Were you taught table manners growing up?

Yeah i am aware of the tradition. Been around asians all my life. Also slurping noodles is a thing. Doesnt stop me telling anyone that does it to shut their fricken mouth. Oh and wash your hands. Greasy door knobs is not cool.

It's ridiculous how many people I see in the restroom not wash their hands. It makes me wary of shaking dude's hands. It's so bad chicks ask me if I washed my hands if I go to the restroom during a date, and I have to tell them I didn't grow up in a third world country.

Yes. No elbows on the table, etc. I eat with the fork/knife in the wrong hands though, my mom gave up on trying to change that.

When i was a kid my father always told me not to eat using bare hands but instead use spoon and fork because if white people saw u eating using ur hands they will call u dogs.thats what my father told me.peace white people!:eek:

Dogs eat with hands ?

If dogs had hands they'd be masturbating, online insulting and punching each other 24/7.

So basically they'd be Sherdoggers.

yes my father was a big proponent of table manners - if he didn't think we could behave ourselves at dinner, we would have never gone out to eat.

i am the same with my kids

-do not start eating until we have all sat down
-chew with mouth closed
-elbows off the table
-use a knife and fork as soon as they can
-dont leave until you have asked to leave and are clearly done
-put your dishes in the sink/dishwasher

the one thing i do different is, my father made us eat everything on our plate - inevitably, our eyes were always bigger than our stomachs - i think that caused some diet issues with myself and i refuse to do that with my kids - we purposely give them small portions and if they say they are done before finishing it, then they are done. they don't get anymore if they're hungry an hour later though, dessert either. i'm not saying they need to eat a mound full of food, but rather take smaller portions and get more if they like - if they finish their plates then they can have dessert after we have cleaned up.

Back