What about Thompson vs Lawler next?

orlandod

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Wanted to see this fight a long time ago when Robbie was still the champ.

We're kinda late for that as a title fight, but I guess this makes sense now, with both guys coming off losses and most lilkely not getting a title shot in the near future. Despite how bad some people thought WB looked today, I still believe this ends up being a great fight if it happens.

I can see a Lawler KO or a Wonderboy decision here.

Thoughts?

Man, being honest, I'm kind of over Wonderboy at this stage.

He's one of the few guys that could even turn a Hobbie Lawler fight into a snore-fest, with his unwillingness to engage.

Lawler... Would have been good a few years back. WB would have his way with him now. But Robbie is never in a boring fight... so might help out Thompson stock.

There are better fights for Lawler

Yeah I think this would be a good fight to make now. Lawler tore his ACL in December though and probably won't fight in 2018 so it depends how fast Wonderboy wants to get back in the cage.

They should give Lawler an easy fight, he's been in too many 5-round wars

wonderboy point fights too much IMO .. not interested in having a chase down and pitty patt match ..

we need more fighters to put it on the line

Wonderboy would knock robbie out. he does extremely well against over aggressive people

Man, being honest, I'm kind of over Wonderboy at this stage.

He's one of the few guys that could even turn a Hobbie Lawler fight into a snore-fest, with his unwillingness to engage.
Tmm56yi.jpg

Please, no more Wonderboy. Wait for Dana to chime in. I bet he's pissed.

I like the match up, both use to be at the top of the ranks trying to get back there, the sad thing is both look like they're way past their prime, so it would kinda be like a 'who still has it' type of fight.

UFC was smart to not make this past fight a PPV main event.

Wanted to see this fight a long time ago when Robbie was still the champ.

We're kinda late for that as a title fight, but I guess this makes sense now, with both guys coming off losses and most lilkely not getting a title shot in the near future. Despite how bad some people thought WB looked today, I still believe this ends up being a great fight if it happens.

I can see a Lawler KO or a Wonderboy decision here.

Thoughts?
Id rather see Thompson back in there before next year

Back