Werdum (23-7-1) vs Ngannou (11-1)

Werdum vs Ngannou

• Total voters
If Verdum is somehow to get Ngannou to the ground we could have another Walt Harris situation on our hands. Keep that in mind.
Haha. I came in this thread to say the same thing.

Ngannou might get submitted in 30 seconds and people will think they just watched Doom vs Walt Harris 2.

Haha. I came in this thread to say the same thing.

Ngannou might get submitted in 30 seconds and people will think they just watched Doom vs Walt Harris 2.

Werdum has never been a great wrestler though and in recent years as he's gotten less agile has struggled to get anyone good down, its been much more a case that he trades fear of his grappling to help his standup by not worrying about the takedown.

The problem is though he does still need to worry about an opponents offence and I think his own defence has serious holes which he exposes trying to be aggressive. I see a pretty high likelihood that Ngannou blasts him within a couple of mins or beats him down like he did Blaydes.

Honestly looking at style matchups beyond Stipe I think that JDS and Hunt might end up being the toughest fights for Ngannou. Tough guys who can take punishment and give it back in aggressive exchanges in the middle of the cage.

Can never count Werdum out. Who knows? Maybe he tricks Francis with one of his trademark fake-knockdowns and submits him when Ngannou charges into his guard.

Can never count Werdum out. Who knows? Maybe he tricks Francis with one of his trademark fake-knockdowns and submits him when Ngannou charges into his guard.

That or perhaps Francis having a weakness to knees are I think his main hopes although I think the cat is out of the bag now rather with the former.

I'm more interested in this fight than Stipe vs. Ngannou.

Every HW will try to get Ngannou to the ground from now on, and thus far he's not been great there. Could KO him, could have improved, could get exposed.

I dont see how werdum takes nganou down tbh

Back