what a epic fail ufc about ufc 229

Because language is not math, you don't need to state everything out exactly every single time. If someone says "I'll help you at all costs", they don't have to also add "except giving away my net worth or killing my family" for you to know those are not options. That's not a caveat, it's just common sense, which you apparently lack.

Oh ok, forgive me for interpreting your words by their literal meaning.

Oh ok, forgive me for interpreting your words by their literal meaning.

Yeah, that's not how languages work. You don't have sex with X every time you say fuck X. When Holloway says he'll fight anyone anytime anywhere, he doesn't mean it's okay for you to creep into his bedroom in the middle of night and punch him in the face.

Yeah, that's not how languages work. You don't have sex every time you say fuck. When someone says he'll fight any time anywhere, they don't mean it's okay for you to creep into his bedroom in the middle of night and punch him in the face.

Oh no, I agree completely with you. I also didn't mean any of the things I said in this thread and also had a bunch of unstated caveats on all my posts, obviously. Turns out we were in complete agreement the entire time, it's just hard to tell sometimes what with words not having meanings and stuff.

it's just hard to tell sometimes what with words not having meanings and stuff.

Use common sense. For example, you said "I agree completely with you." That doesn't mean you agree completely with me on everything ever, that's not a caveat, that's just common sense.

Use common sense. For example, you said "I agree completely with you." That doesn't mean you agree completely with me on everything ever, that's not a caveat, that's just common sense.

I don't know what any of those words mean.

If I were Ray Borg I'd buy a ticket to UFC 229 and force Conor to pull out of the main event

<DCWhoa>

There's no way the UFC can force a fighter to not attend any UFC event by paying their own ticket. Ray Borg can destroy Conor's career like this until Conor pays him whatever he's asking.

If he would do that he should be more afraid of ending up in the Nevada desert or the 10 000 Irish fans traveling to the event.

Conor would be his least concern.
Dana would have him killed.

If I were Ray Borg I'd buy a ticket to UFC 229 and force Conor to pull out of the main event

<DCWhoa>

There's no way the UFC can force a fighter to not attend any UFC event by paying their own ticket. Ray Borg can destroy Conor's career like this until Conor pays him whatever he's asking.
your brain is very special, Lou

LOL. Anyway, OK, you may be correct about the restraining orders and I may be wrong. I'm certainly no lawyer and have no experience with restraining/protection orders. Perhaps I was naively optimistic about the thoughtfulness of modern legal systems.
From what I've read not all order prohibit all contact, and I assumed that in a case like this especially with the type of lawyers Conor can afford they would have foreseen that given the nature of everyone's employment it is obvious they would cross paths to some degree and the order should have been written to allow for that, but who knows.

Regardless I'm no expert and might be wrong, and sometimes the legal system is stupid, and I was mostly just arguing for it's own sake.

You can have the W this round.

LOL. Anyway, OK, you may be correct about the restraining orders and I may be wrong. I'm certainly no lawyer and have no experience with restraining/protection orders. Perhaps I was naively optimistic about the thoughtfulness of modern legal systems.
From what I've read not all order prohibit all contact, and I assumed that in a case like this especially with the type of lawyers Conor can afford they would have foreseen that given the nature of everyone's employment it is obvious they would cross paths to some degree and the order should have been written to allow for that, but who knows.

Regardless I'm no expert and might be wrong, and sometimes the legal system is stupid, and I was mostly just arguing for it's own sake.

You can have the W this round.

Watch the video I posted above where an attorney gives a brief rundown of protection orders. I've had to personally deal with one against my ex and from first hand experience these things are anal retentive as fuck and the protectee can absolutely wreck your life if they're willing

Obviously I don't have million dollar Conor lawyers so I don't know whatever special deal he might have in place, but based on my personal experience Ray Borg has many options to fuck with Conor legally.

Back