Westside Vs The World, documentary

Did you find any info on how they plan to release it? I'm hoping it's on Netflix.

They sure love being the bad guy.

Meh, I think eastern bloc Sheiko is superior for most natty lifters.

But a documentary that mainly consists of lifting, Sheiko making shashlik and him and his lifters drinking tea will not be nearly as interesting...

Why's everyone so angry? It's just picking things up and putting them down

It's going on 8 years since I stopped competing in powerlifting, but seeing old footage of Louie, Chuck V. and the old Westside crew still gets me fired up. Looking forward to checking this out. R.I.P. Matt Dimel.

Why's everyone so angry? It's just picking things up and putting them down
In the video? Steroids is known to cause mood swings.

But those guys are still good at what they do, so I would like to see it when it comes out.

Most overrated gym in the world.

They talk about all the world records they hold but they could never compete on the world stage. They needed to create their own comps with their own rules and their special suits.

o they are so hardcore....westside is great if you want to squat high in backyard meets in Ohio in multiply gear however

But a documentary that mainly consists of lifting, Sheiko making shashlik and him and his lifters drinking tea will not be nearly as interesting...

Well, that would depend on the shashlik.

Love the their own meets and gear arguments
Anyone can buy the gear or compete in their meets
Come beat them

Love the their own meets and gear arguments
Anyone can buy the gear or compete in their meets
Come beat them

Westside gets a lot of hate recently. I think it's short sighted. Westside might have been left behind a bit but the influence they have had on powerlifting is huge.

Training methodologies seem to go in cycles so I think conjugate will be back.

Wow these guys are so hardcore...

Almost as hardcore as my local LA Fitness.

this was a great interview too, as well as the Louie Simmons ep of the Joe Rogan podcast [the only Rogan podcast I've seen in its entirety along with the Lance Armstrong ep].

I used to read alot of tnation articles from Dave Tate, Jim Wendler, Kroc, Simmons, Meadows,..
All of them have an insane passion for the sport.
The system doesn't work for shit on natty people tho'... and 531 just doesn't have enough volume.
Smolov and sheiko are pretty much fail safe. Just do the reps and sets!

I used to read alot of tnation articles from Dave Tate, Jim Wendler, Kroc, Simmons, Meadows,..
All of them have an insane passion for the sport.
The system doesn't work for shit on natty people tho'... and 531 just doesn't have enough volume.
Smolov and sheiko are pretty much fail safe. Just do the reps and sets!
you can program 5/3/1 to have more volume than Smolov if you want, it all depends on what assistance template you use.

Back