Weidman vs David Branch #1 contender fight should be next?

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Anyone agree, the winner should get next shot after Big Gas

delivery-girl_o_627735.jpg

attachment.php

Liked for pics but Branch should be fighting someone lower, like lyoto, Jacare or Boestch.

At first, I disagreed with the title but somehow I was convinced after reading the thread

Since when did UPS and Dominoes start hiring 13 year olds?

Antonio Carlos Junior is fighting Brunson in August. Assuming Shoeface wins, he deserves a #1 contender fight.

I say just give Weidman the next title shot, and Shoeface can fight Gastelum for #1 contender.

branch is a beast .. Unfortunately looked amateur against rockturd on the ground ..

Weidman would be good Imo ..

anyone to climb him up the ranks .. Unfortunately we know a huge hole in his game already

oh anyone else notice that bitch up top got three jobs !! Bad little bitch right there !!

Romero is the #1 contender, Weidman and Branch could fight for the next TS but they wouldn't be the #1 contender lol.

Romero is the #1 contender, Weidman and Branch could fight for the next TS but they wouldn't be the #1 contender lol.

Romero is only the #1 contender until UFC 225, after that, they will need a new #1 contender :)

branch is a beast .. Unfortunately looked amateur against rockturd on the ground ..

Weidman would be good Imo ..

anyone to climb him up the ranks .. Unfortunately we know a huge hole in his game already

Everyone looks like an amateur on the ground against RockSalt...Whineman, Bisking, Maceeda, Timmay Botch

The key is to headkick KO rocksalt before he can take you ground...hench what Beltfort did

Antonio Carlos Junior is fighting Brunson in August. Assuming Shoeface wins, he deserves a #1 contender fight.

I say just give Weidman the next title shot, and Shoeface can fight Gastelum for #1 contender.
Weidman a title shot?? hes 1-3 with 3 huge loses. MW division is kind of in shambles right now, but 1-3....... not close loses in those 3 either. and kelvin wasn't ranked as high when he beat him. hard to give the chris a title shot right now

Then why the fuck did Kelvin and Jacare fight? No. Gastelum gets the next shot, and if Weidman beats Branch, he gets the shot AFTER Kelvin

I think he should fight Jacare. Jacare is still way more deserving after the Gastelum fight than Branch.

pretty sure they train together at Renzo Gracie Academy.
Weidman would make quick work of Branch, but with limited options at 185, not a bad fight to make.

However, guessing that Weidman will wait until after UFC 225 to sign next bout agreement. And, if Romero beats Whittaker, setting up the trilogy, he'll find a way to leapfrog Gastelum as the next title contender.

Ideally, Whittaker fights Gastelum at MSG in November, w/ Weidman in a contender fight on that main card.

Back