WESTWORLD Season 2

I definitely understand. I still watch game of thrones and bitch about that. But that's kinda different since I'm a book nerd. Now this is just my opinion but I think that alot of the people who just bash the fuck out of it just aren't getting it or are expecting something different.

What stupid things did you think they did to keep the plot moving? Maybe I'm biased don't want to notice the bad stuff.
Maeve and the Indian. I mean I get it and all but I think they could have gotten the same result in A LOT less screen time with the dozens of (forgettable)characters used to support their stories.

Lots of red herrings/things that were red herrings until they weren't. Samurai world, "is it a host or not", infinite timelines, etc.

I'm convinced they left a lot of things open ended because the showrunners really weren't sure which directions they wanted to take. Given how complex the story is it's a fair decision, but makes the first couple seasons a bit sloppy.

I'm excited for season 3 though since it should be much more put together and less all over the place.

Someone please explain the whole Delos memory of Logan scenario towards the end. Who re created him and had him around all the Books of Guests information.

Someone please explain the whole Delos memory of Logan scenario towards the end. Who re created him and had him around all the Books of Guests information.

The system that manages the forge decided to take Logan as its form.

Dunno how I feel about that finale and I'm done with Dolores, Maeve, and the Man in Black. Shame they kill a few people off just to have them back by the end of the episode.

Stubbs is a host?

Was the Emily that MiB killed a human or a host? Has she been torturing him all along?

Basically all those that went in the 'Promise Land' are doneskies right? As in the characters are probably not coming back? Peace out Ghost Nation.

Ready for the Bernard show, but not that excited about Westworld season 3 but will try to go in with optimism.

Well, a lot of shit happened in that finale. I wonder if re watching season 2 now would make it more enjoyable. Overall, season was not nearly as good as the first but the last 3 episodes were really good.

Dunno how I feel about that finale and I'm done with Dolores, Maeve, and the Man in Black. Shame they kill a few people off just to have them back by the end of the episode.

Stubbs is a host?

Was the Emily that MiB killed a human or a host? Has she been torturing him all along?

Basically all those that went in the 'Promise Land' are doneskies right? As in the characters are probably not coming back? Peace out Ghost Nation.

Ready for the Bernard show, but not that excited about Westworld season 3 but will try to go in with optimism.
Stubbs is human but considering all the people that he just lost, I don't think he cared if the boss lady was human or not.

The Emily that MiB killed was human. I don't think she was there to torture him.

I'm sure they'll find a way to bring them back if they really wanted to. However, it might take a season if the ratings really slip after this one.

Charlotte thing was a nice surprise.. i tagged her speaking differently a tiny bit before the reveal but only this episode

Emily (which died) is a human? Are you guys sure.. she mentioned she had something way worse in store for the MIB when talking to the Indian in EP8 or 9?.. could be empty talk or maybe Emily was a host/delores and the torture was to get MIB in a never ending loop that always ends up with him "killing" Emily.. Also how does Delores know what adult Emily looks like?

I hope they realize that humans are more interesting then hosts though.. best characters were William... Delos.. Logan.. Ford and then Human/host Arnorld/Bernard.. I may turn off next season if it's just the superior host race taking over from humans.. Delores.. Maiev and teddy are so bland and boring

Charlotte thing was a nice surprise.. i tagged her speaking differently a tiny bit before the reveal but only this episode

Emily (which died) is a human? Are you guys sure.. she mentioned she had something way worse in store for the MIB when talking to the Indian in EP8 or 9?.. could be empty talk or maybe Emily was a host/delores and the torture was to get MIB in a never ending loop that always ends up with him "killing" Emily.. Also how does Delores know what adult Emily looks like?

But wasn't the MIB at the end supposed to be in the real world, but in the future? After he sits down MIB asks Emily "Am I in the thing (cloud)" She says, "No, you're in the real world, well what's left of it." The shots of them talking in the forge, you can see the forge is decayed and maybe overgrown with vegetation in some parts.

So I figured at some point, real MIB became host MIB and then got stuck in a loop for some very long time. I don't know how we get there. We either have something wonky like, everything we've seen has been in his (MIB's) loop simulation; or, more likely, we're just dealing with yet another alternate timeline.

On another note, I think the giving Delores the memory balls and the host making machine, kinda kills the suspense of any characters meeting a truth death. At this point they could just rebuild body after body and throw the old memory ball in one and have another go. At least that's what the vague writing would have us believe. I mean, they have to bring some characters back. No way this show survives as the Delores and Bernard show.

So, for me, season 2 really came together in the last 3 episodes. I was confused at times, but for the most part I think they did a good job of tying the overall "ideas" together. I also think they set up the next season (or more) nicely. There's so much more they could do with the idea of simulated worlds and levels of those worlds (Jonathan Nolan is cribbing from his brother here), people as algorithms, and the nature of the mind. I'm glad the theory of mind became important to the plot again.

That isn't to say the season didn't have it's flaws, it feels like 90% or so of the real important plot developments happened in the last 3 episodes, and most of the previous episodes were filler. Peter Abernathy's character and most the conflict and drama around him and his core just turned out to be largely superfluous, IMO. He/his core was a macguffin, and I feel like the ending didn't need all that drama around him to happen.

Maeve's storyline also ended up being something of a dead end (although they left it hanging for a rescue). I was disappointed that it never came down to her taking control over anything other than herself and her daughter. It sure felt like they were building something much more important for her, even going so far as having Ford proclaim her his favorite child. I still think she could end up being much more important, but all she really did was providing some personal drama in a larger conflict. I hope there's more, because Thandie Newton chewing the scenery is fun. She's great on show.

In fact, the show has great actors doing great jobs despite the sometimes meandering plot. Bernard, Maeve, and the MiB are all great performances. Tessa Thompson was the perfect sleazy corporate cop. It's too bad they are really banking on Evan Rachel Wood as Delores, because I don't like her. She rubs me the wrong way.

While I was annoyed by there being a post credits thing (leave it to Marvel movies), what it showed us intrigued me. Clearly it was a different time than what we saw just before the credits. I'm not certain that the MiB before that was a host, I suspect not. But, the post credits scene he clearly is, and I think it's WAY in the future (and not a simulation), possibly one the robots have already won and taken over. But they're testing him over and over again. Why? Is it because Dolores is torturing him? Or is it because his algorithm has something special they haven't figured out. Too bad we'll have to wait to find out.

Season 2 was ok think I'm done with the show. Don't really have any interest in where the story line is headed. I'll check out the first episode next season and see.

Stubbs is a host?

I guess not even them quite known where the plot is headed

Stubbs is a host?

Dolores uploaded the Promise Land hosts to another server so if they want to bring them back in future seasons they can.

just watched the finale last night

last cut scene with MiB and his fidelity test really intrigued me ... has the MiB been a host the whole time? or is this so far in the future with an eventual MiB host?

crazy to ponder, but yea the season was a bit of a mess at times but overall not bad, with akechetas story clearly being a bright spot

Just finished binging Season 2, in three days.

Season 1 was absolutely amazing. Season 2 is a pseudo-intellectual mess. Season 3 seems cheesy as fuck, with the antagonist literally resurrecting the protagonist to keep the show going. Now they're making seasons for the sake of making seasons, not for storytelling purposes.

Last edited:
I have never seen a show go from so good to so bad in one season.

Season two is basically a continuation of season 1 with the writing continuing to empower the female characters and neuter the Male ones.

There has never been a show with so much potential and they blew it. They should have continued to focus on the tourists experiences in the park with the host stories being peripheral.

And they could have branched off into other parks focusing on different times. Would you want to live as a king in a castle? Or a gangster like Capone in the 20s? Hey maybe a sword fighter in the 13th century.

But noooooo. Let's obsess over the female characters subduing the Male characters we already have.

Fuck man, HBO in the 90s and 2000s was the shit.

I don't really care about the whole women\man thing. My main issue was it went from an interesting show about AI theme parks basically to Robots vs Humans. Which it did look like that's where it was headed to begin with which I'm fine with but they just did it so horribly wrong.

I completely forgot there is a season 2 of this. Watching it now.

For those of you confused about the anachronistic timelines:
There are three timelines at work: the immediate aftermath of the Delos board massacre, the two-weeks-later timeline (With the Delos paras), and some long-ago timeline wherein Dolores and Bernard are conversing(and they show Logan getting involved in the Westworld startup).

Helpfully, Bernard loses his glasses in his first two-weeks-later scene, making it easy for the us to tell when his scenes are taking place.

So, if Maeve has the passcode to shut down the hosts. Shouldn't the MiB have it too since he was like the owner of Delos/Westworld?

Westworld is a prime example of what happens when you take a well written story, that was season 1, and try to have a far worse writer give you it's next iteration in just a year. The story was terrible.

It would have been better to just give us one of the other parks like medevile world, or Rome world, like in the books.

Season 2 sucked, but compared to season 3 it was fucking Citizen Kane.

I have never seen a higher drop in quality between season 1 of Westworld and Season 3 of Westworld.

Season 3 is complete shit. Wow

Season 2 sucked, but compared to season 3 it was fucking Citizen Kane.

I have never seen a higher drop in quality between season 1 of Westworld and Season 3 of Westworld.

Season 3 is complete shit. Wow
game of thrones?

lost?

i didnt like s3 either and likely wont awtch the 4th season, but those shows fell off way harder. to me, s3 was just an average tv show, while s1 was top quality television.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back