Werdum flops and gets hate, Maia does it and gets embraced.

Mixfight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How many stinkers does Maia need to have for people to start admitting hes one of the most boring figthers in the sport? Flopping to his back and gassing from 2 rounds of fighting. Hope he retires and never fights on a main event again. Stinker after stinker.

I called him out on it. In the Fight Thread, I stated that Maia was making BJJ look embarrassing. It looked like some beta nerd shit to me (as I have been saying since joining Sherdog). LOL

Gotta agree. He’s been the common denominator in some shitfests

I haven't really heard anyone praising Maia for doing it.

I think in both cases, most of us just laughed at it.

He used to be a lot more boring imo before he had any striking skills at all

It is a bad tactic and worthy of criticism. As for Werdum getting more flack that is probably because he is an asshole. He talks shit and runs his mouth whereas Maia doesn't. Maia has a fighting style that can be boring but his personality isn't really off putting.

It just shows that being only good at one thing (BJJ} does not get you far enough these days. Time to retire.

Because maia is a classy face and Werdum is a mean heel.

Yeah its that stupid face Werdum does. Someone will post it.

I came down from 185 to cower from 170s. Please, ref, make this guy climb on top of me because I never learned to fight. I'm laying here with my legs open and ready

BJJ is such a manly art to be proud of. :rolleyes:

For an entertainment company it;s a nightmare, however for not getting fucked up Maia seems to have the best techniques.

No matter how scary they are they can't fuck him up.

It just shows that being only good at one thing (BJJ} does not get you far enough these days. Time to retire.

It got him a title shot in 2 diff divisions?

But Maia didn't trash talk the whole camp. Werdum was going to son REEM... Flopping is for Basketball... Leave it to the professionals. :eek:

How many stinkers does Maia need to have for people to start admitting hes one of the most boring figthers in the sport? Flopping to his back and gassing from 2 rounds of fighting. Hope he retires and never fights on a main event again. Stinker after stinker.

This is what both werdum and maia do when they are in survival mode...early in the fight, maia wasn't flopping at all..he was legit trying to take usman down...once he realized, it wasn't happening and he was losing badly, and getting tired, that is when he starts the half shoot, pull guard, lay there, catch your breath, act like your trying to get the fighter to come in your guard, but you're really just trying to rest...pure survival tactic, just like all the bjj guys do....

Subconcious race bias......and BJJ bias since bjj is a forgetten art in modern MMA thus the hipsters root for him.

Its funny how both Anderson Silva and Tyron got blamed...but maia, the guy who was obviously losing but was afraid to push action, isnt blamed lol

Flopping is a disgrace, but winning the ring generalship by butt scooting is next to godliness.
25zkles.jpg

This is what both werdum and maia do when they are in survival mode...early in the fight, maia wasn't flopping at all..he was legit trying to take usman down...once he realized, it wasn't happening and he was losing badly, and getting tired, that is when he starts the half shoot, pull guard, lay there, catch your breath, act like your trying to get the fighter to come in your guard, but you're really just trying to rest...pure survival tactic, just like all the bjj guys do....

Unfortunately for Maia people who are tuning in want to see fighting and not 3 rounds of pathetic flopping and gassed survival.

Back