Weidman vs Machida. Very entertaining fight! Was it The Chris's most solid performance?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Damn, what a fight! I don´t see a lot of people talking about this one, but wow, it was very competitive , fast paced and both guys looked in great shape. Chris looked sharp, and I think this was his best performance inside the octagon.
Obviously beating Silva twice meant more, but in the Machida fight he was able to showcase his skills better imo.

Thoughts?

His win over Munoz was absolutely flawless and will forever be his best performance in my opinion. Mark didn't land a single strike and we got that matrix timing elbow. I know its just Mark Munoz, but Mark was 7-1 in his last 8.

I was certain we'd see them rematch after that fight, that was great.
And then they both fell off a cliff pretty much.

I like to see the best get hurt and come back so my pick...

His win over Munoz was absolutely flawless and will forever be his best performance in my opinion. Mark didn't land a single strike and we got that matrix timing elbow. I know its just Mark Munoz, but Mark was 7-1 in his last 8.

Holy shit. Had to look it up to verify.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fighter-details/179f1948dc234f1f

Crazy... Mark actually landed zero strikes in 3 of his last 4 losses, and only 3 total strikes in the other loss. The Weidman one is particularly crazy because it actually made it to the middle of the second round without Munoz landing a single strike.

I know I sound like a hater but he has a habit of beating washed up fighter past their prime. SIlva was long past his and Machida was slipping.

Crazy... Mark actually landed zero strikes in 3 of his last 4 losses, and only 3 total strikes in the other loss. The Weidman one is particularly crazy because it actually made it to the middle of the second round without Munoz landing a single strike.

YAY-STATISTICS-04.gif

PS ...and I am not being sarcastic. So much info in fightmetric. I get amazed from time to time.
PPS Aaron Simpson. Jesus...

Weidman is one of the most underrated fighters

Silva x2, Vitor, Machida, Maia and Munoz were all very good wins.

Hell no. Like you said it's Mark fucking Munoz. I can't disrespect the Chris by saying some shit like that. Best performance was Silva 1.

Weidman is one of the most underrated fighters

Silva x2, Vitor, Machida, Maia and Munoz were all very good wins.
Dont forget Gastelum, Lawlor and Hall. Lawlor had wins over Cote, Kingsbury and Dollaway going into the Weidman fight. Sakara was also on a 3 fight win streak in UFC when he fought Weidman.

Hell no. Like you said it's Mark fucking Munoz. I can't disrespect the Chris by saying some shit like that. Best performance was Silva 1.
Many people seem to agree with me. Thats just your opinion and I can respect that. Cant call that his best performance since Silva was acting rather foolish. Yes Chris KO'd Silva fair and square but it was an even contest if not Silva winning before the KO. The taunting that led to the KO was some of the most disrespectful taunting Ive seen in the sport. Silva deserved to get KO
'd with his hands down so low and chin so wide open. It was a great performance by Chris but definitely not his best.

I know I sound like a hater but he has a habit of beating washed up fighter past their prime. SIlva was long past his and Machida was slipping.
Machida was on a tear back then. He came into the fight 3-1 in his last 4, with the loss being a robbery to Phil Davis.

Kinda true, but not his fault tho.
Wouldnt say its exactly true.. I mean Vitor and Lyoto earned those title shots. We cant criticize those fighters for what they did AFTER the weidman fight. Look at what they did to earn that fight.

Great fight. I was surprised by Weidman's resilience through some of those flurries Lyoto smashed him with in the later rounds.

Many people seem to agree with me. Thats just your opinion and I can respect that. Cant call that his best performance since Silva was acting rather foolish. Yes Chris KO'd Silva fair and square but it was an even contest if not Silva winning before the KO. The taunting that led to the KO was some of the most disrespectful taunting Ive seen in the sport. Silva deserved to get KO
'd with his hands down so low and chin so wide open. It was a great performance by Chris but definitely not his best.

Most people can think a shit sandwich tastes good. Doesn't make it so lol. But Silva definitely wasn't winning that fight. He had nothing for Chris.

Wouldnt say its exactly true.. I mean Vitor and Lyoto earned those title shots. We cant criticize those fighters for what they did AFTER the weidman fight. Look at what they did to earn that fight.
I'll give you Machida, but not Vitor. We knew the kind of Vitor we were going to see. First fight off trt

If Munoz had beaten Chris he wouldve fought Anderson for the title

Ppl like to ignore that but he was top 3-5 at the time

Weidman looked great but I don't think it was his most solid performance.

Back