Were you taught table manners growing up?

When i was a kid my father always told me not to eat using bare hands but instead use spoon and fork because if white people saw u eating using ur hands they will call u dogs.thats what my father told me.peace white people!:eek:
not gonna lie. I've eaten at some south Indian friends' houses and it does weird me out when they eat wet food with their hands.

Yea, we were. I hated eating with my family. If my sister or myself would spill something, my father would get all pissed and it ruined the mood.

I never grab food first, women and children first and as for chewing with your mouth open that shits gross.

This is why I eat alone, naked.. in my bath tub

Really children first ?

Wtf no way. Last on the pecking order. Also they stfu when adults speak.

When i was a kid my father always told me not to eat using bare hands but instead use spoon and fork because if white people saw u eating using ur hands they will call u dogs.thats what my father told me.peace white people!:eek:

And what kind of country of piss and shit does your father come from?

And what kind of country of piss and shit does your father come from?
are you from sovjet union?

I have been wearing the tenyashka, comrade. Such a perfect shirt. It is no wonder that the CCCP was such a great nation with it's soldiers being so comfortable and absolutely fabulous.

"You sound poor"

is the only proper response to anyone who wasn't taught table manners.

I have been wearing the tenyashka, comrade. Such a perfect shirt. It is no wonder that the CCCP was such a great nation with it's soldiers being so comfortable and absolutely fabulous.

Nope. I m from Québecstan.

Asian people who smack their chops eating need to get their face smacked

Asian people who smack their chops eating need to get their face smacked
Chewing with your mouth open isn't traditionally considered bad table manners where I'm from so it's the old people who are the most egregious offenders. Young people are the ones who have more tact.

I was forced to use my knife in my right hand.

Fucking horrific state of affairs.

I'm Italian.

My entire family is horrified that I twirl my spaghetti counter clockwise.

Apparently I'm an abomination.

Chewing with your mouth open isn't traditionally considered bad table manners where I'm from so it's the old people who are the most egregious offenders. Young people are the ones who have more tact.
Yeah i am aware of the tradition. Been around asians all my life. Also slurping noodles is a thing. Doesnt stop me telling anyone that does it to shut their fricken mouth. Oh and wash your hands. Greasy door knobs is not cool.

Yes sir, i eat like a gentleman, i also think i could hold my own in some sort of dinner in a jane austin movie, thats how far my skills go

Waldo is Russian?

Yes sir, i eat like a gentleman, i also think i could hold my own in some sort of dinner in a jane austin movie, thats how far my skills go
It's not too bad, start with the outermost utensils and work your way in after each course. But once in a while they're throw in one of these WTF spoons and mess up my jam for a minute:

Sauce-seafood_spoon_(4711506388).jpg

After a while, it's like whatever. Don't care what others think of my eating. I'm gonna eat my food with whatever utensils you throw at me and enjoy it.

Ha! You just know that pinoy was continuously shoveling rice in his mouth while talking non-stop...then sat back and sucked his teeth, savoring every last morsel like it was filet mignon. Of course if you use a toothpick and don't cover your mouth with the other hand, it's considered bad manners....lol.

My wife has decent table manners, but when she's pissed at me, she'll start using her hands like that, just to annoy me....haha.
You get annoyed by south-east asian eating habits? Most malays and indians here would eat with their bare hands.

I eat with fork in my right hand and knife in my left. People who dont are weird to me

You get annoyed by south-east asian eating habits? Most malays and indians here would eat with their bare hands.
Is normal. It's only annoying when you're eating somewhere nice and they are still in pig-sounds mode with the smacking, slurping and sucking noises and you can still see what they're eating after they've taken a bite...or when my wife eats like that in front of my kid. Hell, my own table manners suck now after so many years here. I can barely eat with just a fork...I need a spoon and a fork pusher. :D

My mom and dad were very fat. I was taught to hurry up and make a plate or go hungry. Instead of passing bread they broke wind.

I hate it when people don't stand when a women gets up from the table. Lazy disrespectful assholes.

BTW I am sporting the French equivalent of the tenyashka, which is called a marinière. Looks good but you have to be pretty slim to pull it off, though.

That's why I alway wear a hoodie with a zip over it :)

Back