Were you taught table manners growing up?

My nephew who just turned 21 eats like a fucking asshole. I don't whant to be a cunt and correct him, but it drives me nuts.

Not by my own parents but I was sort of co-raised by my best friends mom and she was really strict. One thing she used to yell at me for that kind still do to this day is I cut my food with my fork in my left and my knife in my right then I switch them then I eat it. I don't even realize I do it lol

My aunt was very strict especially when it came to eating at the table s:

One thing I hated was having to spoon ecery drop of milk after eating my cereal. Drinking it out seemed much better idea lol but that wasn't allowed.
Straw?

I work w/ a guy that is in his 60's that never chews with his mouth closed. I don't see it. I hear it. Finally, I asked him if he ever chewed with his mouth closed. He said "Sometimes" with some attitude. Anyways, everyone thinks that I am a mean asshole now but I don't have to listen to that shit anymore.

If you werent/arent your parents should be horse whipped.

Few things are as irritating as eating with sloppy pigs. This includes assholes who chew gum with their mouths open.

Everybody is in a rush now. You're SUPPOSED to put your fork/spoon down between each bite to engage in table conversation. I don't see anybody do that anymore.

Some poeple will sleep with dates before eating in front of them. They are too self conscious about eating in front of others and doing something considered impolite or uncouth.

I was forced to use my knife in my right hand.

Fucking horrific state of affairs.

When i was a kid my father always told me not to eat using bare hands but instead use spoon and fork because if white people saw u eating using ur hands they will call u dogs.thats what my father told me.peace white people!:eek:

I ate with chopsticks growing up so I never knew how to properly use a knife and fork. Some skater dude at my college was eating with such poise and grace that I asked him what he was doing. He said some European dude taught him to eat properly. So that's why I eat foods European style, with the knife as the aggressor, and the fork never leaving my left hand.

But only in public.

At home I eat with my hands with mouth open.

When i was a kid my father always told me not to eat using bare hands but instead use spoon and fork because if white people saw u eating using ur hands they will call u dogs.thats what my father told me.peace white people!:eek:
Filipino spoon

maxresdefault.jpg

Man, when in rome...

Filipino spoon

maxresdefault.jpg

Man, when in rome...
Ha! You just know that pinoy was continuously shoveling rice in his mouth while talking non-stop...then sat back and sucked his teeth, savoring every last morsel like it was filet mignon. Of course if you use a toothpick and don't cover your mouth with the other hand, it's considered bad manners....lol.

My wife has decent table manners, but when she's pissed at me, she'll start using her hands like that, just to annoy me....haha.

I'd get a solid telling-off for chewing with my mouth open, eating too quickly, or eating before everyone else is ready to eat, so that's how I've always been. Some kids eat like savages, and it triggers misophonia in me, really bad.

Like every generation, we have "kids nowadays..."

When I was a kid, I was taught to chew with my mouth closed. Most kids I knew also chewed with their mouths closed. And you certainly didnt talk with food crammed in your mouth.

But I have noticed that no longer seems to be the case. In fact, it seems like chewing with your mouth open and talking is accepted as normal. I just watched this Gatorade nutrition bar commercial where they show a bunch of different athletes singing some song while stuffing their face with the bar. I really hate that and was just curious if you millenials were ever taught that it is rude and gross

Yes.

People used to read books like this, even goto classes on it. To suggest it nowadays would be tantamount to Kicking a hippy I should think.
il_340x270.1099814734_243n.jpg

People are filthy critters nowadays.

You bet your ass I was. Not a meal goes by without me burping to show appreciation for hostess' cooking.

Yes.

People used to read books like this, even goto classes on it. To suggest it nowadays would be tantamount to Kicking a hippy I should think.
il_340x270.1099814734_243n.jpg

People are filthy critters nowadays.
And they used to dress like this all day, every day.

allison-steadman-as-mrs-bennet-pride-and-prejudice-1995-bbc.jpg

You can tell how poor people are by how they eat
I'm starting to think that were have at least two and maybe as many as 4 generations of trash went up the -economic ladder much now the socio- one.

You definitely encounter a huge % of people 40 and under who are uncouth as fuck at the table.

Back