MW champ bisping best yoel
Ww champ Woodley best gsp
LW champ conor best make Weight khabib or fergy
FW champ holloway best conor
BW champ cody best cruz
Flyw champ is best duh
Wbw champ is best
WSW champ is best

LMAO-- only 1 obvious one, in fact, I don't even have to type in name.

Theres one that might need clarification cause I thought t.j beat Cruz so ,imho, garbrandt-dillashaw needs to happen

You know Platinum Mike Perry is also the best fighter in all divisions of Boxing and Kickboxing.
Plus he can probably beat Nadal and Federer in Tennis too.

I think St.-Pierre is better than they are.

Was better? Maybe. Is better currently? Doubtful. He's been away a long time, a lots changed. They aren't all 5'9 wrestle boxers are Welterweight anymore. Guys like Lorenz Larkin are incomparably better than Thiago Alves was, guys like Gastelum and Woodley are much better than Hendricks or Koscheck. Guys like Rory and Thompson are things GSP has never faced in the Octagon before. GSP is old, has been retired 3 years, has had several knee surgeries....This comeback will not go well for him.

I can't believe all the people listing Jones as the best LHW. Shouldn't the jury be out until you see how he does without eye pokes and steroids?

Cain could possibly be the best hw but we don't know.

Jones is the best lhw

Bisping? Get that out of my face.

Woodley probably isn't the best but he is beating some of the best. Time will tell. He's definitely up there.

Conor loses to Ferg or Khabin most likely.

Holloway is the best fw if he beats Frankie

Garbradnt could be the best bw

DJ is the best FW

MW bisping not even top 5

WW is kinda questionable. I think rory is better than woodley but he's in bellator now, I think Larkin could have beat him too, and him and wonderboy are super close so it's hazy.

LW - khabib and tony are better than conor without a doubt. You don't get beat up by nate Diaz If you're the best lw in the world, it's that simple.

Was better? Maybe. Is better currently? Doubtful. He's been away a long time, a lots changed. They aren't all 5'9 wrestle boxers are Welterweight anymore. Guys like Lorenz Larkin are incomparably better than Thiago Alves was, guys like Gastelum and Woodley are much better than Hendricks or Koscheck. Guys like Rory and Thompson are things GSP has never faced in the Octagon before. GSP is old, has been retired 3 years, has had several knee surgeries....This comeback will not go well for him.

St.-Pierre exceeded my expectations against Condit after a serious ACL injury and a year and a half out. But you're right, I can't rule out that he has declined. I should be more cautious and say he has a better record than Larkin and MacDonald. Let's wait and see how he fares when he reenters the octagon.

St.-Pierre exceeded my expectations against Condit after a serious ACL injury and a year and a half out. But you're right, I can't rule out that he has declined. I should be more cautious and say he has a better record than Larkin and MacDonald. Let's wait and see how he fares when he reenters the octagon.

GSP is my number 1 all time. GSP Jones, Fedor, Anderson in that order. Don't get me wrong, but it's a whole different WW era now, GSP is 35 and has been out of the game 3 years with multiple knee surgeries. I'm not hopeful he beats these guys.

We've been in a state of uncertainty in many divisions for a while.

HW: Stipe, Werdum, Cain, even Overeem, all have a case. Styles make fights.

LHW: Jon Jones is obviously the reason for the uncertainty.

MW: Obviously this is a prime example.

WW: I actually think Woodley has the best case for being the best WW. He got the better of Wonderboy in their two fights. But still, he had that long stretch on the shelf before winning the title, and he has that bad loss to Rory. So it's far from certain who the best is. There's Woodley, Wonderboy, Maia, Masvidal, Conor, Rory, even Robbie, Larkin, Lima, Askren. So who the fuck knows?

LW: I think Conor's the best, but his future's uncertain, Ferguson's amazing, and Khabib is still undefeated.

FW: I think Conor's the best, but his future's uncertain, and Holloway's amazing

BW: I think Garbrandt is better than TJ and Dom, but they're all very close at the top, so it's far from proven.

FLW: Mighty Mouse's dominance speaks for itself, but I have no idea who'd win between him and TJ. And even Cody's willing to move down. So there's uncertainty here too.

WBW: Amanda Nunes is the best. But she needs to beat Shevchenko convincingly, and avenge the Zingano loss.

WSW: After seeing what JJ did to Andrade, I can't doubt her. She's the only champion on this list who's undoubtedly the best.

I like Rory a lot, and I hope he reigns in the Bellator WW division.

UFC WW is off the table since PLATINUM MIKE PERRY was born.

What do we think Sherdoggers? Are the Champions of most divisions the best fighter in the division or are they there due to fortunate circumstances? I know a lot of people don't seem Michael Bisping as the best MW, some argue that he isn't even top ten. Are there other weight classes where that is the case?

Personally I'd like to make an argument that the Welterweight division does not have the best fighter sitting at the top. In fact I'd probably put him at number three with Demian Maia at number two. This will hopefully be put to the test soon, but in my mind there is no question who the number one Welterweight in the UFC is - Platinum Mike Perry.

21yLVTU.jpg

I'm sure many will disagree with what I've said here but remember this is an open discussion to talk about weight classes where the champion is not the best fighter - not bash Platinum Mike Perry.

After the age of dominance of fighters like Silva, jon Jones & GSP, most of men's divisions this holds true. Let me tell you how I see it:

HW - Cain (if healthy) had a good style to beat Miocic.
LHW - easy: Jon Jones
MW - Almost anyone from the top 10 are better than Bisping. If he'd fight someone who is not retired and from his own division, we would have lost his belt already.
WW - Maia.
LW - Khabib & Tony over Conor (do we consider him the champion? He's not even in this sport anymore!!)
FW - Frankie.
BW - never defended and just got it, so I dunno if TJ could beat him (or even Cruz, if Cruz was too over-confident). But I don't know. From the Cruz fight, it seems it was nto a fluke, so maybe Cody is the top...
FLW - Well, this is the only obvious one. No one is close to DJ.

WOmen's divisions are steadier IMO.
WST - JJ is at the top.
WBW - Nunes needs to prove herself IMO.
WFW - Well, Cyborg is the uncrowned champ.

I thought this would be an interesting thread. Turns out we got a lot of delusional people in this forum

Mike Perry vs Jon Jones at 205 is a tough call for me. Jones has big reach, but Perry could definitely slip inside and get the Tysonesque KO. Ive got this one at 50/50 just because of Jones experience at that weight. If Perry gets a LHW warm up fight against someone like Gus to get his range down and some experience in a match he has no real risk of losing, i think he can take out Jon fairly easily after that. If its Perry first fight at LHW i say its 50/50 between him and Jon
Dude you're fucking kidding me with this shit right? I know you have to be. Mike Perry would fucking cringe to even be sharing the octagon with Jonny Bones. Bones would fucking M-U-R-D-E-R Perry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back