WFCA 50 Alexander Emelianenko vs Tony Johnson / Moscow, Russia

Just watched the Aleks fight. I can't say I expected much different. I'm not surprised he got a draw, and I'm actually slightly surprised Aleks didn't win.

Comparing just the performance, I think Johnson would have edged it if this were in a North American promotion. Johnson was fighting in Russia, Aleks home country. In a promotion that is known to favor local talent. Johnson should have went harder for a finish on the ground, because it should not be a surprise that a decision would not go his way.

If you're fighting in Russian promotions in Russia, be prepared to finish the guy.

I had money on Johnson and I thought Aleks won. Aleks won rounds 1 and 3 IMO.

Not mad on the draw... the gave me my money back but I was 100% it was going to be 29-28 Aleks.

This is why going to fight in Russia is a bad idea.

In what world was that a draw, Aleks had success in the first 3 minutes, and that's was it. Johnson destroyed his face in the 2nd and 3rd, clear cut 29-28.

This is why going to fight in Russia is a bad idea.

In what world was that a draw, Aleks had success in the first 3 minutes, and that's was it. Johnson destroyed his face in the 2nd and 3rd, clear cut 29-28.
The only success Johnson had in R3 was the last minute, the first four minutes Alex was dominating on the feet, the only thing that saved Tony was his Chin. I feel like people see this as a robbery because Alex face looked like mush, Whenever Tony took him down he cut up Alex with the elbows. I dont see a winner in this fight, sure Alex looked worse due to the cuts but still feel like this is a draw.

Emelianenko vs Johnson backstage (eng cc)

I had Aleks winning rd.1 and 3. Johnson rd.2. Rd 3 was pretty even though. I was surprised to see a draw but I guess it is an ok result as well. Johnson as winner would have been strange. He didnt do much in rd 3 and no way he won rd 1.

cant believe how bad Alexs TDD was. He was outclassing the guy on feet.

alex needs kicks. I feel it would make his hands that much more dangerous

My opinion, Tony Johnson won, but he seriously needs to stop fighting in Russia because the two fights he has had there, he fights nothing like that and there is something very shady about that. Tony Johnson throws better stand up than that and his ground and pound offers much more punches than what he was throwing. Russian MMA looks very crooked to me. I have no respect for that kind of thing

6 fights in 11 months for Aleks at 37 years old...

Amazing athletic run hes on for a guy who was in prison and battled with alcoholism.

ya I actually had alex winning that fight but also its not a bad draw I gave him 1 and 3 he did a lot more damage in the third, he was just cut

Back