Weight classes are over rated.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Aoki vs Askren. In that fight you can see why weight classes matter

Yeah, sweet lets give them hammers too.

Context sir.

Romero was winning until he gassed. It was 2-2 going into the 5th.

And Jacare was handling Whittaker fine until he tore his pectoral muscle in the middle of the fight.

Age really didn't play a factor.

2-2 isn't winning.
Stamina is part of a game.

Whitakker had injured knee and still won.

whenever i see a fight between 2 guys who both dropped down in weight class i see how ridiculous it is, just risking your health for nothing

It matters the most in the long run.

If you're fighting above your optimal weight, your career will be shorter as you'll take more damage even when winning.

2 weight classes means nothing? TS is a moron.

TS is always looking for a new way to suck Conor off.

Buddy, get good enough to win a wrestling or boxing tournament, then fight a tournament champion 15 lbs above you. None of your attacks will work half as well.

it depends on their skill level. the higher up the ranks you go. weight should matter.

Somewhat agree, but thats partially because of extreme weight cutting. Darren Till would wreck most of the MWs, like Gastellum and Whittaker are doing.

Fighters have largely got bigger and bigger for their weight classes in the past ten years. Shogun if he entered now would be a small MW. Machida the same. Most of the LHWs of this era would have been competing in the HW division in Pride. etc etc.

Weight cutting has become a science now.

I like Woodley's chances in that fight honestly. He'll be 10X harder to take down than Kelvin and can knock Weidman out at any given moment.

Woodley already is a manlet (5'9") so there's nothing teh Chris can do about that.

? Woodley only has 6 finishes due to strikes in 18 wins. How his power would translate against a guy the size of Weidman is debatable.

Weidman has only lost to 3 of the best MW ever. I expect he would maul Woodley. Remember this is the guy that knocked out Anderson Silva.

Woodley wasn't able to knock out a nearly 40 year old Maia.

Nate isn't a WW yo. When Nate fought actual WWs he got tossed around like a child.

I did.
You mentioned gassing and i replied.

BTW age and stamina might be correlated.
Maybe. Maybe not.

But that's not a good argument for Romero. Romero is a Indy 500 dragster not a NASCAR 500 lap car. It's just his fighting style.

Conor vs Nate(Yes Nate was 20lbs bigger)
Conor and Nate were two lightweights who didn't cut weight. Neither was a real welterweight. Nate was 169 and Conor 168 on the weigh ins... Lightweights who cut weight are all around 165-170 in the cage,

I like Woodley's chances in that fight honestly. He'll be 10X harder to take down than Kelvin and can knock Weidman out at any given moment.

Woodley already is a manlet (5'9") so there's nothing teh Chris can do about that.
I like Woodley's chances vs any middleweight. The guy may be boring and controversial, but he is one of the most under rated fighters in the UFC. You dont beat Wonderboy unless you are an elite champion. WB murked on Knuckles, while Knucles has murked on the best MW's in the world.

Back