What a fight! Finally my Scores...

tenor.gif

Must have been born in 2013.

That is not how boxing is scored, and if you want to go back in time 100 years, you may well be correct, in more civilised times, there are now limits to the amount of rounds that can be contested, which is also linked to the padding in the gloves, the damage fighters take and a bunch of other stuff.

Maybe you need to read up a little bit on boxing history
Maybe you need to read my post genius. The first two words were "Scoring aside". I was simply offering my opinion on the fight.
Maybe you need to read up a little bit on reading comprehension.

Maybe you need to read my post genius. The first two words were "Scoring aside". I was simply offering my opinion on the fight.
Maybe you need to read up a little bit on reading comprehension.

"Scoring aside"...

You can basically apply that criteria to any rule of boxing that has been introduced since 1910.

Here are a few examples for you:

"Padded gloves aside"
"Ring size aside"
"Rules aside"
"Rounds aside"

There are lots more.....

I now have no idea what you actually meant, are you talking about them having a bout with modern(gloves, rules, rings, refs, canvas, scoring, judges) but with no rounds?

So your scoring criteria for fights is basically, observing all of the modern rules apart from rounds.....GGG would have won?

It's kind of not how it works....

I wasn't scoring the fight. It could have gone either way IMO.

I was just offering my thoughts when observing such closely contested fights. I think if the fight would have kept going GGG would have won.

Yes, it's a loss on his record. Fortunately, boxing fans adapted to putting an asterisk next to bad decisions. Just another on the list.

It will be remembered by the community as boxing politics and serve as a testament, not a condemnation, of GGG's greatness.
{<jordan}

Pretty much. Thats why I don't like fans who score power. If the bigger hitter lands a good shot, there's nothing the other guy can do to take back the round. Its shit judging.
professional boxing scores power. you would be thinking of amateur. one punch that causes significant damage out weights six that don't. that is why a knockdown equals a point off the score.

i think canelo hurt ggg's body more than people realise in the early rounds, but ggg closed the show so i have to go with him.

professional boxing scores power. you would be thinking of amateur. one punch that causes significant damage out weights six that don't. that is why a knockdown equals a point off the score.
No, it doesn't. It scores effective punching. Power is not one of the judging criteria. You can score a KD with a jab. A pitty pat jab can be an effective punch.

A lot of people come in here and try to tell some of us that we don't understand scoring after a fight and then proceed to tell us the wrong way to do it. There are set rules and criteria. You can't just make up your own.

Back