Westside Vs The World, documentary

Love the their own meets and gear arguments
Anyone can buy the gear or compete in their meets
Come beat them

Love that? What?

It's easy to say that and play the tough guy when the reason people don't buy the equipment and compete against them is because literally nobody outside their very small multi-ply circle gives a fuck about the garbage lifting they do.

Awesome deadlift!

Lift is...GOOD!!! World record!!!!

Last edited:
Love that? What?

It's easy to say that and play the tough guy when the reason people don't buy the equipment and compete against them is because literally nobody outside their very small multi-ply circle gives a fuck about the garbage lifting they do.

Awesome deadlift!

So you can beat them? Or don't care to? If you don't care too why bother getting worked up? WHo cares

Love that? What?

Awesome deadlift!

Holy shit, white lights????? How??

Holy shit, white lights????? How??
Because its our meet we can do what we feel.

This whole world record, national record, is getting out of hand. Divisions are getting a little crazy too.,

RPS just added the CorssFit division.
RPS sent out a FB post about why and how it works, but still. People shit on the IPF but they seem to be the best looking and most credible appearing out of all feds.

I have a buddy who is trying to change that, but he's got a huge battle ahead of him and will likely remain successful only to the small few who care.

Love that? What?

Awesome deadlift!

Those are pathetic lifts. I honestly cannot believe that anyone would white light either of those lifts, and I'm weak as fuck. As a lifter, I would actually be ashamed if a video of me came out that showed my lifts looking like that. That's cringe-worthy as hell.

It seems that Westside is build for people on steroids and equipped with all the gear. Then they make it even worse by using the loosest standards possible. I don't mind equipped lifting or even lifters on steroids. I just want there to be separate rosters for them so natties aren't competing against guys who've been on test for decades. That said, the standards of the lift should never change. Hell, an equipped squatter should have a deeper squat considering that entire part of the lift is where they receive the most assistance from the suit.

It's shameful to the sport, and anyone who thinks Westside is this ultimate badass group of lifters needs to stop buying the hype.

So you can beat them? Or don't care to? If you don't care too why bother getting worked up? WHo cares

I wasn't worked up. I was simply pointing out that your praise for them is a little unwarranted.

They can claim to all they'd like, but they don't respect the sport of powerlifting. At all.

I just want there to be separate rosters for them so natties aren't competing against guys who've been on test for decades.

There are untested divisions in powerlifting federations outside the IPF. That's obviously where these guys compete.

That said, the standards of the lift should never change.

They don't. That's the best/worst part. These guys get white lights from "judges" when they're not even coming close to adhering to the rules.

Hell, an equipped squatter should have a deeper squat considering that entire part of the lift is where they receive the most assistance from the suit.

No. That's not how it works.

Even with single ply, the further you go down, the further it becomes to go down any further. The suit can only stretch so much. When you see IPF single ply lifters miss squat openers, it's sometimes because they simply don't have enough weight on their back to hit depth.

With multi-ply, it's sometimes a case of there being so much suit/brief material around your hips, it binds up and you literally can't go down naymore. That being said, there are guys out there who squat to depth in multi-ply.

There are untested divisions in powerlifting federations outside the IPF. That's obviously where these guys compete.

Of course. I never said this didn't exist, only that's how I like it setup.

They don't. That's the best/worst part. These guys get white lights from "judges" when they're not even coming close to adhering to the rules.

Some people are following the rules and others are blatantly not. As I said, I would be ashamed if a video came out of my lifts looking like that. They, however, don't seem to give a fuck.

No. That's not how it works.

Even with single ply, the further you go down, the further it becomes to go down any further. The suit can only stretch so much. When you see IPF single ply lifters miss squat openers, it's sometimes because they simply don't have enough weight on their back to hit depth.

With multi-ply, it's sometimes a case of there being so much suit/brief material around your hips, it binds up and you literally can't go down naymore. That being said, there are guys out there who squat to depth in multi-ply.

That's no excuse for not hitting depth. Nobody puts a suit on for the first time the day of the meet. If you have issues hitting depth with a suit, then it's up to the lifter to fix the problem. It's not up to the organization to adjust their standards to help the lifter.

I'm just going to go ahead and say it, even though it used to be strictly taboo to open this debate again (it raged for about five years here until everyone was sick to death of it and people were getting carded for it):

I'd be perfectly happy if powerlifting was raw only, forever.

The only thing I think when I see a big equipped lift is, "I wonder what they can actually lift?"

Sorry. Just my opinion.

That's no excuse for not hitting depth. Nobody puts a suit on for the first time the day of the meet. If you have issues hitting depth with a suit, then it's up to the lifter to fix the problem. It's not up to the organization to adjust their standards to help the lifter.

I was simply explaining to you how it works, homie.

I wasn't worked up. I was simply pointing out that your praise for them is a little unwarranted.

They can claim to all they'd like, but they don't respect the sport of powerlifting. At all.

I could care less. I am not praising them other than to say they're better tHan me at lifting

I'd say Strongman look at powerlifting as boring

I'm just going to go ahead and say it, even though it used to be strictly taboo to open this debate again (it raged for about five years here until everyone was sick to death of it and people were getting carded for it):

I'd be perfectly happy if powerlifting was raw only, forever.

The only thing I think when I see a big equipped lift is, "I wonder what they can actually lift?"

Sorry. Just my opinion.

It's a valid point. As a raw lifter I think the same. And people outside of the sport don't get how equipped works. They just hear that some guy hit a 1000 lb squat and lose their shit. I think equipped is kind of going to the wayside. Out of the meets that I've spectator or competed in all the younger guys are raw.

I think equipped is kind of going to the wayside. Out of the meets that I've spectator or competed in all the younger guys are raw.

It's actually the opposite. Single ply seems to be experiencing a bit of a resurgence within the IPF.

It's actually the opposite. Single ply seems to be experiencing a bit of a resurgence within the IPF.
Please elaborate to include your rationale and/or any supporting facts.

I always wonder if there are any carryover strength from lifting with gear to lifting raw.

this was a great interview too, as well as the Louie Simmons ep of the Joe Rogan podcast [the only Rogan podcast I've seen in its entirety along with the Lance Armstrong ep].

Interesting interview, thanks.

Back