WESTWORLD Season 2

Hot damn episode 8 was good. The directing, acting, cinematography and score all on point. By far the best episode in the entire season.

I've never been big on flashback/tangent episodes since they take you away from the main narrative. This one was done as well as it could have, however, and served an important point.

I find myself just sort of along for the ride. The show has (de?)evolved into a character drama, albeit a violent action one. It's a different show now, and since I've come to accept that, I don't mind what's going on as much. Not so say I appreciate it as much as the first season, but it's still one of the better shows on TV now.

Well, I should make it clear that the show has to initially grab me. It has to start off good, so I can hold out hope that it will get better. If I don't like it right out of the gate, I don't tend to go back, unless I hear some crazy good shit about it. I honestly can't think of an example of that ever happening, though.

Personally, I can think of two examples off the top of my head. I thought Season 5 of GOT was downright awful, but it bounced back nicely in season 6. Season 3 of Dexter was pretty mediocre compared to the first two seasons, but bounced back in season 4.

That's just me though. People hold different opinions on shows all the time, in terms of it dipping in quality for certain seasons, but then managing to get them back later on. The only show I actually gave up on completely, after initially loving it, is "The Walking Dead". I have absolutely no hope that it will ever find it's footing again. I probably would've abandoned "Dexter" as well, if it had continued past season 8.

For the record though, I don't think "Westworld" is bad. Not even close. It's just not as outstanding as some are heralding it as, and the cracks that started to show in last half of the first season, haven't been sealed up in this season.
I think the shows Weeds, Dexter, and Walking Dead are examples where shows will never bounce back from its former glory. For whatever reason I felt inclined to stick with Dexter because of time invested but I no longer applied that rationale with Weeds(when it was the mom vs her oldest son) or Walking Dead (after Corral dieded). I find these Sherdog threads more enjoying then the aforementioned shows once I cut them out of viewing

Was bored as fuck for this episode tbh.. until the end

Hopkins saves this show.. hbo needs to get him back full time

Don't really give a shit about Delores or Maeve's kid, and starting to care less about Maeve.

I'd rather follow Musashi around.

And then I watch episode 8. While this season's been pretty 'meh', episode 8 has been the best so far and a good episode on it's own.

Handneck's lady is must for a live action Pocahontas.

Last edited:
probably a bad move not somehow isolating maeve so she can't communicate with the other hosts.

interesting episode that certainly filled in some of the story.

Season 2 of this show has felt like a chore to keep up with pretty much right out of the gate. I haven’t felt any attachment to any of the characters, I don’t seem to care where this convoluted story is going, and I’m flat out bored while watching. Unless there’s some extraordinarily mind blowing wrap up to this season, I don’t see myself returning for the third season.

If you’ve liked this show, then that’s cool and more power to you, but I don’t think this is for me anymore.

I don’t really know what’s going on or really care to know.

Big difference compared to last season where i looked forward to every episode.

I have been liking the show for most of the season, but I was bored to tears with that last episode.
Yes, it was a beautiful episode, but why am I all of a sudden supposed to care about this Indian dude? And while that guy is a fine actor (ive seen him in plenty of other stuff) they should have had someone with more charisma in that role. I just could not care about him, or his love--especially at this point of the season, they needed someone else that could have really grabbed my attention. That guy just doesn't have a lot of stage presence. Should have put Khal Drago up in that piece.

And im usually fine with watching foreign films, but I got annoyed very quickly with how much I had to read with all the subtitles in this episode. Felt like 90% of the episode was in Cherokee.

I don’t really know what’s going on or really care to know.

Big difference compared to last season where i looked forward to every episode.
this ho w feel about legion too could watch every episode of season one twice and I couldn't even finish season 2.

I like this show a lot.
I still enjoy it. It's not as good as the first. It has somewhat changed directions, and is getting kind of sloppy. But I'll keep watching it, because I'm invested.

2nd best episode of the season IMO. Beautifully shot, made me care about a character that I had no connection to. Favorite episode is still episode 4 that focused on William and the Father in Law. This season has been really hit and miss for me. Outside episodes 4 and 8 I really haven't been too captivated.

Was bored as fuck for this episode tbh.. until the end

Hopkins saves this show.. hbo needs to get him back full time

Do you have ADD? I thought this episode was captivating. Season 2 hasn't been as good as season one, but this was a great standalone episode.

Really enjoyed the last episode. Everything is nicely set up for the last 2 episodes. I started off a bit dubious about this season, but it's been great since episode 3 or 4

I seem to be in the minority here in that I find this season even better than the first one.

Im kind of confused on the last part. Is Akecheta being sleeved inside Maeve's body?

I don't know what "sleeved" is, but AFAIK, he was communicating with Maeve through her daughter. When he was talking in English he was talking to the daughter and when he was speaking in his native tongue he was talking to Maeve.

HBO productions have always sucked at action scenes. Even the beloved series like Rome and Deadwood suffered from this. They're viewed as a necessary obstacle that impedes the story.

Pretty sure Battle Of The Bastards is the best action scene in TV show history. Makes your point kind of invalid

Back