Werdum fined $600 for boomerang assault

ALREADY A THREAD ON THIS

jGo5RkX.jpg

Money well spent. It was worth at least 25k to the MMA community.

For 600 I bet he buys some more boomerangs with Colby's name on it. Every time he see's him he will boomerang him and it can become a thing.

In the US he would be fined 600.000 probably
What about in Brazil? How does the law work over there? Do they even have laws? The law of the jungle? The things I have heard about that place from Colby are not nice

40kph over is a fuck of a lot and you deserve a bigger fine than that. Edit: in Euros, I guess it's appropriate. Not too high though by any means.
Depends on your point of view I guess. In Germany many highways are without a speed limit and there aren't more accidents happening there. So speed limits on highways are arbitrary anyway I think. 160 km per hour isn't that fast either.

All jokes aside this has been pretty much classed as assault, wonder if it'll effect his future US Visas because they're strict as fuck.

Doubtful, we're very lenient here especially when it comes to stuff that can effect your ability to work like a criminal record.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/12/fabricio-werdum-fined-600-dollars-boomerang-assault-colby-covington

Former UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum was fined $600 for hitting Colby Covington with a boomerang outside the host hotel for UFC Fight Night 121.

Werdum, 40, no-showed his court date for the incident, which was captured in two different videos. The court still heard his case and fined him the amount, according to 9News in Sydney.

MMAjunkie was unable to immediately reach Werdum for comment. In a text message on Wednesday, Covington, 29, wrote to MMAjunkie, “Guilty as charged. He’s lucky I told them to take it easy on him.”

He told them to go easy on him. haha first, the guy lives thousands of miles away...how are they or anyone else going to enforce any such punishment....You really think Werdum would pay any amount? They could sentence him to 10 years in prison....good luck trying to get him there from brazil. Not going to happen...

What if Covington was actually injured by the boomerang? Concussion, eye damage, broken nose etc. Could have easily happened.
He didn't throw a boomerang. He threw a plastic shopping bag that just happened to have a plastic souvenir boomerang in it.

I think the fine is for desecrating such a national treasure as the boomerang, but let colby think whatever he wants

Doubtful, we're very lenient here especially when it comes to stuff that can effect your ability to work like a criminal record.
The US aren't lenient at all? I know somebody who got turned back for a simple caution on his record from 10 years prior for assault, fucked his entire holiday up.

Not sure if you are trolling but I think somewhere it was said it was a plastic souvenir boomerang, Worst he could have had is a small cut or light eye damage.

Not trolling, was not aware that it was a plastic souvenir boomerang. I assumed it was a standard wood one.

In that case, it's even sillier.

The US aren't lenient at all? I know somebody who got turned back for a simple caution on his record from 10 years prior for assault, fucked his entire holiday up.

I'm talking about Australia. Our justice system makes a deliberate attempt not to leave offenders with anything that fucks with their ability to work. Fucking with a persons ability to get a job undermines the whole rehabilitation system is the view so they try very hard to avoid it.

I'm not sure how well it works pertaining to visa but if you do something stupid here they try to slap the wrist as gently as possible.

Should be a harsher penalty, Colby has CTE because of that boomerang.

They should have made him go to a seniors center for a few hours with a didgeridoo for community service.

Should be a harsher penalty, Colby has CTE because of that boomerang.
He has PTS because of all the sand stuck in his vagina .

A reminder: Colby has a DUI and attempted to escape police.
Oh, and he was charged for assault.

Filthy animal!

I'm talking about Australia. Our justice system makes a deliberate attempt not to leave offenders with anything that fucks with their ability to work. Fucking with a persons ability to get a job undermines the whole rehabilitation system is the view so they try very hard to avoid it.

I'm not sure how well it works pertaining to visa but if you do something stupid here they try to slap the wrist as gently as possible.
Ah right no I was referring to the US as that's where most ufc events are held, they take any sort of criminal record very serious, some big celebrities have lost their visas in the past.

Back