Were you impressed that Stipe took those hard...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Punches from Francis? Does that eliminate the Struve fluke from your memory?

He took some shots for sure, but he landed plenty of his own too. I thought it was a great fight

Stipe's movement was just good enough to eliminate some of the sting. It might have been worse if Stipe got dropped, but he did good to not go down, and got in on Francis' legs for a takedown.

He didn't take what Overeem took, but still took hard shots.

I was worried for him every time Francis uncorked an uppercut. He handled the storm well and then took over. The combos he threw and landed had Ngannous head snapping back pretty good.

Francis got a chin tho and nobody is talking about it. Not many motherfuckers would have survived those punches from Stipe.

I am disspoint in you join date 2007. If you actually followed MMA, you would know that Stipe told us from the get go that he was training to roll his head with Ngannou's punches.

Stipe took big shots from JDS in a 5 round war AFTER the struve fight, what the hell are you even talking about? hahahahaha

Stipe has a good chin and he had movement. He took a flush punch from Overeem.

Ngannou hardly landed anything. Stipe landed the better shots on the feet too, by far.

Also you should go rewatch the Strueve fight. The KO happened because Stripe slipped on the canvas. Stipe was circling away and slipped and then Strueve used that opportunity to nail him. That's literally the definition of a fluke...far more then others who call legit KOs flukes. Stripe literally "slipped on a banana peel" i.e the definition of fluke

Very impressive. Rare and a must have at heavy weight. Stipe miogoatic

Every time Francis was unloading uppercuts i saw shades of Overeem, but Stiotic weathered the storm well!

What a crafty fighter!

he has an incredible chin. not surprising considering the size of his head. so does ngannou for that matter.
a more patient approach from ngannou would see a much more balanced fight.

Stipe's movement was just good enough to eliminate some of the sting. It might have been worse if Stipe got dropped, but he did good to not go down, and got in on Francis' legs for a takedown.

Moreso he didn't get caught off balance the way Reem and Arvloski did, plus Ngannou lacked the technique to followup when he looked to have him somewhat hurt.

Yes, I was impressed!

But fucking lol at the Struve fluke part!!!

Back