What a fight! Finally my Scores...

nastyleft

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Asterisks next to the razor sharp rounds that could go either way ***

Rd 1 10-9 GGG

Rd 2 10-9 Canelo

Rd 3 10-9 GGG*** (Could go either way, I felt GGG's jab was working well enough to edge it out, what a fucking nice jab he has)

Rd 4 10-9 Canelo

Rd 5 10-9 Canelo

Rd 6 10-9 Canelo (GGG looking kind of Old, and Canelo looking like he wants to close the show, getting ugly. The last 3 rounds Canelo is looking pretty dominant, with good bodywork and GGG slowing fast this might end soon, everything is violent from both guys since the 4th though)

Rd 7 10-9 Canelo*** (GGG working harder but doesn't look like he'll physically make it to the end)

Rd 8 10-9 GGG *** (Now the fight starts to get real, haven't seen shit like this in a looong time!)

Rd 9 10-9 GGG *** (Canelo still bringin it but GGG is now a fucking Cyborg dropping bombs and puttin in combinations, 2nd wind is an understatement)

Rd 10 10-9 GGG (What a round for GGG, Canelo put in serious trouble at the start but recovers like a champ, anyone else from Middleweight to Light Heavyweight would've been done. Canelo finishes really strong but the first 25 seconds of the round made it a clear GGG round. FOTY hands down. I actually had to stand up and clap standing infront of my laptop)

Rd 11 10-9 Canelo *** (an even better more violent round, either way the pendulum swings, these guys are Legends)

Canelo leads going into the 12th 6 rounds to 5.

I had to watch this 12th round 3 times....

Both fighters come out and throw their first punches almost simultaneously, GGG found something that worked in the 10th and put Canelo in trouble again right away by the time the clock was 7 secs into the round. He times Canelos counter by doubling up, jab, lead hook immediately behind it while Canelo is coming back behind the jab and GGG catches him flush. GGG then follows up with a 3 punch combination right away while Canelo returns with fire, right left right, then covers. GGG keeps on the pressure fighting, punching, looks like he's willing to die in this ring tonight. But Canelo weathers the flurries and comes back. The ebbs and flows of this round made it seem like it was 5 minutes long.

By midway, Canelo is picking his spaces and throwng everthing he's got at the Kazakh, both guys putting it all out there. Not the fight of the year, probably the fight of this Millenium so far.......

The magnitude of who these guys are and all the questions swirlin around both fanbases...Ïs GGG too old now, is he really that good, he never really fought anyone, the first real test he's gotten he drew with Canelo (I said that myself). Is Canelo just a Golden Boy tool with victories pre-determined for him no matter what happens? Let's see how he does now that he's off those PEDs, he's clearly the smaller guy, etc. etc... Two guys at the peak of their careers, hands down considered the best in the business of boxing today. As of late, fights like this don't come around often anymore, and here they are digging deep for greatness.
BOTH guys have had several opportunities to fold in the last 11 and a half rounds, no one would've blamed them. By the end of round 10, regardless of the outcome, win, lose, draw or KO, both of their All-Time great legacys have been forged and cemented by the time we've gotten to round 12, and this is what it looks like when two greats dare to become legends.........

Both boxers look dead exhausted but keep throwing like it's the 3rd round, both connecting....GGG lets up some of the tempo and Canelo looks like he's close to turning the round even with lots of good contact. it's not the same KO contest they were having from 8th to 11th its now a war or attrition...who can finish the strongest, who is gonna get in the last punch before the bell. 10 secs left GGG is backing up and Canelo is now stalking him, still there after sustaining the opening barrage of the round, Im thinking, oh shit Cinnamon is gonna close the show strong, now I see how the two judges got it 7-5, its gonna be right here.... Canelo attacks, GGG stops and stands his ground and lights Canelo up with a 3 punch barrage while Canelo eats it like pancakes and is countering before GGG's punches even leave Saul's face. One more hook from GGG at the bell, one more uppercut from Canelo as the ref waves the end of the fight.

Round 12 10 - 9 ******* Golovkin (In my opinion the beginning and the end of the round gave GGG the slight, very slight edge for the 12th.)

6 rounds to 6 114 -114 DRAW

Last edited:
Love the passion

Just rewatched the fight. I have it 7-5 Canelo.

Gave the 12th to Canelo. GGG opened strong, but Canelo landed the better punches for the rest of the round, and did more damage.

Great account of what happened. These guys are friggin' monsters. They compare it to Hagler vs Leonard because of the passing of the belts and the controversy, but this fight is greater by all accounts - no disrespect to the greater legends that Marvin and Ray are.

What amazed me is that, just as you said, in Round 6 one could expect a shutdown or even a stoppage for Canelo. While he lost a bit of steam later, you've got to love GGG's tremendous effort and adjustments in the second half. A draw or 115-113 for either is perfectly acceptable. They beat up the hell out of each other. None of the fighters dominated the fight. Those who pretend it DKSAB.

Last edited:

Gave the 12th to Canelo. GGG opened strong, but Canelo landed the better punches for the rest of the round, and did more damage.
I was very on the fence for the 12th... Easily can be 7-5 Canelo, with the 12th in his favor. I had to tiebreak myself 2 outta 3 watches of that round. If I watch it again I might pick Canelo again.

Give it 2 weeks. Most of the guys crying that GGG got robbed will agree Canelo won.
1537074306650.jpg

I believe GGG kept some reserves in the early rounds, to be sure he could do the second half of the fight rally without going out of gas, and yes, 36 years old has some effects on your physical performance, no matter how good you still are.

Scored it 3 times. First time for Canelo 7-5. Second time 7-5 for G. Upon final scoring, I have it a 6-6 draw.

That is about as much of a draw you can have

Pretty much. Thats why I don't like fans who score power. If the bigger hitter lands a good shot, there's nothing the other guy can do to take back the round. Its shit judging.

Pretty much. Thats why I don't like fans who score power. If the bigger hitter lands a good shot, there's nothing the other guy can do to take back the round. Its shit judging.

In this specific case, Golovkin landed quite a few good shots in the round.

If anything this one was a draw, and do jabs not count for anything?

If anything this one was a draw, and do jabs not count for anything?
Vs power shots? Rarely do you see a guy get hit with repeated power shots and win the round with a jab.

Golovkin jabbed his face WAAY too much for me to give it to Canelo. He had the better power shots , ill give him that. Anyway, both are fuckin animals with iron chins. hespect. Last thing ill say is that I never thought Canelo would be able to go toe 2 toe and make it a dog fight against a bigger, more experienced guy like GGG. He is a straight up animal.

m96jjd.jpg

Asterisks next to the razor sharp rounds that could go either way ***

Rd 1 10-9 GGG

Rd 2 10-9 Canelo

Rd 3 10-9 GGG*** (Could go either way, I felt GGG's jab was working well enough to edge it out, what a fucking nice jab he has)

Rd 4 10-9 Canelo

Rd 5 10-9 Canelo

Rd 6 10-9 Canelo (GGG looking kind of Old, and Canelo looking like he wants to close the show, getting ugly. The last 3 rounds Canelo is looking pretty dominant, with good bodywork and GGG slowing fast this might end soon, everything is violent from both guys since the 4th though)

Rd 7 10-9 Canelo*** (GGG working harder but doesn't look like he'll physically make it to the end)

Rd 8 10-9 GGG *** (Now the fight starts to get real, haven't seen shit like this in a looong time!)

Rd 9 10-9 GGG *** (Canelo still bringin it but GGG is now a fucking Cyborg dropping bombs and puttin in combinations, 2nd wind is an understatement)

Rd 10 10-9 GGG (What a round for GGG, Canelo put in serious trouble at the start but recovers like a champ, anyone else from Middleweight to Light Heavyweight would've been done. Canelo finishes really strong but the first 25 seconds of the round made it a clear GGG round. FOTY hands down. I actually had to stand up and clap standing infront of my laptop)

Rd 11 10-9 Canelo *** (an even better more violent round, either way the pendulum swings, these guys are Legends)

Canelo leads going into the 12th 6 rounds to 5.

I had to watch this 12th round 3 times....

Both fighters come out and throw their first punches almost simultaneously, GGG found something that worked in the 10th and put Canelo in trouble again right away by the time the clock was 7 secs into the round. He times Canelos counter by doubling up, jab, lead hook immediately behind it while Canelo is coming back behind the jab and GGG catches him flush. GGG then follows up with a 3 punch combination right away while Canelo returns with fire, right left right, then covers. GGG keeps on the pressure fighting, punching, looks like he's willing to die in this ring tonight. But Canelo weathers the flurries and comes back. The ebbs and flows of this round made it seem like it was 5 minutes long.

By midway, Canelo is picking his spaces and throwng everthing he's got at the Kazakh, both guys putting it all out there. Not the fight of the year, probably the fight of this Millenium so far.......

The magnitude of who these guys are and all the questions swirlin around both fanbases...Ïs GGG too old now, is he really that good, he never really fought anyone, the first real test he's gotten he drew with Canelo (I said that myself). Is Canelo just a Golden Boy tool with victories pre-determined for him no matter what happens? Let's see how he does now that he's off those PEDs, he's clearly the smaller guy, etc. etc... Two guys at the peak of their careers, hands down considered the best in the business of boxing today. As of late, fights like this don't come around often anymore, and here they are digging deep for greatness.
BOTH guys have had several opportunities to fold in the last 11 and a half rounds, no one would've blamed them. By the end of round 10, regardless of the outcome, win, lose, draw or KO, both of their All-Time great legacys have been forged and cemented by the time we've gotten to round 12, and this is what it looks like when two greats dare to become legends.........

Both boxers look dead exhausted but keep throwing like it's the 3rd round, both connecting....GGG lets up some of the tempo and Canelo looks like he's close to turning the round even with lots of good contact. it's not the same KO contest they were having from 8th to 11th its now a war or attrition...who can finish the strongest, who is gonna get in the last punch before the bell. 10 secs left GGG is backing up and Canelo is now stalking him, still there after sustaining the opening barrage of the round, Im thinking, oh shit Cinnamon is gonna close the show strong, now I see how the two judges got it 7-5, its gonna be right here.... Canelo attacks, GGG stops and stands his ground and lights Canelo up with a 3 punch barrage while Canelo eats it like pancakes and is countering before GGG's punches even leave Saul's face. One more hook from GGG at the bell, one more uppercut from Canelo as the ref waves the end of the fight.

Round 12 10 - 9 ******* Golovkin (In my opinion the beginning and the end of the round gave GGG the slight, very slight edge for the 12th.)

6 rounds to 6 114 -114 DRAW

Fair enough, score card.

Canelo made Abel it his words... stood right in front of him and beat that ass. He didn't have to. He can do anything he wants in that ring.

29gdbv4.jpg

Attachments

• 1537169218865.jpg
    1537169218865.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 2
Vs power shots? Rarely do you see a guy get hit with repeated power shots and win the round with a jab.
I mean, Canelo ate his own share if power shots that landed flush, but NO WHERE near what he was dealing out. GGGs best punch against Canelo might be the jab but no way did he pick up 7 rounds with jabbing the way Canelo lit him up.

Back