Werdum fights beautifully

People bashing him for low hands in defence... in MMA a high guard dont stop punches anyway, is distance control plus movement that avoid punches... (he dont have this either, but bashing someone for lowguard is bullshit)

I hate the guy for all the shit he talked about Fedor of all people, prefight. He was super irritating and disrespectfull, without cause.
From then on I just cannot warm up to the guy.

Stipe would beat his ass again. His standup is not good. It only looks good in comparison to shitty strikers in the HW division. Tybura lost to a guy that got TKO'ed by a guy wearing a fkin diaper.

I am sure the ghost of Junior Dos Santos could beat Werdum as well even if he is a big cheaty cheaterton.
Stipe has one of the best boxing in whole MMA, the best striking game in HW division, this doesn't mean shit, Werdum's striking still world class even being worse than Stipe's.

Oh my god HOW IT'S NOT GOOD he is beating everyone on the feet! To a HW of course it's good, you can't compare a HW striking to a LW, again. JDS couldn't do shit to Stipe, Werdum was more competitive and connected some punches, watch it again. JDS had no business with Overeem, who Werdum went full 3rd and dropped him.

Werdum has done badly against good strikers, dropped repeatedly by Hunt (his feinted takedown into knee is one of the only tactics he pulls striking wise). Lost to Overeem, knocked out by Santos and Stipe. You clearly don't know what you're talking about, he always wades in with punches that get him countered and/or KO'd. The one thing he does well is that his BJJ is so good that he doesn't have to worry about getting taken down so he can kick without fear.

That doesn't make him a good striker, and it certainly doesn't make him a world class striker. Honestly his boxing isn't even as good as a guy like Frank Mir.
Overeem, JDS and Stipe are arguably the best 3 strikers at HW division, being worse than them doesn't make you not world class lv, he beat Hunt on the feet, even Overeem struggled to some extent, it's fucking Mark Hunt! i'd say nowadays Werdum would beat JDS to be real, JDS clinch is dead and he doesn't has the same speed of before, just look what happened to JDS against Overeem and what happened at Werdum-Overeem fight. His striking is MT based, not boxing like JDS's.

Stipe has one of the best boxing in whole MMA, the best striking game in HW division, this doesn't mean shit, Werdum's striking still world class even being worse than Stipe's.

Oh my god HOW IT'S NOT GOOD he is beating everyone on the feet! To a HW of course it's good, you can't compare a HW striking to a LW, again. JDS couldn't do shit to Stipe, Werdum was more competitive and connected some punches, watch it again. JDS had no business with Overeem, who Werdum went full 3rd and dropped him.
JDS is 1-1 against Stipe. Werdum is 0-1. Try again.

Also, this post doesn't line up with your previous post in which you said and I quote "the only ones who could beat Werdum in stand up fight are probably Hunt and Volkov"...... Oh yeah, I forgot his name is Hunt Miocic or is it Stipe Volkov? Quit playing games, son.

Werdum would get KTFO'ed again by Stipe with his "I'm gonna run at you with my chin up in the air elite strikes bro!".

Give him a boomerang so he stands a chance.

Overeem, JDS and Stipe are arguably the best 3 strikers at HW division, being worse than them doesn't make you not world class lv, he beat Hunt on the feet, even Overeem struggled to some extent, it's fucking Mark Hunt! i'd say nowadays Werdum would beat JDS to be real, JDS clinch is dead and he doesn't has the same speed of before, just look what happened to JDS against Overeem and what happened at Werdum-Overeem fight. His striking is MT based, not boxing like JDS's.

-sigh-

You're not gonna get it

JDS is 1-1 against Stipe. Werdum is 0-1. Try again.

Also, this post doesn't line up with your previous post in which you said and I quote "the only ones who could beat Werdum in stand up fight are probably Hunt and Volkov"...... Oh yeah, I forgot his name is Hunt Miocic or is it Stipe Volkov? Quit playing games, son.

Werdum would get KTFO'ed again by Stipe with his "I'm gonna run at you with my chin up in the air elite strikes bro!".

Give him a boomerang so he stands a chance.
Really using 2014 as a argument? Shame.
<LikeReally5>

And it was clear enough to clever people that i meant people at top 15 who Werdum could fight next, he's not getting Stipe/Overeem for example. Quit being stupid, son.

And losing to Stipe, one of the best HWs ever and currently top 1, doesn't make your striking average/bad.

<LikeReally5>

And it was clear enough to clever people that i meant people at top 15 who Werdum could fight next, he's not getting Stipe/Overeem for example. Quit being stupid, son.

And losing to Stipe, one of the best HWs ever and currently top 1, doesn't make your striking average/bad.
lol we're done here. That's not what you meant, otherwise you'd simply say something like "Out of guys he could fight that aren't the champ" then the rest of your line you said. You didn't because you don't omit words that entirely change your argument.

Try again, son.

lol we're done here. That's not what you meant, otherwise you'd simply say something like "Out of guys he could fight that aren't the champ" then the rest of your line you said. You didn't because you don't omit words that entirely change your argument.

Try again, son.
That's exactly what i meant since i said that to a guy saying that a "better striker would have taken advantage of that lack of defense" and my point always was that Werdum is not fighting any better striker other than Volkov or Hunt in his next fight, so there's no need to really worry about it.

He looked pretty good, but he was reckless in that 5th round. A better striker could've countered him and probably KO'ed him.

I love his striking style, these combinations, mixing techniques fluently and spectacular bjj.I find it one of the best styles of fighting

<LikeReally5>

Losting to Stipe doesn't make your striking average or bad, having average or bad striking is why you lose to Stipe.

Losting to Stipe doesn't make your striking average or bad, having average or bad striking is why you lose to Stipe.
Yeah Overeem striking is terrible. Thing is nobody is world class level striker at HW if that needs you to beat Stipe.

Yeah Overeem striking is terrible. Thing is nobody is world class level striker at HW if that needs you to beat Stipe.

You're not very clever.

f22NWm5.gif

That is bad striking, that is what cost him against Stipe. A good striker wouldn't have chased him on a straight line. As a boxer, Werdum's skills are more or less on par with Ronda Rousey's they make the exact same flaws and lost for the exact same reasons.

You don't understand fighting or striking.

1.gif

He does the exact same thing against Browne, but Browne wasn't savvy enough to punish him for it.

What. Werdum is 40? Fuck me, I've been watching MMA far too long

I think that, while correct, you have to give some credit to Werdum.

Yes, he was opened and his hands were down and all you said above.
BUT...
Don't you think that Werdum assessed Tybura not to be a great thread which allowed him to take a more "sloppy" defense?
He knew he was winning, plus he got caught plenty of time.
So it seems he tasted Tybura's power and knew he could take it.

IMHO if this was someone like AO or Miocic, he would not allow himself to be so sloppy.

Gonna have to agree with this being the reason Werdum was so careless about coming forward. For someone whose strength is kickboxing, Tybura's striking looked terrible. He seemed incredibly uncomfortable throwing punches, which mainly consisted of flailing slaps, and even his kicks didn't seem to have too much behind them.

You're not very clever.

That is bad striking, that is what cost him against Stipe. A good striker wouldn't have chased him on a straight line. As a boxer, Werdum's skills are more or less on par with Ronda Rousey's they make the exact same flaws and lost for the exact same reasons.

You don't understand fighting or striking.

He does the exact same thing against Browne, but Browne wasn't savvy enough to punish him for it.
Isn't just Browne, the only one who was is Stipe, that's why he is the champ and the top 1 HW, i never said Werdum is a good boxeer, but comparing to Ronda is just ridiculous and the only thing that can explain that is hate, are you a Fedor or a Cain fan to hate that on him that much?

And of course you know that but i think i have to say anyway: Werdum thought Stipe was badly hurt, a big mistake.

Isn't just Browne, the only one who was is Stipe, that's why he is the champ and the top 1 HW, i never said Werdum is a good boxeer, but comparing to Ronda is just ridiculous and the only thing that can explain that is hate, are you a Fedor or a Cain fan to hate that on him that much?

And of course you know that but i think i have to say anyway: Werdum thought Stipe was badly hurt, a big mistake.

No, you're just incapable of understanding the criticism of a fighter that you like so much to have as your profile picture. He runs chin up, pumping punches without lateral movement to cut off the ring. His boxing is EXACTLY like Ronda's, the only difference is that he has less combo variety.

Werdum didn't get knocked out because he thought Stipe was hurt, he got knocked out because he ran face first into a punch, he was punished for the exact same mistake he makes in every fight, including this last one.

Grow up, and stop thinking that criticism is hate.

No, you're just incapable of understanding the criticism of a fighter that you like so much to have as your profile picture. He runs chin up, pumping punches without lateral movement to cut off the ring. His boxing is EXACTLY like Ronda's, the only difference is that he has less combo variety.

Werdum didn't get knocked out because he thought Stipe was hurt, he got knocked out because he ran face first into a punch, he was punished for the exact same mistake he makes in every fight, including this last one.

Grow up, and stop thinking that criticism is hate.
Ok im done with you, after "ring" and "Ronda" again i won't continue this shit, you're really stupid and a hater, welcome to ignore list.

Back