Westside Vs The World, documentary

Many of the best have done both.
I agree. I was just at a meet over the weekend and there were at least 2 big names guys in Canada competing in PL. I spoke to both and they're there just for fun and to hang with friends.

I could care less. I am not praising them other than to say they're better tHan me at lifting

So you actually could care less than you do? So you're saying you do care?

I always wonder if there are any carryover strength from lifting with gear to lifting raw.

Maybe getting used to holding heavier weights? Kind of like using a slingshot to overload on bench. I couldn't give you an accurate example though as I've never lifted equipped.

I've seen raw lifters use a slingshot, boards, floor presses, whips and chains. All movements that we typically see with equipped lifting. I'm pretty sure that if this equipment is used correctly you can have plenty of carry-over.

That was a good example. Do you have any plans on lifting with gear?

When I first decided to compete I actually purchased an Inzer squat suit to test the waters. Needless to say I couldn't even get into the thing on my own. Maybe one day if my body starts giving out, but currently I'm loving life as a raw lifter.

Back