Weidman vs Rockhold 2 is #1 BS

Just don’t want to see it , cus loser will have a thousand execuses . Rockhold oh the weight cut is killing me . Weidman oh I’ve been hurt . Not trying to hear that shit

After the last beating it would be wise for Weidman to avoid Rockhold. Weidman has got a lot of chips to lose if he gets beat by Rockhold again.

Im sick and tired of these "top 5" guys fighting eachother and not giving the chance to some up and comers to climb the way up.

Guys like Paulo Costa o Israel Adesanya should be getting opportunities.

Stupid to think Weidman could be still ranked top 5 if he loses again and be 1-4 in his last 5.

And wasnt Luke moving to LHW?

Champions are not the only ones holding divisions... "contenders" are pulling the same shit too.

DId you miss the part where Romero is fighting Costa?

Weidman got a win over Gastelum, he’s always competitive against any top 5 so he is.

This is not boxing,mma ranking are completly different.

Can we start calling chris weidman "the wide" again now?

Im sick and tired of these "top 5" guys fighting eachother and not giving the chance to some up and comers to climb the way up.

Guys like Paulo Costa o Israel Adesanya should be getting opportunities.

Stupid to think Weidman could be still ranked top 5 if he loses again and be 1-4 in his last 5.

And wasnt Luke moving to LHW?

Champions are not the only ones holding divisions... "contenders" are pulling the same shit too.
Costa's fighting the #1 contender yoel WTF kid, he can't get a better opportunity unless it was a title shot.

The fact these 2 aren’t jumping up to 205 is mind boggling to me the LHW division is so pathetic these 2 could could be fighting for the belt right now in LHW

There seemed like serious talk of having Weidman fight for a championship. This seems much more reasonable in comparison.

The costa fight wouldve been nice, but i think hes jumping the queue a little, plus this is a legit rematch.

I have a feeling rockhold is not the same as he was the first time. Not broken, but damaged. Weidman has had to tough it out since losing his belt, but he seems the more likely to rise through adversity. Still hard to pick a winner here, but id go for weidman by decision unless rockhold knocks him out.

Your idea is why so many young talents end up evaporating. What's the point in rushing these kids when Costa showed he has obvious defensive holes in his game against Hall, and that Israel barely beat a pretty pathetic fighter before his fight against Tavares? Not to mention the fact that beating Tavares doesn't earn you a top 3-5 guy.

This is a rematch that has been in the works for awhile now, I think is quite warranted, and both Costa/Israel are not nearly as ready for either fighter as you might think.

his idea is also how stars are born. remember when Werdum on a 2 fight win streak in his first stint in UFC? and then he was being fed some unknown Brazilian with a 6-1 record for his debut? that unknown Brazilian was Junior Dos Santos and he crushed Werdum in 80 secs of the 1st rd.

some guys need time to develop, and some guys come out hot and they just need to get the right fights ASAP. look at Justin Gaethje, if he had come over to the UFC earlier, he might have been able to get a title shot and even win it. but because he had spent so much time in WSOF with his fighting style, you need to get the big fights quickly before you burn out.

i think Costa is like that. he needs to get the big fights in quickly before he accumulates too much damage. with his style, he's never gonna be a defensive wizard, he needs the right guys for him to be a success though. putting him vs Rockhold is ideal for him in a top fight. chinny guy who's defense can be exposed by attacking with flurries, something Costa is good at. after that Costa is basically 1 fight from a title fight, and could you imagine the hype of a Costa/Whittaker fight?

The fight is complete shit. And Yoel Romero vs Paulo Costa is a great fight on paper, but just doesn't make sense either.

I wanna see Whittaker vs Romero 3 to be quite honest.

you'd think Luke could've developed a blast double or at least a decent single leg, given all the time training with DC and Cain

Or since he has so much height, maybe work a Greco game and use some trips and throws

Hes not a pure wrestler, meaning instinct, to be a great wrestler, or at any sport, you've got to start young and do those drills, get that base, it takes years, it does happen, very rarely where a fighter just picks wrestling up later and excels at it, like George's, but how many others are there like that?

Back