What’s the difference between TUF and Dana White’s Contender Series?

Pretty much one fight it seems to get a contract although they aren’t offered to all the winners

I don’t known I stopped watching TUF many years ago due to the drunken stupidity.

The Contender Series, the first Season, featured about 16 hours of total content. This included 40 fights.

A standard season of TUF features about 12 hours of show content including commercials, plus the >6 hour finale card. It has ~14 fights on the show, and ~12 fights on the finale card, for a total of about 26 fights.

TUF is a 16 or 32 fighters in a house getting drunk, breaking shit and pissing each other off, occasionally fighting and the fights are not counted as fights on their records.

The Contender Series is real fights, real pro's trying to impress Dana White in order to get a call up to the UFC. The fights are on their records, unlike TUF.

TUF is guys playing touch butt in a house together. Contender series is a lot like fightpass prelims. One fight right after another.

TUF is guys playing touch butt in a house together. Contender series is a lot like fightpass prelims. One fight right after another.

This is the best part of it, its not 1 fight a week or whatever they are doing with TUF now (to be fair, I haven’t watched much of TUF in a while), they just have fight after fight. None of that real world reality tv bs going on. Just a couple min promo of each guy and boom, fights on.

I kinda hope they get rid of TUF and just have this as the main show for the UFC outside of the actual events.

One is a reality show with exhibition matches that is taped ahead of time the other is a mini card of actual pro fights that I believe airs live.

TUF has all the drama and tears. That's the difference.

TUF is amateurish compared to Dana's looking for a fight. But I like this season's TuF though, I think Diamond will win it

I watched the TUF 1st episodes only when they had all the fighters "Bop" their way onto the show... A show full of fights.

Not willing to watch an episode with only one fight at the end.

Haven't watched contender yet... But if it has a few fights each episode I'll watch..

its totally different. Contender Series is more like Dana's "looking for a fight" youtube series...

Tuf is a bollocks reality show with a bunch of shit fighters all vying to get a contract that they eventually get released from after going 1-3

Contender series is a one off fight against another contender to get an immediate contract..

TUF rewards winning over a tournament format, Contender series rewards putting on a show, getting KO's or flashy submissions.

Contender series is basically like watching a Legacxy or Titan FC main card. 5 fights, very little filler, good pace, fighters (on the most hand) giving it everything to get the contract

it also has Laura Sanko

People on TUF have back stories and cry a lot whereas Contender has fights.

These are real fights, the ultimate fighter are not official bouts.

You live like a f*cking king for a month at TUF, but you have to fight more often and most of the fighters had to do TUF at a superior weight class in order to make weight that often.

Contender series > TUF

TUF is too much filler not enough action. Like I don't care to listen to some kids sob story for 30 minutes.

The contender series is great although massively massively flawed. I hope they fix it

Back