Were you impressed that Stipe took those hard...

Punches from Francis? Does that eliminate the Struve fluke from your memory?

"
Where you impressed that Stipe took those hard..."

Where WERE you when you realized you WERE the only one who didnt finish high school......

Stipe landed a good punch in the first or second and hurt him but instead of sitting down on a punch after, he started chasing Francis and lunging with his punches and came up short. He could’ve ended the fight if he would’ve relaxed a bit.

He didn't take what Overeem took, but still took hard shots.

I have never really been clear why a man with such an incredibly decorated striking background has been blasted out so many times in his career by men with inferior striking backgrounds? When this man came over to the UFC the book on him was that his striking was so dominant and nobody would dare stand with him. Years later he has been decimated on the feet over and over.

Stipe has a serious beard. Ngannou really showed up too. I was expecting gassed Ngannou to look a lot worse but he held up even though Stipe was making him wear his weight.

Heavyweight gets shit on for gassing but frankly, if the smaller fighters could move up up and out-work them, they would. But they can’t. These heavies pose too much risk.

Stipe Miocic: Baddest person on the planet, proven in competition.

Moreso he didn't get caught off balance the way Reem and Arvloski did, plus Ngannou lacked the technique to followup when he looked to have him somewhat hurt.

Yep, his balance is very good for a HW that throws with power. Strikers in MMA tend to over extend and get into trouble while throwing wild combinations. All those shots he faded with head movement were awesome!

Especially those shots he slipped in the pocket while flat footed. Granted Francis was already a bit faded, but still..

fedor+head+movement+big+gif.gif

Yep, his balance is very good for a HW that throws with power. Strikers in MMA tend to over extend and get into trouble while throwing wild combinations. All those shots he faded with head movement were awesome!

Especially those shots he slipped in the pocket while flat footed. Granted Francis was already a bit faded, but still..

fedor+head+movement+big+gif.gif

Honestly watching this fight I do have to wonder did lighting strike twice with Arlovski and Reem ala Soko with Lil Nog and Arona? Ngannou did not look like a fighter capable of landing shots that accurate consistently in this fight. I mean Stipe had decent defence but he's not a ghost.

I have never really been clear why a man with such an incredibly decorated striking background has been blasted out so many times in his career by men with inferior striking backgrounds? When this man came over to the UFC the book on him was that his striking was so dominant and nobody would dare stand with him. Years later he has been decimated on the feet over and over.
If he had half a chin, he'd have 0 or at least very few losses. He has a very underrated, and good ground game, and obviously exellent striking.

Back