on the mats. In my gym people rarely get promoted so quickly. you are 53 which makes it even more questionable. Not blaming you though there are gyms who promote way too easily.

32, 35 now, two stripe blue, tool some time off though

Like I said, the 4th belt surprised the hell out of me.

I wouldn't mind sticking around at white for another year. I had hoped to compete in Master's in Vegas this year but I think that went out the door when my ribs went pop.

Started at 19 or 20, 30 now. Been a brown belt for like 3 years or so.

Started at 19 or 20, 30 now. Been a brown belt for like 3 years or so.

Back