What a 10-8 round looks like

New rules were in effect.

It was a clear 10-8 under the new rules.

Have to agree that 10-8 rounds and Haley's Comet have something in common.

Spot on. Yoel won the fight but doesn't deserve the championship b/c he hasn't made weight for the weight class.

Sure, Yoel is a beast but if he's not making weight then Robert Whitaker is just showcasing that he can do well even against people in a higher weight class.

near death experiences are 10-7
next is, if your corner has to peel you off the mat and drag you to the stool 10-6
see Vovchanchyn/Inoue

with these markers for scoring, I'm comfortable with dropping your opponent being 10-8

10-6 means the ref shoulda stopped the damn thing but wasnt doing his job lol

Dan definitely should have gotten a 10-8 round and a draw too
there was no round in which shogun was not fighting back and at least landing a few shots, whereas Dan did nothing but barely cover up the entire 5th round, when you mount no offense in a round thats a 10-8, if in the judges eyes Dan scored a 10-8, then Shogun should have been awarded a 10-7 for the nothing but lay there and take it Dan did the entire 5th, it should have been a draw...youre right...but Dan won that fight without a 10-8 round lol

there was no round in which shogun was not fighting back and at least landing a few shots, whereas Dan did nothing but barely cover up the entire 5th round, when you mount no offense in a round thats a 10-8, if in the judges eyes Dan scored a 10-8, then Shogun should have been awarded a 10-7 for the nothing but lay there and take it Dan did the entire 5th, it should have been a draw...youre right...but Dan won that fight without a 10-8 round lol
My bad. I thought you were talking about Dan vs Bisping 2. Not Dan vs Shogun.

If 1st round in Hendo-Bisping 2 wasn't a 10-8 then that 5th round wasn't either.

Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard 2 first round is what a 10-8 round looks like , maybe even 10-7

I strongly disagree with anyone that says Romero won a 10-8 round against Whittaker. Until we have unified consistent rules/guideliness on MMA judging you need to look at the way fights have been scored in the past and not the way you think it should be scored.

My example of a 10-8 round that's based off the history of MMA would be GSP vs BJ Penn 2, rounds 2 and 3.

I stopped reading here.

THE RULES OF MMA FOR SCORING ROUNDS HAVE CHANGED! Illinois was using the new rules.

Since you are looking at the "old" 10-8, then there is no reason to read the rest of your post because your opinion on this topic is completely and utterly worthless. BTW, John McCarthy said there should have been at least 1 10-8 round in that fight, based on the new rules.

Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard 2 first round is what a 10-8 round looks like , maybe even 10-7
I've always called that a 10-7. An example where a couple times within 1 round a ref was literally seconds away from stepping in.

I stopped reading here.

THE RULES OF MMA FOR SCORING ROUNDS HAVE CHANGED! Illinois was using the new rules.

Since you are looking at the "old" 10-8, then there is no reason to read the rest of your post because your opinion on this topic is completely and utterly worthless. BTW, John McCarthy said there should have been at least 1 10-8 round in that fight, based on the new rules.
The man who literally invented MMA reffing said there should have been AT LEAST one 10-8 round but Sherdog believes they are more credible than him.

SMFH

10 - 9 close round
10 - 8 dominant round
10 - 7 getting beat up and almost finished for 5 min

thats how it should be

I'm pretty sure that's exactly how it is under the new rules.

10 - 9 close round
10 - 8 dominant round

thats how it should be[/QUOTE
10 - 9 close round
10 - 8 dominant round

thats how it should be

This is ideal scoring. I agree completely.

I stopped reading here.

You mad bro? Not one judge scored a 10-8 round and apparently Illinois is using the new rules according to you. Whittaker won the fight and he deserved it. Deal with it!

Last edited:
Back