Were Yoel's kneestomps dirty?

Kneestomps dirty technique?

• Total voters
No they just miss. They are in fact performing oblique kicks.

Yoel lept up and came down at a downward angle directly at the Knee. Even stated he was targeting the Knee.

Oblique kick is done standing and is a push kick to the upper thigh or shin with the sole of your foot.

Not sure how you think leaping up and forward at a downward angle equates to a push kick.

Ps Jones even says "what I do is target the Knees with "oblique kicks" [insert JBJ laughing Gif]

Dirty. That kick isn't dirty if landed above the knee on the thigh but when you land it literally on the side of someone's knee, like what Romero did, and tweak the knee itself it is very dirty

I feel they are dirty no matter who is doing it.

straight up bitch move. imo

How many injuries have we seen from those kicks to date? Is it still zero? Because it has been zero for as long as I can remember.

I still don't quite grasp the concept of small joint manipulation being illegal. But, a possible career ending technique like an oblique kick, is legal.

There's not enough time to tap before getting your finger snapped clean off. Blah, blah, blaaaaahhhhh.

Where exactly is there time to tap to an oblique kick ?

I hate obliques. But, they are completely legal. I just don't understand why they're legal.

Yoel has done some shady stuff before but last night was fine.

Not sure why this is allowed at this point in MMA.

Disgusting tactic from the Hackson camp

I couldn't help but think those kneestomps were dirty as hell. I know people are trying to cause brain trauma in there and that this is fighting. But Yoel looked like he was trying to mangle Robert's leg. Like he was literally trying to break it in half.

Were those stomps dirty? Is Yoel a dirty fighter? Is this the same thing that Bones does in his fights? Is Bones a dirty fighter?

Bones a dirty fighter? The dirtiest.

How many injuries have we seen from those kicks to date? Is it still zero? Because it has been zero for as long as I can remember.

It's zero.

And still people claim they are incredibly dangerous and debilitating and can end careers....
The same people probably didn't give two shits about the eyepokes in DC vs Jones 1.

I don’t have a problem with them because both fighters have the option of using that technique so if someone throws one you can then shatter their knee with one in the next exchange.

nope_zps9cfa59f3.gif~original

Yoel lept up and came down at a downward angle directly at the Knee. Even stated he was targeting the Knee.

Oblique kick is done standing and is a push kick to the upper thigh or shin with the sole of your foot.

Not sure how you think leaping up and forward at a downward angle equates to a push kick.

Ps Jones even says "what I do is target the Knees with "oblique kicks" [insert JBJ laughing Gif]

Sigh, listen to me. Oblique kicks are aimed at the area just above the kneecap. The thigh if you like. They can cause a hyperextension of the knee and are designed, like teep kicks, to halt the forward progress of your opponent. Whether you aim at the knee or just above the knee, the goal is the exact same, to hyperextend the knee and halt the forward progress of your opponent. If you think attacking the knee is not ok then fine, I can dig it, I don't agree but I understand it.

When I think of "kneestomp," I picture a fighter lying down and his opponent stomping downward on his knee, which is parallel to the mat. What we're talking about is more of a kick than a stomp. Anyway, I don't like the move but at the same time, I also cringe whenever a fighter grabs on to another fighter's ankle. I have a sensitivity to knee injuries so all these maneuvers kind of freak me out. But they're legal, so it is what it is.

Glad someone brought up Dan Henderson. Easily my least favorite fighter of all time. Not sure how he has maintained such a great reputation around the sport considering what he does to his KO'd opponents. Could learn a little something from Mark Hunt.

If it's legal, not really dirty. Only legal thing that I think is dirty is fake glove touching.

You don't understand the meaning of "dirty" in sport.

"Dirty" is when an athlete does something that is legal, but there is a gentleman's agreement to not do it.

Dan Henderson is "dirty" because he throws bombs on opponents who are already unconscious, when he doesn't have to. That is dirty. It is legal, but does he have to? No.

What are you talking about? No such thing as a gentlemens agreement in UFC and I highly doubt that Romero and Whittaker met up prior to the fight and agreed not to throw oblique kicks.

Also Dan Henderson who attempts to give brain damage to an already knocked out oppenant isn't dirty, it's more of a douchey thing, considering he's won the match already at that point.

Whittaker is out until next year.

Unless they reel this in, expect more fighters to fight less than one time per year.

they are legal so not dirty

should be banned though

Depends on who's receiving them. Kneestomping Bisping I think we would all be fine with. But doing it someone like Shogun or Mousasi would be dirty.

No they shouldn't be banned.

If anything fighters need to learn how to counter the oblique kicks with timing, speed and angles.

Simply just throwing hooks and haymakers in a straight line will not work

Back