Werdum fined $600 for boomerang assault

All jokes aside this has been pretty much classed as assault, wonder if it'll effect his future US Visas because they're strict as fuck.

Doubt it, he's well off and well connected enough and there isn't any political reason to give him trouble

Doubt it, he's well off and well connected enough and there isn't any political reason to give him trouble
No such thing as being too well connected imo, professional football players from the UK are refused entry and they're a lot more connected and well off than a ufc fighter.

All jokes aside this has been pretty much classed as assault, wonder if it'll effect his future US Visas because they're strict as fuck.

When I saw this thread, I immediately thought that they plea bargained it down to something like "criminal mischief" or similar.

Cheap publicity
Also a lot cheaper than flying to Australia to attend court.

Obviously the whole thing Colby said about having a video of Werdum punching him is BS.

No such thing as being too well connected imo, professional football players from the UK are refused entry and they're a lot more connected and well off than a ufc fighter.

..are they in the US professionally though? Werdum is working for a billion dollar sports company, that's pretty dam well connected.

Yeah if Werdum actually punched him i doubt it would be just 600 bucks.
Also few days later after the incident on Helwani's show Colby shows up with no black eye or any other marks on his face that would indicate he was hit in the face. That stuff doesnt go away this fast

For this money, he should have thrown 3 or 4 boomerangs.

That's a well spent money.

We need to start a gofundme page for W' Cody has ruined him financially. Do not mess with Cody people, or reap the consequences, ha.

I think Covington is a huge dirtbag and this is a silly incident but assault is assault.

Werdum is an equally huge asshole.

What if Covington was actually injured by the boomerang? Concussion, eye damage, broken nose etc. Could have easily happened.

I guess laws in Australia are much laxer with regards to using a hunting weapon on a person.

Not sure if you are trolling but I think somewhere it was said it was a plastic souvenir boomerang, Worst he could have had is a small cut or light eye damage.

..are they in the US professionally though? Werdum is working for a billion dollar sports company, that's pretty dam well connected.
it doesn't matter if you have any sort of criminal record you need to apply for a visa to even enter the United States, and even if you get a visa they can still turn you back at the gates, it's mental.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/12/fabricio-werdum-fined-600-dollars-boomerang-assault-colby-covington

Former UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum was fined $600 for hitting Colby Covington with a boomerang outside the host hotel for UFC Fight Night 121.

Werdum, 40, no-showed his court date for the incident, which was captured in two different videos. The court still heard his case and fined him the amount, according to 9News in Sydney.

MMAjunkie was unable to immediately reach Werdum for comment. In a text message on Wednesday, Covington, 29, wrote to MMAjunkie, “Guilty as charged. He’s lucky I told them to take it easy on him.”
thats not how the Aussie system works..... Once a charge is filed its out of your hands and up to the judge.... Fuck that guy is a idiot.

So a boomerang is worth 600 $ while a thrown can of monster energy results in a 150.000$ fine. Interdasting<mma4>
Not the same thing at all. Werdum threw the boomerang directly at the person he wanted to hit, and the boomerang hit him flush but did no damage. A full can of soda thrown into a crowd has potential to do a lot of damage to an innocent person..

Luckily they don't do that. However, our tickets are pretty damn expensive compared to our neighbouring countries. If you exceed the speed limit by more than 40 km per hour the height of the fine is determined by the prosecutor. 50 km per hour over the limit is between 670 and 770 euros (could be higher for repeat offenders). Same violation in Germany is around 240 euros.
40kph over is a fuck of a lot and you deserve a bigger fine than that. Edit: in Euros, I guess it's appropriate. Not too high though by any means.

Last edited:
I knew it would come back to him

Back