Werdum was doing the windmill

dfoster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Before his striking got good, Werdum had this habit of doing the windmill with his head down... it looks he did it again right before he got KO'd. I think when you're tired or stressed, you tend to revert back to your former habit and forget your training. He did the same thing when JDS KO'd him with an uppercut.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I really enjoyed his attempted slap fight with arlovski back in the day.

Before his striking got good, Werdum had this habit of doing the windmill with his head down... it looks he did it again right before he got KO'd. I think when you're tired or stressed, you tend to revert back to your former habit and forget your training. He did the same thing when JDS KO'd him with an uppercut.

giphy.gif

Werdum's ear hasn't stopped wiggling since.

Fabricio has improved his striking from distance but hasn't really learned any craft in the pocket aside from the windmill and grabbing a Thai plum. In the infamous sparring vid vs Wand, the windmill was in full display.

Werdum's striking seemed to have really improved but he looked bad today. I think the Stipe KO ruined his confidence.

I feel bad for Werdum this probably kill any chance of a title shot ever, and to think if Overeem 3 was a five rounder like this he wins easy, if this was 3 rounder tonight he takes it. MMA is a harsh mistress guess it good he got back on commentary.

Fuck it he went for it..a safe fighter would have clinched.

giphy.gif

After 3 1/2 rounds of trying to ground fight he said fuck it and decided to go out on his shield. Props to Werdum who didn't even have to take this fight. Unlike some cop - caller like Colby who has decided to sit out and duck everyone.

He does tend to drop his head and swing which leaves him open to uppercuts. He gets a pass today due to being gassed

He was gassed and desperate. Blew his wad trying to pass guard and GNP and had nothing left by the third round so he closed his eyes and tried to hit a homerun. Volkov was a lot fresher and put him away.

Honestly though whilst he's clearly become more dangerous standing I think there's always been a weakness when it comes to defencive boxing.

I feel bad for Werdum this probably kill any chance of a title shot ever, and to think if Overeem 3 was a five rounder like this he wins easy, if this was 3 rounder tonight he takes it. MMA is a harsh mistress guess it good he got back on commentary.

he's a form ufc hw champ, tapped out fedor and cain. there's nothing left for him to achieve at all. i assume he just loves fighting but maybe its time to call it quits at 40

dude's got plenty of avenues to make money - training, commentary, wwe... plus he seems like a smart guy who saved his cash

Werdum had to take chances because he was losing the fight. He only went wild in the 4th round in a fight he was losing.

Dude looked like to straight up fell off a cliff.

He looked absolutely pathetic.

He was already hurt when he stood back up, his head got bounced off the canvas by a shot right before this GIF.. plus he was gassed, so that flurry there was his last attempt to make something happen (kill or be killed). Better than just sinking against the cage and accepting defeat like a bitch like we've seen many guys do.

giphy.gif
Yep. Werdum was winning that exchange early. If you watch carefully, he starts looking down as soon as Volkov connects with something and that's when it unraveled for him. Volkov kept his head up and his eyes on his opponent, even when getting punched in the face, and that was the difference.

Dude was gassed and was in a fight which would have been stopped by the doctor soon. His eye was a bloody, injured mess and nearly swollen shut. He swung poorly while rocked and got put away.

The guy is 40 and reached the top of both BJJ and MMA in his day (I had him as No. 1 two times, after both the Fedor and the Cain wins). I've got nothing but respect for Werdum.

Back