What’s the difference between Joe Rogan podcast style and Charlie Rose?

Rockapotomuss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Joe Rogan Experiencr has taken interviewing by storm, especially after the epic Elon Musk episode. Long form podcasts seem like a new format, but wasn’t Charlie Rose doing this for years? What’s the difference between the two formats in terms of how they ask questions and converse with their guests?

Rogan has cool tattoos and smokes weed bro

I think why it excels so much is Joe himself has a lot of interesting topics to talk about on his own. He isn't just some instrument asking the guest questions but will go into stuff he's into as well which makes everything much more organic. Many of the normal interview shows aren't like that.

I think why it excels so much is Joe himself has a lot of interesting topics to talk about on his own. He isn't just some instrument asking the guest questions but will go into stuff he's into as well which makes everything much more organic. Many of the normal interview shows aren't like that.
I agree with this. He's a celebrity in his own right. Also a lot of his shows are about MMA so even his "filler" shows are interesting to a lot of people. He also has a pretty impressive guest list.

Rogan takes it easy on guest for the most part.....Charlie Rose is politically motivated/Has Journalistic Integrity to ask tough questions and do a hard indepth interview.

Rogan is very very nice about it...It feels as if friends are talking, which is why I think people go to his show, because they know, Joe Rogan won't set them up with a "Gotcha moment".

Joe Rogan is basically a laidback talk between friends...Charlie Rose is serious business.

Rogan takes it easy on guest for the most part.....Charlie Rose is politically motivated/Has Journalistic Integrity to ask tough questions and do a hard indepth interview.

Rogan is very very nice about it...It feels as if friends are talking, which is why I think people go to his show, because they know, Joe Rogan won't set them up with a "Gotcha moment".

Joe Rogan is basically a laidback talk between friends...Charlie Rose is serious business.

Unless you talk shit about weed. Then he'll ruin you. @StevenCrowder you dumb little bitch.

Unless you talk shit about weed. Then he'll ruin you. @StevenCrowder you dumb little bitch.
Yeah that's why I said for the most part...I remembered of that incident when I wrote that lol.

Crowder got overly defensive....He had a problem with having a fact checker LMFAO.

Charlie Rose snorted coke in his interviews. Rogan thinks coke is "dangerous". What a pussy.

I like Joe's naturally curious demeanor. Helps keep me curious. Plus the diversity of guests is great. Could be a billionaire one day and some person living off the land the next. Can't say I finish all his podcasts, but I at least start them all.

Joe Rogan Experiencr has taken interviewing by storm, especially after the epic Elon Musk episode. Long form podcasts seem like a new format, but wasn’t Charlie Rose doing this for years? What’s the difference between the two formats in terms of how they ask questions and converse with their guests?

Joe Rogan comes off more as a layman than a professional journalist/interview host. His Podcasts does have him cycling through serious issues related to the guest. But half of his podcasts are just him "shooting the shit" with that guest also. It gives off a more relaxed chat than a more serious political tone of a Rose, or other longer form segments from main stream news outlets.

Comparing Rose to Rogan is like comparing a daytime soap opera to Game of Thrones.

Joe's never been fired for alleged sexual harassment?

Don't worry. It's coming. As soon as Rogan crosses the political line Soros will send in a paid, fake attempted rape victim. Just like George did to Kavanaugh.

Joe Rogan comes off more as a layman than a professional journalist/interview host. His Podcasts does have him cycling through serious issues related to the guest. But half of his podcasts are just him "shooting the shit" with that guest also. It gives off a more relaxed chat than a more serious political tone of a Rose, or other longer form segments from main stream news outlets.
Another benefit to this style is it allows for a lot of information, if it's a good guest, to be dispersed over a period of time that makes it digestable.

Someone can lay out a lot of info and then Joe will say something like, "Arent coyotes fucking cool?" And they will talk about whatever for awhile and then get back into cat diseases, sleeping patterns, comets or diet or fitness or whatever.

It kind of gives a digestive time for what came before.

Yeah that's why I said for the most part...I remembered of that incident when I wrote that lol.

Crowder got overly defensive....He had a problem with having a fact checker LMFAO.

Who else is the other alt right dude Joe had on who had a sidekick? I legit can't stand the way that dude talks.

I wish people people rallied behind people like Theo Von, I think one thing the right and the left should agree on is it's annoying listening to rich white dudes "tell us how it is" when it comes to politics.

Theo has expressed his dislike of certain terms towards white people and brings up the reality of poor whites far more than these dudes.

Back